Votekick function - Remove or remake

• Hi.

I bet this topic has been on alot times before.

The Votekick function is a fail. It appears most players press the Yes button just to mess or troll with ppl. You can see Idle time and Team dmg when the votekick has begin, but even if the idle time is at 0 and the team dmg less than 5%, the player who has a votekick against him, will most likely be kicked and banned from the current session.

This function needs to be remade… or removed. But I believe the reason why there’s a kick function is because some ppl trolls around and hit team players. But there are alot of other ways to get rid of those trolls. Not to mention team dmg and team kills is a part of the game…

Please consider to remove this function as fast as possible >,<

Best regards
    Newbie Prawler

• How then you’d deal with deliberate teamkillers, people who are AFK for half a match, insulting, cheating or teamhitting way too much?

• @Holy.Death:

How then you’d deal with deliberate teamkillers, people who are AFK for half a match, insulting, cheating or teamhitting way too much?

Yep. The admins can’t be there 24h a day.
    But yes it should be improved. But it’s not easy. The best thing was, if people would ask for a reason before they vote. That’s what I do. And if the kicker doesn’t say anything, the teamdamage is low enough and the Idle time isn’t too big, I vote No.
    No reason = no kick from me.

• @Holy.Death:

How then you’d deal with deliberate teamkillers, people who are AFK for half a match, insulting, cheating or teamhitting way too much?

Just as in any other game.

For example: If they kill 3 team mates - Kick and session ban.
    AFK: Kick
    Too much team dmg: Kick (and ban).

They have Idle timers and team dmg/kill count, so it’s not like the game can’t measure it.

This is not something I came up with just now. You can look at several other FPS online games and you’ll notice that this is the way it works.

If someone insults you, you have the option to mute him. Simple as that.

@ Peter van Parodin:

Too bad most ppl appears to not even look at why someone is getting a votekick :(

• I don’t see the option to mute someone in chat…

I think the votekick system is fine right now. The good it does justifies the bad. And yes, I have been arbitrarily votekicked a few times. I just console myself in knowing that it was probably time to go do something else, and that those people are sad.

If we removed it, Torn Banner would change the name to

Chivalry: Unrestricted Submarine Troll Warfare