A review from an old gaming veteran and noob after 3 days

• Hello Chivalry community, hello dear developers.
    I am a 37 year old german gaming veteran. I play games since 1985 alias the 8 Bit Era and i played FPS Games like Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Half Life etc. in the pre-professional/pre-esport frame from 1998 to 2003 where I belonged to the best European Unreal/UT-Deathmatch and CTF players (some of you may know mortal teamwork alias mTW, it’s an esport clan since 2003) and retired after the win of the DECL CTF Cup 2003.
    I play a lot, I play for more than 28 years computer games, I would call myself a gaming “nerd” (~230 steam games may be a hint, that I am a bit crazy for games ;) )
    Furthermore, my idols were and still are Dennis Rodman and Michael Jordan, not just because of their basketball skills but because of their competetive nature, their unbounded ambition.
    Like they did, I hate losing, too. I always want to win, I take all games seriously, I play for the objectives and I want to get better in every game I play.

"Okay bro, BUT…Who gives a f*ck" you think? :D
    I wanted to introduce me with my gaming history because I am a competetive player “above” the “average Joe” and I do not belong to the “casual” gamers. I won#t start to whine immediatly after I got killed but try to learn, adapt and make less mistakes the next sessions.
    You should “use” this info to judge my review upon that and put my review in perspectice. I want your feedback and your criticism.

So, Chivalry was on the steam weekend sale and i blindly grabbed it, I did not know anything about this game. I read it is “a medieval fast paced FPS Slasher” with a 79 metascore…and less than 8 Euro? Okay, I buy this, let’s try this!

So I installed this stuff.
    The first action was…playing the tutorial. The tutorial is really good, it taught me the basics of the offensive and defensive manouvers, it gave me an impression about the classes and the

!
    ! >! two fights against NPCs when you leave the Combat Training Area and Class Info Area vice versa allowed me to use the just learned actions, that was a great idea. As a matter of fact it was one of the better tutorials I played in years.
    !
    ! Of course, I had to play a game after this, so I seleceted the Vanguard (Two Hand weapons all the way!), joined a Team Objective Server and…what is this I don’t even…after my LMB attack I slashed a guy and got my first kill within the first attack, wohoooo…! :D After that, I got my ass kicked, I got stabbed and cut and kicked and decapitated like Barbarian (C64)…I got owned, but it was still fun.
    !
    ! After the first matches, I got this lesson: I can NOT play this like UT, Quake 3 or Half Life Deathmatch… running and screaming with left mouse button spam into 4 enemies will let me rest in pieces and only get more team kills than enemy kills.
    ! So, to help other noobs, the first steps to not get your ass wiped the floor with:
    ! - be patient
    ! - use blocks
    ! - “work” for your kills
    ! - use blocks

