Workshop RELEASE V2]Helm's Deep

• Modes Supported

FFA (inside castle and outside)
    DUEL (inside catle only)
    KOTH (inside catle only)
    TO (Full map)
    TD (inside castle)

Team Objective

Agatha is in Helm’ Deep while Mason tries to to invade the castle.

Agatha = defenders
    Mason = attackers

Objective 1: Destroy the outer wall with bombcart / defend the outer wall
    Objective 2: Destroy the main gate to invade / defend the main gate
    Objective 3: Kill the King / Defend the king

Download the map on nexus
    http://chivalrymw.nexusmods.com/mods/2/?

[Edit 08/24/13]

ChangeLog : Beta 1.8

• Fix what i called the bot glitch
    • add props
    • correct some floating prop
    • change some foliage
    • add some lights
    • TD has been re-introduced
    • Two FFA maps (small and XL)

[Edit 08/11/13]

ChangeLog : Beta 1.5

• Fixed the flying player glitch in the throneroom
    • replace torches by prefab
    • skybox was too high which created a black area to be visible
    • T.O bombcart should be working
    • TDM has been excluded cause it 's not properly working right now.
    • Add a catapult to fire on the wall
    • Update the readme with bug report and more instruction on how to use the map

[Edit 08/06/13]

ChangeLog : Beta 1.2

Thanks to ChuckinIt to point out seem issues.

• Some Prop were floating
    • foliage Texture problem should be fixed
    • made change to some light to be brighter

[Edit 07/30/13]

Add explanation of the map and TO

[Edit 07/26/13]

It’s been almost 3 week since the last update. Helm’s Deep is finally in Beta.

Let’s see what you will be playing

FFA - DUEL - TDM - KOTH - TO

Changelog :

Some news pics :

[Edit 07/11]

Hi, here some news about the map. I’ve worked on FFA and DUEL mode inside the Castle.

Changelog :

I hope to release the first version of the map this week end. It will be only playable in FFA and Duel.

What’s next:

here some news pics (click to get full size). I’ve recorded some video i need to edit for this week end.

i’m Goomba a french level designer student and I’m currently working on a map featuring Helm’s Deep.
    There is more work to do with polishing and post process and testing but i can share with you some pics

However, please note that I did not recreate it with 100% accuracy.

1/ Helm’s Deep has been depicted in diffrent manner even before the movies comes out.
    2/It needed to be adapted for chivalry but also in term of Level Design.
    3/Nothing

The map has been design for KOTH and FFA in so far. I plan to make it playable also for Duel (mainly in the Deep) and of course TO (but it will take longer and need some ajustment).

So i stop talking and give you the pics.

• Finally Helms deep map for Chiv. Good work !
    I loved it in AoC and m&b!

• Great! If you realy want a good example you should check out the Helmsdeep map in AoC. It realy had good level design.

• awesome - don’t stop !

• It was inevitable. It was bound to happen. Helm’s Deep is coming to Chivalry!

• Thank the heavens! I will be watching the progress of this very closely.

• Awesome, i was waiting for this map so long :D

• I am glad that you have a huge jump on this map as I was planning on doing a conversion of the AOC Helms Deep map into UDK. But, what i would suggest is that you Download Age of Chivalry and play the Helms Deep map so you know how the objectives worked as well as everything thing else in the map. Reason being is that this map was one of the best maps in AOC as far as objectives and strategies goes. There would be nothing wrong with coping the objectives, catapult placements, siege towers and capture/respawn points and placing them in your map.

• Omg you did that ?!
    Congratz

• Thanks to all for your support.

So i’ve added the weather system, now it rains in the map, worked on the terrain and added some props. I 've got some issues i try to understand and fix.

@Retsnom:

But, what i would suggest is that you Download Age of Chivalry and play the Helms Deep map so you know how the objectives worked as well as everything thing else in the map. Reason being is that this map was one of the best maps in AOC as far as objectives and strategies goes. There would be nothing wrong with coping the objectives, catapult placements, siege towers and capture/respawn points and placing them in your map.

