Player age survey

• It feels to me like chivalry should attract quite a mature crowd, I’m curious if this is true….

• “Mature.” Haha. :)

• If you disregard the competitive scene, yeah.

• @b3h47pte:

“Mature.” Haha. :)

Haha. This is pretty much the reason for the poll. I’ve always thought of chivalry as the type of game that would appeal to older and veteran gamers, but a lot of in game and forum behaviour leads me to think otherwise!

• This is how I imagine the class breakdowns when I am on the battlefield.

• Since you seem to be referring to maturity and not actual age I chose my mental age <10.

• @dudeface:

This is how I imagine the class breakdowns when I am on the battlefield.

That is scary accurate…. I played maa as my main class for a long time as a 15 year old, then the patch came out that ruined maa right around my 16th birthday and now I’m probably going to switch classes.

• Look at that nice bell curve forming! But it makes sense. Most players I know are between 20-26. Then a few teenagers.

• @ChuckingIt:

Look at that nice bell curve forming! But it makes sense. Most players I know are between 20-26. Then a few teenagers.

The bell curve is identifying the target market for violent/competitive videogames. Who would have guessed that males between ages 18-35 will make up the vast majority of the hardcore gamers?

Only every marketing agency out there.

Now, mind you, this is a survey of the Chivalry players on the forums. Older or younger players might be less likely to come take a survey here.

Still, I would imagine far more of the forum goers are 18-24 because these are the people with enough money to have a decent computer and enough free time to piss it away watching videos on how to get that parry in at just the right moment.

• Interesting how many underagers are on here, the game is 18+ is it not?… ;)

Also the poll options are a bit weird. I’m 25, so which bracket does that put me in? There’s two. :P

• @BobT36:

Interesting how many underagers are on here, the game is 18+ is it not?… ;)

Also the poll options are a bit weird. I’m 25, so which bracket does that put me in? There’s two. :P

Well it should be considered, that those who have voted 15-20 could eventually all be between 18-20. I personally think the vote brackets are a tad off seeing as 18 is the legal age in a lot of countries. Would be nice to have it with 15-18, 18-21 and so on.

4 players potentially below 18? I think that’s a pretty good score!

• @StillAlive:

@BobT36:

Well it should be considered, that those who have voted 15-20 could eventually all be between 18-20. I personally think the vote brackets are a tad off seeing as 18 is the legal age in a lot of countries. Would be nice to have it with 15-18, 18-21 and so on.

4 players potentially below 18? I think that’s a pretty good score!

Yeah, I didn’t really think the age brackets through… :(

• I’ve always figured you were all young whippersnappers. But I’m a very young whippersnapper. 15-20 for me. Lower end of the spectrum. I’ve always wondered about the age demographic here too.

• This poll isn’t very accurate, how many casual gamers actually come to the chiv forums to discuss game mechanics and such? I’d bet that a whole bunch of the new players from the sale are younger than the average in this poll.

• if your 20 you can be 15-20 or 20-25 lol, well the VG thing was spot on for me

• Well at least some people are older than me.

• 5% 10 years old

Heheheheheh

• The bell curve is identifying the target market for violent/competitive videogames. Who would have guessed that males between ages 18-35 will make up the vast majority of the hardcore gamers?

This Poll should be called:

Player Age survey for players that visit the forums.

Then it would be gold.

As for the ages 18-35 that is possibly because a large portion of use older gamers started gaming back when games where only just really starting to advance beyond pong. We are the true vanguards of gaming and brought gaming to where it is today. Worship us. ;)

• @BobT36:

America doesn’t enforce game classifications by law.

Which defeats the purpose of having them.

• @Harry:

@b3h47pte:

“Mature.” Haha. :)

Haha. This is pretty much the reason for the poll. I’ve always thought of chivalry as the type of game that would appeal to older and veteran gamers, but a lot of in game and forum behaviour leads me to think otherwise!

I don’t know why I consider myself to be an older gamer, even though I’m pretty young (in the 21-25 group). Probably because I officially started gaming hardcore when I was 7, lol. Quake was the starter.