Recent Patch is alright.

• I’m posting this because not a lot of people post thank-you threads anymore.

This patch may not be perfect, in fact, there are still quite a few bugs but the balancing and fixing are at least showing that TB going in the right direction. Now when i enter classic duel servers I see a lot more variation in weaponry instead of the regular overuse of swords. Ignore the whiners and those with their SoWmod, err, i mean promod. Keep the game balanced and keep squashing those bugs!

Also, THANKYOU for battleaxe buff been waiting for that since the beta of this game.

• I agree!

• One thing I don’t like about the patch is some weapons got over buffed.

• Which ones?

EDIT: Yeah claymore but I don’t even count that as a weapon anymore.

• yeah, what weapons? Im actually suprised how balanced things are right now! Even in pre CU1 some weapons were too OP (like halberd) or too nerfed (like battleaxe, that crap was worthless :D ).

• The only variation you see in weaponry for duel servers is whichever weapon MaAs or archers feel like using.

• @SOC:

The only variation you see in weaponry for duel servers is whichever weapon MaAs or archers feel like using.

How about polehammers, spears, brandis, halberds, heavy blunts, 2 handed axes, and messers along with the knight swords.

• I think its funny all the immediate rage 5 minutes into release.

Some people do not like change.

Then it has mostly subsided except for maybe combo-feint.

• @gregcau:

I think its funny all the immediate range 5 minutes into release.

Well MAA is still in a terrible place :P

I’m just not very worried about it since everyone already knows this.

• @BB:

Well, the fire pots are better… so they can still support very well. Just not as good in team melee.

I’d imagine if the flinch bug was fixed, it would help a lot.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@BB:

Well, the fire pots are better…

Haha I could care less about how viable firepots are. Like Van is defined by his smokepots or something too?

• I know… I’m just trying to be optimistic =/

• I agree most people do not give it a chance, I only liked it because I sunk a ton of time on it in the beta version. I still would like to see combo feint parry back. Fix all projectile speed (too fast after fps fix), brandi slash nerf, claymore needs to be redone because of animation desync, slight flail buff, fix shortbow bodkin and broadhead damage mix up.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I know… I’m just trying to be optimistic =/

It made firepots much more fun and tactical. We need more things like that.

• @gregcau:

I think its funny all the immediate rage 5 minutes into release.

Combo feint fix was the best part of the patch.

• @scy22:

@gregcau:

I think its funny all the immediate rage 5 minutes into release.

Combo feint fix was the best part of the patch.

go away forever

• @Knil:

I agree most people do not give it a chance, I only liked it because I sunk a ton of time on it in the beta version. I still would like to see combo feint parry back. Fix all projectile speed (too fast after fps fix), brandi slash nerf, claymore needs to be redone because of animation desync, slight flail buff, fix shortbow bodkin and broadhead damage mix up.

I agree with this completely. Also, after that team practice I played with Vq on sunday, I think, I realize that competitive play is soooo fun now because now teamwork is actually really important because now it’s more difficult to take on multiple enemies by yourself because of the CFtP nerf. I don’t totally agree with the CFtP nerf but I think in the pro mod we should do something different to make teamwork more important. The LS and SOW nerfs are perfect too, the nerfs barely hurt you in team play but it’s just enough to bring it down from pre patch to balanced.

• I tried some MAA LTS today. I did ok. It’s just you have to finish opponents quick otherwise some jerk-off will always have a big weapon and come up behind you. Other than that I’m not seeing any real problem w/ MAA (besides maybe Broadsword riposte but that’s another topic already on here).

• I’m not having much trouble with MaA honestly. I was of the opinion they would be underpowered this patch (which is why I initially proposed a much larger mobility buff for them which was toned down), but really… other than the bug with being unable to dodge after being flinched in windup, I’m not finding myself disadvantaged that much by the dodge change. I never was one for dodge spamming though.

• @SlyGoat:

I’m not having much trouble with MaA honestly. I was of the opinion they would be underpowered this patch (which is why I initially proposed a much larger mobility buff for them which was toned down), but really… other than the bug with being unable to dodge after being flinched in windup, I’m not finding myself disadvantaged that much by the dodge change. I never was one for dodge spamming though.

MAA is balanced for the most part. He’s just balanced terribly. The patch buffed his effectiveness in 1v1 and nerfed his group combat ability.

At what point does super easy 1v1s and nearly impossible group play become fun?

This is why I’ve been using words like “terrible” instead of “underpowered”.