I will definitely look at the map yet i don’t have HL2 to use AoC mods (go ahead and scream !) and i won’t copy the objectives and props placement. I understand that you love this map but to my mind it doesn’t make sense.

1/I just don’t want to simply take someone else’s work and copy it. It’s not fair and it won’t help in term of skills improvement.

2/I don’t like “remake” in general and want to offer a different lecture of this wonderful battle

If someone wants to make a remake of the Helm’s deep form AoC that’s ok but it’s not gonna be me. That being said, if you love it, it means i need to look at this map and see what was so cool in it.

By the way i don’t have resources to hold a chivalry server, so if one of you would like to host the map when it’s done, feel free to contact me.

• you can play the left 4 dead version for reference. its basically a carbon copy of the map with all the AoC stuff taken out of it.

• Before you get all defensive about not adding or mirroring the AOC objectives, you should really look at them, see how they were played, the positions of spawn points, capture points, moving siege towers, raising ladders, choke points, battering ram, bomb carting the wall and the like. It is not because I like it that I am suggesting it. It is because it was one of the best designs for team objectives. So much so that other mods modified the map for their game. Besides, why recreate the wheel?

It was very well balanced if played correctly with lots of strategies both offense and defense with the ability for flanking. It was almost a perfect in design slightly favoring the attackers thus making a defensive win all the more sweeter because it was hard.

This may help you… P9KqneEKKPY

Sadly the guy recording it is only spaming the catapults but if you watch all 3 parts and pay attention to the objectives being done in the distance you will see them.

Objective 1 - was to capture the point on the wall. This was done by several ways. Raising ladders and pushing the siege tower to the wall . epic battles were fought just doing this section.

Objective 2 - Was to push the bomb cart to the wall and blow a hole in it so that the second point could be captured. Again, lots of ways to achieve this using cats, flanking, etc.

Objective 3 - was to push the battering ram all the way across the bridge and smash the main gate open. Once this was achieved spawn points were moved. Mason (attacking) was moved to the gate, Agatha (defense) was pushed back to the second wall court yard.

Objective 4 - was to capture the point on the first upper wall

Objective 5 - was to capture the point in the inner wall. In both cases of capture points, there were many ways around to attack and defend through choke points. Once OBJ 5 was captured, the throne room doors were opened, spawn points were moved again. Mason (attacking) moved to court yard, Agatha (defending) was pushed back to the throne room.

Objective 6 - Was to capture and press the Hornberg at the top of the tower. This is where epic battles took place though choke points, the stair case to the second level and the final spiral staircase to the Hornberg.

In all cases, ammo boxes were brilliantly placed along with several back ways to get around and to flank some of the choke points. The mod is free to DL and play or walk through if you have any game with the HL2 engine. It would be worth it to see other maps that were also very successful for team based objectives.

• [Edit 07/11]

Hi, here some news about the map. I’ve worked on FFA and DUEL mode inside the Castle.

Changelog :

I hope to release the first version of the map this week end. It will be only playable in FFA and Duel.

What’s next:

I’ve edited my first post. there is some news pics.

• @Goomba:

I hope to release the first version of the map this week end…

Just link us the cooked file and we shall test it!!! I have someone who can host it, since we have been doing it already with other beta maps.

• @Goomba:

Thanks to all for your support.

So i’ve added the weather system, now it rains in the map

Does the sun come out when gandalf appears with the riders of rohan?

• Sorry to disappoint you, but i don’t think Gandalf will be there even if you look east at dawn :D

I’ve worked all night to cooked the map but it does’nt work maybe because i did not fulfill the map info or use a script. i’ll try to fix it during the next fews hours. I’ll try to upload the cooked file before 4 p.m, got a train to catch.

In the meantime you can watch the first video.

youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJHCPaOAkDY

• Update with the map to download and test.

I hope you can try. it didn’t worked for me, but let’s give it a try

https://mega.co.nz/#!rIJyjYaJ!Pgp_aDKsV … o4BBXc8bnY

• Looks amazing! But you are a tease… I wanted a look at the outer wall. hopefully we can get the cooked map working. You have done some good work.

• Amazing map, can’t try it for now, my pc is near death… But it looks great. I hope you’ll find a way to cook it !