Workshop RELEASE V2]Helm's Deep

• @gandy41:

Ok i will post it…
    And i have a question.
    Is the wall in TO, supposed to explode and smash when you bring the cart ?
    Anybody made any Lotr skins? It would be epic playing with elven, or orcish skins.

Well I only made the grate exploded not the all wall. I need to make other props for that.

I know it’s still raining inside building. i have no idea how to change that.

• So anything new?

• Yep I had less time to work on the bug and lots of problem on an other map i’m working on.

I need to perform some more test on the Team Objective. There a strange bug on the assassination objective when playing with bot that need to be check when playing only with players.

I’ll release a new version soon.

• Didn’t you said that next version goes live?

• Hello everyone here a new version coming out. Due to various problem in the SDK the third objective in T.O was removed, please note that bots are not meant to be playable with in T.O.

This version is not live because there is still some issues that I hope will be resolved once the SDK goes live.

In the map the basic music is still playing for some second but disappear after 10 to 30 seconds. So yes it’s kind of annoying but it’s part of the SDK beta that we, modders, can’t modify.

So is the problem with objective. In T.O it says “objective failed” instead of objective completed for Mason team. My apologies for all this known issues.

Hope you still enjoy the map.

By the way if anyone has managed to get assassination working in the exemple map i can’t wait to see it.

• Why are everyone’s objective to kill the king.

How many different kings are there?

Just needs to be a lord. You can’t have more than one king.

• @lemonater47:

Why are everyone’s objective to kill the king.

How many different kings are there?

Just needs to be a lord. You can’t have more than one king.

Well that’s what the objective is called by default.

I suppose you could assume every time one king dies another takes his place; “The King is dead, long live the King!”

• Might be getting ahead of ourselves, but how are you at character models Goomba? Any chance we’ll see some Uruk-hai mason skins included in the finalised steam workshop package?

• @Strudel:

Might be getting ahead of ourselves, but how are you at character models Goomba? Any chance we’ll see some Uruk-hai mason skins included in the finalised steam workshop package?

YEAH! Mason Vanguards turn into Uruk-Hai Berserkers!

• And archers can turn into snivelling little goblins. More so than they currently are I mean.

• Amazing map! I made a movie to introduce to my friends.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=7T … s&vq=hd720

• Great map! Keep up the good work.

If anyone has a server up of this map let me know! I would love to join.

Suggestions:
    -Raise the side path to the front gate bridge so that attackers can’t jump on it and bypass the gate.
    -Remove some rocks under the front gate bridge so players don’t fall down and get stuck, they just die.
    -Add a step up platform so archers can shoot easier from the deeping wall and other walls. I find myself as an archer having to jump on the edge/cover to get decent visibility.
    -Move spawn points closer on TO. I spend a lot of time running. unless you have a server with lots of people it can get anticlimactic if you spend most your time running to the battle.
    -For team objective the last objective could be killing peasants in a cave if you want an alternative to killing the king.
    -add a path from the deeping wall to some portion of the keep.
    -add a trigger perhaps on TO when the cart gets half ways siege ladders appear. May have to get creative with this one but would be awesome!

As a future idea, if custom skins become a thing, it would be cool to promote the top players to Berserkers, Theodin, Legolas, Aragorn, Elves, ect.

If you need any help I could assist with the kismet portion. I enjoy working with triggers for custom maps.

• Can u please upload the .cwmsdk file?

• Please upload to workshop! I really wanna play this on a server :D

• Hi everyone thanks for the support so far and the suggestion.

That’s great to here that workshop is working.

I know that will be disapointing for you but i’m currently unable to upload the map on the workshop because i have moved in another city and i’m still waiting for my internet provider to give me access. I can only use a public access with my notebook. And of course all my maps on chivalry are on my desktop computer which has no wifi.

As soon as i get back internet (i’ll be much happy to make update of steam) i will be able to take suggestion in consideration and recook the map to upload it on the workshop.

Trust me I’m as impatient as you. I miss a good internet connection.

• I could download your map from nexus, cook it and upload if you want? At least as a placeholder until you get a good internet connection?

• Can this be put up on the steam workshop so it can be easily added to servers plox!

• @TheSwordOfTheMorning:

Can this be put up on the steam workshop so it can be easily added to servers plox!

Read what he said about that here: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=15152&start=60#p207743

• Oh… Well then, that’s a bit awkward. I didn’t quite read that post explaining my question before I asked it facepalm I’m just going to go and uhh… practice my reading… :P

• @TheSwordOfTheMorning:

Oh… Well then, that’s a bit awkward. I didn’t quite read that post explaining my question before I asked it facepalm I’m just going to go and uhh… practice my reading… :P

Haha no problem. Now you know!