Archers needed a beef…why? xD

• Dat archer spam.

• Well, the ones in the middle are probably trying to rank up archer and are new to the game… the game is on sale after all, which means that more new players need to unlock the weapons.

• I don’t think anyone ever argued that archers were underpowered at any level of play. The archer buff was utterly nonsensical, and I have yet to see anyone even attempt to justify it’s existence.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that archers were buffed to counter the claymore vanguard. But overpowering one element to counter another overpowered element doesn’t sound too brilliant.

• @FrostFire626:

I don’t think anyone ever argued that archers were underpowered at any level of play. The archer buff was utterly nonsensical, and I have yet to see anyone even attempt to justify it’s existence.

The only possible explanation I can come up with is that archers were buffed to counter the claymore vanguard. But overpowering one element to counter another overpowered element doesn’t sound too brilliant.

Archers on their own aren’t a big issue, but as you can see, there were 7 archers in an 11-person team. I could hardly step out of spawn without getting shot by something.

• If you stand still for too long in a game like this, you’re pretty much guaranteed to become a walking pin cushion (and then a dead one).

I’d say it’s attributed to the sale, not the apparent buff. Archer doesn’t require much skill to get kills, and they can transfer all their mad first person shooter skills straight over. But gosh darn is it satisfying to flank without them noticing, and just mow through them.

• The archer buff is annoying, most times I play TO I just end up quitting because I keep getting shot to death. Lately I have been seeing defending team stacked full of over 50% archer, and destroying the other team too. Now I don’t have anything against archers, but lately they have been really detrimental to the fun I’ve been having playing team based game modes.

• To my knowledge, the Bow arrow speed increases are a result of a flaw in the way arrow speeds used to (unintentionally) function - they were based on your FPS, and now they are not, so all of the speeds are out of whack. I have no idea where the Crossbow changes came from.

• I find I pretty much have to play fast moving class in any team based mode. Move too slowly (AKA Knight) and you get shot at a lot. You have to cover ground fast. So you go MAA or VG. Since the team is full of archers, you might as well choose vanguard and chop your way through ranks and ranks of archers.

So basically the team based modes come down to: Play Archer OR play Vanguard. Anything else is sub-par as you get shot up, even holding a shield as a knight or MAA. MAA you can get around the side, but your shorter range lends too much risk to getting ‘shotgun’ sniped by archers on your approach, you can only get shot in the legs so many times…

• The majority of archers are hopeless. But there’s always one good archer. And a good archer can wreck havoc.

• Yeah, unintended buff.

However I can recommend one tactic: choose knight with a shield, run around the flank and mow your way to victory. All of a sudden their team is very weak and your team can now run all over them.

• I wouldn’t say archers in general are overpowered, but the changes to the crossbow projectile speeds and thrusting dagger went too far. The movement speed buff for longbow and shortbow were overdue, and balanced them in respect to the warbow.

• Archers were made easier to play for same reason CFtP was removed, to attract new players.

• All arrow speeds will be tuned down now that they’re consistent.

• @SlyGoat:

All arrow speeds will be tuned down now that they’re consistent.

By about how much now? (i’m going to guess 20%), and this doesn’t include throwables?

• @SlyGoat:

Will this be included in the next hot fix?

• @SlyGoat:

We need atleast 50%

@XaleUdo:

Will this be included in the next hot fix?

Haha, you said hot fix!