CONTROLS FOR LEFT HANDED PLAYERS PLS FIX

• i have notice several other post on numpad key bindings being an issue , and as of yet it seems to be unfixed…the posts were from almost 6 months ago so it boggle me as to why this has not been done…
    key binding has got to be one of the easier elements of programming…so i am unsure why this has not been more of a priority…i had begun to advertise this game to my friends until another left handed gamer buddy of mine had the same issue…i even know some right handed gamer who use a modular numpad that prefer geometrically aligned keys rather than the god awful staggered WASD…

i would love to be able to get into this game more,aswell as recruit a few friends… but using the arrow keys and surrounding other keys is a great hindrance … any reply from a DEV would be greatly appreciated, as the other threats had no reply from anyone from the team…

thank you for your time

• Couldn’t you already just go to the keybind config and change the controls to be more left handed oriented like you want

• the problem is you cant bind numpad keys, which are geometrically aligned, alot of right handed gamers not interested in staggered keys either… not to mention the fact for the last 10 years me and proly at least 15-20% of gamers have gotten used to numpad style of keys… because 98% of games out there support numpad binding… its a huge oversight team banner obviously wishes to not address…

• IJKL have the same layout as WASD, what is the problem there?

• as my previous post states. and incase you missed it ( 4 times ive said it now ) in the other bug list thread u replied to me on…the problem is you cant bind numpad keys, which are geometrically aligned, alot of right handed gamers not interested in staggered keys either so they use a modular keyboard or a numpad only peripheral like an orbit etc…… not to mention the fact for the last 10 years me and proly at least 15-20% of gamers have gotten used to numpad style of keys… because 98% of games out there support numpad binding… its a huge oversight team banner obviously wishes to not address…

• Grade A spammer.

And 15-20%. Bullshit.

99% of people I assure you use WASD. And yes. Even left handers who use the mouse in their right hand.

• Wow your a narrow minded troll, i wasn’t asking for insults or opinions on what YOU think people use as a control setup… 10-15% of people in the world are left handed “FACT”… not even sure how a your statement of a left handed person using a mouse in there right hand even pertains to this thread…
    i am a left handed person who uses my mouse in my left hand becuase my right hand has carpal tunnel and the numpad fits alot more comfy without having pain because the keys aren’t staggered and having yuor hand at a weird angle…i am just trying to bring up the fact there theres a huge portion of people who are left handed and prefer to use the numpad… i even know right handed mousers who prefer the numpad to the WASD… that is why there is a market for modular keyboards… if you would do a little research instead of flaming other peoples threads it might do you some good…
    i cant even tell you the last FPS i tried that DID NOT have support to bind numpad so this is my frusteration…

• I’ve come across plenty of lefties, almost all of them used the IJKL setup. Few used the number pad. The reason is because the Numberpad has less keys available around it compared to IJKL (remember weapon switching and whatnot).

However, you are right in that TB should really have the numberpad available for binding.
    Can you do it via changing it directly in the .ini file?

• Numpad isn’t available to be bound for you guys? I only play with Numpad for every game and Chiv is no different, I use numpad 8,5,4,6 to move fwd,back,left, right, numpad 7 to feint, numpad enter to sprint, numpad + to kick, etc etc. What I’m trying to say is I haven’t had a single issue binding any numpad key.

• @brainwafer:

Wow your a narrow minded troll, i wasn’t asking for insults or opinions on what YOU think people use as a control setup… 10-15% of people in the world are left handed “FACT”… not even sure how a your statement of a left handed person using a mouse in there right hand even pertains to this thread…
    i am a left handed person who uses my mouse in my left hand becuase my right hand has carpal tunnel and the numpad fits alot more comfy without having pain because the keys aren’t staggered and having yuor hand at a weird angle…i am just trying to bring up the fact there theres a huge portion of people who are left handed and prefer to use the numpad… i even know right handed mousers who prefer the numpad to the WASD… that is why there is a market for modular keyboards… if you would do a little research instead of flaming other peoples threads it might do you some good…
    i cant even tell you the last FPS i tried that DID NOT have support to bind numpad so this is my frusteration…

10% of people in he world are left handed. That’s a fact. Not 15-20%. And you posted this in multiple places which is spamming and nobody likes a spammer.

And nobody knows what a troll is anymore these days. Its just a word to most people. Like an 8 year old swearing but not knowing what it actually means.

And yeah the numpad is working fine for me everything binds to it.

And what toll suggested is what people do after I “researched”.