Weapon chat

• The tables have turned, so have some of the weapons in the game! What do you guys think are the best weapons for each class right now? My actice arsenal has definetely changed a lot. :)

1) Messer
    Is now extremely good! It one-shots archers and even Man at arms! Plus you can still mouse-drag very effectively.

2) Maul
    Possibly the strongest weapon in the game right now, since in the hands of a skilled player is devastating. I still cannot quite comprehend this fact: IT ONE-SHOTS EVERYTHING!! People are so used to the old maul they underestimate its current power greatly!

3) Bardiche
    It now one-shot archers with torso hits and MAAs with headshot-overheads. Very powerfull!

• Go to the Balance and Mechanics forum for weapons chat, there is plenty there already.

• @funthomass:

The tables have turned, so have some of the weapons in the game! What do you guys think are the best weapons for each class right now? My actice arsenal has definetely changed a lot. :)

1) Messer
    It always had one shot Archers, but the buff to one hit MAA with a slash to the head is AMAZING :D

2) Maul
    I absolutely love the Maul now, I loved it pre patch, but post patch it’s hilariously good fun. People complain about it, but they just miss time it’s swings.
    Combo overheads on the Maul are so deceivingly slow, and I think my new favourite thing is running up to a Knight, start swinging before them and hit them mid windup by exploding their head, magnificent!

• The messer one shotting maa to the head is not AMAZING when you’re the one being one hit killed. I would much rather it not OHK maa.

• In your opinion it is not amazing, in mine it is.

I am not sure if it was a planned buff though, I guess it’s cause slash is 99 swing damage now and not 85 swing blunt.

• @funthomass:

1) Messer
    Is now extremely good! It one-shots archers and even Man at arms! Plus you can still mouse-drag very effectively.

Now a slashing weapon if you fight lighter classes. Overheads are less effective there but more powerful against heavy foes. An interesting approach that gives a unique feeling.

@funthomass:

2) Maul
    Possibly the strongest weapon in the game right now, since in the hands of a skilled player is devastating. I still cannot quite comprehend this fact: IT ONE-SHOTS EVERYTHING!! People are so used to the old maul they underestimate its current power greatly!

Even before the patch is was the most damaging weapon ingame (both single strikes and DPS). Now you can crush everything but it’s still slow and range isn’t the greatest. Especially against lighter classes the massive damage is overkill while limited reach and speed make it difficult to use effectively. Basically the big brother of the warhammer in gameplay terms.

@funthomass:

3) Bardiche
    It now one-shot archers with torso hits and MAAs with headshot-overheads. Very powerfull!

Stuffed into the fridge. Try the Zweihänder: Its just plain better in almost every situation. That damage type change (the inverse what happened to the Messer) pushed the Bardiche out of its niche and gave nothing in return (poor weapon was probably too popular :-( ). A big axe dealing cutting damage with overhead - for me one of the worst changes of the patch along with the Warbow and Thrusting Dagger buffs.

• @Evil:

@funthomass:

3) Bardiche

Stuffed into the fridge. Try the Zweihänder: Its just plain better in almost every situation. That damage type change (the inverse what happened to the Messer) pushed the Bardiche out of its niche and gave nothing in return (poor weapon was probably too popular :-( ). A big axe dealing cutting damage with overhead - for me one of the worst changes of the patch along with the Warbow and Thrusting Dagger buffs.

It is so popular that nobody in here noticed that it 1shot MaA to the head before the patch ;)

Bardiche is still good. And it is the other way around, the Bardiche outclasses the Zwei.

Maul is still the worst weapon you can possibly field when fighting MaA. It got a buff vs Knights, but against the other classes it did not change (much).

And Messer slash 1 shotting MaA is not intended, that will most likely be gone with the next patch.

• So they added to the already impressive list of weapons that can 1-shot MAAs, and then also nerfed the MAA’s ability to attack/escape (aka, dodge/lunge & stamina changes)?

=____=

• I feel i need to say that neither the range or the maul slowness of the dont matter to a skilled maul player. The one-shot power is all we need and if we ever feel there is a skilled Maa on the battlefield the broadsword can deal with him quickly. This is how I feel about the maul :)

• @Falc:

Bardiche is still good. And it is the other way around, the Bardiche outclasses the Zwei.

I can’t really see why. And even if you are right the problem is still the same: the Bardiche was ripped out of it’s niche (big and long Vanguard axe) and put in the Zweihänders (big and long Vanguard sword). The Bardiches old niche is now left vacant (the other polearms and axes fullfill different roles). This change just put the weapon in a worse spot before you even look at balance.

And where is the logic in that? Your axe suddenly deals less impact damage and more blade damage when striking from above?

The game doesn’t need a new varienty of Zweihänder - it needs the Bardiche back.

• @wyrda78:

The messer one shotting maa to the head is not AMAZING when you’re the one being one hit killed. I would much rather it not OHK maa.

If you’re getting hit as an MaA, you’re playing it wrong.

@Urban:

So they added to the already impressive list of weapons that can 1-shot MAAs, and then also nerfed the MAA’s ability to attack/escape (aka, dodge/lunge & stamina changes)?

=____=

No, they actually buffed MaAs with no more combo feint parry.