FPS decrease since Beta patch 2

• Hi I have withnessed approx 15 - 25 FPS decrease on all Team Objective maps.
    Before I had 40 to 60 FPS, now I have 20 to 40 FPS (average).

CPU and GPU usage:s have NOT changed, but the fps have.
    As you can see from my screenshot, CPU GPU memory nothing is bottlenecking but patch broke something. I am unable to livestream so well anymore due to performance decrease.

Screenshot: http://imageshack.us/a/img411/9990/performanceu.png

System Specs:
    Phenom II X4 810 @ 2.8Ghz
    12 GB DDR3 1333
    GFX 560 Ti … tested with drivers 306.02 and 306.23 (latest)

Feels like more people = more FPS drop… on empty servers I have normal 62 fps.
    So did you guys add some stress for the “rendering thread” or what’s changed?

Edit: P.S. Have anyone else noticed similar change?

• I have the same problem. I think It’s because they changed something with the texture, they might have messed something on the way.

• i’ve noticed this as well, specifically on battlegrounds

• Developer

Your settings might have been changed with the patch. Please reset your settings to low, save and then exit the game. Restart it and let me know if your settings have stay and if the problem is fixed.

• my settings are the same and i(everyone on the german team objective server) are having HUGE lag spikes making it almost noneplayable

• @Tibberius:

Your settings might have been changed with the patch. Please reset your settings to low, save and then exit the game. Restart it and let me know if your settings have stay and if the problem is fixed.

Tested with full server, lowest graphics: steady avg 42 fps.
    Highest graphics avg 39 fps.

My GPU usage is usually 50% to 80% in use so its not about my graphic settings =)
    But with lowest graphic settings my GPU was about 30% usage =)

• But I think my FPS is more steady after doing that, I will do some more testing… will report later.

• Tested for a while with streaming on / off, still the fps is about 15 FPS lower than in previous beta patch 1.1. The game is well playable for me when I am not streaming, so its not a problem, but it still makes me thinking what could’v caused this.

• If you just create a game on Battlegrounds (locally via the Create Game button) and spawn on the Agatha side what is your FPS?
    In that situation I’m getting around 50FPS on a GT540M. With players in the game I get around 40FPS.
    Can you type ‘stat unit’ into the console too and let us know what those numbers are.

Also, the only thing we changed about texture settings is that they actually set properly now. So if you set it on low then it actually goes to low texture settings. Everything kept on being high before.

• @b3h47pte:

Can you type ‘stat unit’ into the console too and let us know what those numbers are.

## No bots ##

40 FPS

Frame 24ms
    Game ~7,8ms
    Draw  24ms
    GPU  24ms

## 16 bots ##

35 FPS

Frame    30ms
    Game     20ms
    Draw      30ms
    GPU       30ms

## 30 players EU ##

33 FPS

Frame 29ms
    Game 14ms
    Draw  29ms
    GPU  29ms

## 30 players EU *looking to ground* ##

61 FPS

Frame 16ms
    Game 12ms
    Draw	  4ms
    GPU  10ms

While playing a little on stoneshill, seems like that Draw ms is the one pulling the whole line up.
    When Draw ms = low then the numbers are different, but as the draw ms catches up the other ms values the all values copy the draw ms value. = symmetrical values.

We can conclude that Drawing thread is the bottleneck?
    My cores run @ 2.8 Ghz so can we conclude that Drawing thread needs more clock cycles to draw all on time ?

EDIT this is all on HIGHEST graphics settings.

• Battlegrounds Lowest graphic settings 16bots

50 fps ~ unstable

Frame 19ms
    Game 16 ms
    Draw 19 ms
    GPU 16ms

• I’m assuming in your lowest graphic settings you set your detail mode to low too right?

• Sorry, forget all what I said about draw thread.
    The framerate has always been limited at the agathian spawn on battlegrounds.

But the current problem is the frame rate drop on normal combat situation.
    Like this one: http://imageshack.us/a/img838/29/performance2.png

There the bottleneck seems to be the “Game”.

EDIT yes the detail was at “Low” setting too.

• Hm interesting . Game thread. I will look into it thank you
    Is that with bots? Or players.

• It was on approx 20 player EU server.

Could it be related to the issue of “lack of physic hitbox on just died bodies” on beta patch 2 … Maybe physics glitch causing it with ragdolls? … Who am I kidding, I dont know, i am just shooting ideas sorry :D

• since the second patch ive noticed an increase in fps and all around smoother gameplay

• Hey can you try something,

If you go into My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini, can you search for
    MinCompressedDurationGame and set that to a number like 3. Let us know if that improves performance.

• @b3h47pte:

Hey can you try something,

If you go into UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini, can you search for
    MinCompressedDurationGame and set that to a number like 3. Let us know if that improves performance.

No performance increase here. I only get noteworthy FPS dips on the castle side of the river on Battlegrounds, though.

• Did you play in a local game or in a server with a bunch of people in it.

• What level are you all getting this in? Battlegrounds has some known issues that are being worked on.