! - don’t play Conan and jump into 2-3 enemies unless you have a great position (surprise attack)
    ! - use blocks!
    ! - learn to turn around fast! I was facing 2 enemies, I stabbed the first (hit, did not kill him), than jumped and turned around about 110 degrees and was “blind” blocking with RMB as I was sure the other guy would have a swing on me…and I had luck and good timing, I blocked his attack and started to backpedal, blocked his next attack but then got killed by the first guy who pulled a good move and waited for my second block. I am sure, better and experienced players would have found a way to kill both dudes, but hey, it showed me that my movement and my skill allow me “uncommon” tactics and maybe I will slice and dice them in the same situation when I got more used to the manouvers.
    ! This means, learn how to move, to dodge, to jump. And block :)
    ! - learn to time your attacks and learn when to play defensivly. RMB spam will get you killed. Level 20+ players will block most of your leap-storm-attacks (don’t recall the correct name, I mean the LMB after you are running some seconds and making a long, straigt forward power attack)
    ! - flank enemies, it will get you “cheap” but easy kills or at least an assist
    !
    ! I am rank 9 now after these 3 days and have still problems to get a ratio of 1.0. I have more often maps/rounds with more deaths than kills…BUT I play for the Objective on Team Objetive maps…most players just seem to play deathmatch.
    !
    ! This will lead me to the points I dislike in Chivalry:
    !
    ! - unlocking the weapons is bound to kills, right? So why even play for objectives instead of kills? There seems to be no benefit, just higher score. :?
    ! C:MW is all about the number of my kills according to the unlock-progress? Am I wrong here? If I am correct, this mechanic is inferior to let’s say battlefield 3 where you gain XP due to your overall score. You may be on the top of the leaderboard even with many deaths!
    ! As a supporter/assault on metro I can have 7 kills and 35 deaths in battlefield 3 but still get tons of xp and level up (hence the “meat grind” formerly known as metro 64 player).
    ! - the lack of info…. It is not clear WITHIN the game when I will unlock a weapon. There is no tooltip, I just don’t understand the logic behind it. I am sure the wiki will help, but these information needs to be transparent.
    ! - the “level 0” bug is annoying
    ! - are the weapons I will get with higher ranks/kills “better” than the starter weapons?
    ! If so, it is a huge imbalance. I understand, I saw and I had to learn by many deaths that the rank 30+ and rank 40+ players are quite more experienced, but they will lead and win EVERY Map.
    ! Coincedence? When it is just skill, I can live with that and want to adapt/get better, but World of Warcraft showed what happens, when only the heavy grind provides the best items, it frustrates players. Team Fortess 2 provides all classes with the same weapon-starter-kit. The unlocks just allow different playstyles. You trade a benefit of a weapon for a disadvantage, this is balance.
    !
    ! I am only 72 hours in this game, so I may be incorrect here, I want to have feedback on this and ask again:
    ! Are the weapons all similiar balanced? Are the “higher rank” weapons just additions like in TF2 to allow other attack tactics/styles or are they significant better statswise?
    ! What weapons use rank 30-40-50 player? The “starter” weapons?
    ! Getting slain by higer tier ewapons might be frstration for casuals as they fear the grind.
    ! - I miss a “combat log”….I sometimes don’t comprehend or undertand what killed me and/or how…
    ! - I miss a review cam! In my last game I was sure I blocked that Polearm Dude, but he killed me…Why? And how?? It would be nice to re-watch this so I can learn what mistakes I made, how my enemies moved, how they swing, how was the position etc.
    ! - The Archers…well…it is a difficult topic. In every, really every FPS game, snipers are usually hated. The first LAN/Online Shooters that provided “sniping” were Quake (Railgun), Outlaws (hence the rifle), Unreal (asmd primary attack), Half Life (Cross Bow)…that was back in 1996, 1997 and 1998.
    ! Good snipers could dominate and shut down a map/a team. In my former 1on1 days, a 1on1 was usually controlled by the better sniper… You have 8-10 weapons, but railing/sniping someone was an instant kill, at least when you made the headshot.
    ! But FPS Shooters meant you usually have an arsenal of stuff that shoots…
    !
    ! C_MW is another story…3/4 of the classes are infight/melee classes (yes, with the third slot of burning oil or throwing Knives/axes, but this is for med-close distances)
    ! Today I had server where 50 % of the Players had archers. It is so annoying, I can’t find words. Chivalry is about man-man and men-men infights, I thought. After over 16 years in FPS games, I just cant stand the sniping anymore. Might be my personal problem here. Means, that is or MIGHT not a “game problem” or “technical flaw”. In the medieval times there were Archers, they belong here. I get that. But limiting snipers (some servers do that) to 4 per side on 32 player servers is such a different game and less pain in the ass. The chats usually second that, Archer dominated games just piss everyone off. We want to FIGHT. Sniping is not fighting.
    ! If YOU are an Archer for live, please don’t feel offended. They belong to the game, so a debate is pointless and the joke is on me. I just hope you understand what I tried to express.
    ! What makes me wanna burn down my neighbours are especially the archers on the attacking team who won’t support the push-group and/or won’t kill enemy archers but camp near the spawn are and spam arrows. Everytiem this happesn a kitten dies, believe me. :x
    ! So, limiting Archers could be the best choice.
    !
    ! What I like in C:MW:
    ! - well, everything else!!! :) This game is great, immersive, bloody…. after a long day at work it is soooooooooooooooooo satisfying to chop skulls, to run around screaming and fight with your team or against the foes. I have not had so much fun in a game for a long long time, really.
    ! And i hope that this counts as it is from an old fart of 37 years who played literally hundreds and thousands of games since 1985.
    !
    ! After all, C:MW is easy to learn! This is good, every Noobie can jump into the action and get a kill or two.
    ! But it is hard to master. LMB is the first choice in the first hour and with every hour I play it is degraded to an “option” I have…depending on my position, the enemys movement and so on.
    ! Fighting against the high ranked dudes, watching their movement, their timing of attacks and blocks, their positioning shows me I have to learn a lot. Oh yeah…
    ! But this is one of the few games where even dying makes you smile…and the next spawn I think, ok, buddy, I will find you (of course not when I play for the objective 8-) ) and get my revenge…
    ! this is not blasphemy…this is not madness…THIS…IS CHIVALRY!!!
    !
    ! Thanks for this great game TORN BANNER, thanks for a great ingame community (so far) for answering my questions. Hope to play with ya on the battlefields soon.
    !
    ! If you fell asleep while reading this I will be a sad Panda :|
    ! And excuse my grammar and/or Syntax please…english is not my native language.
    ! Andreas alias Mr.PayDay

• So what is your take on the lack of female models in the class choices?

• The women have their duties in that time…getting laid, bringing sth to eat and beer, mate.
    Beside that, femals would just distract…didnt you play age of conan? ;)

• @Mr.PayDay:

The women have their duties in that time…getting laid, bringing sth to eat and beer, mate.

no but I played Aion and it was bliss, lots of hot girls I met on Skype, sigh those were the days…

• @gregcau:

@Mr.PayDay:

The women have their duties in that time…getting laid, bringing sth to eat and beer, mate.

no but I played Aion and it was bliss, lots of hot girls I met on Skype, sigh those were the days…

To stay offtopic, women/girls like that comic stuff. My last wow guild had more female than male members…(yes, members, not chars)

Does this forum even have female users who play chivalry?

• @Mr.PayDay:

Does this forum even have female users who play chivalry?

There are, but they are in disguise as man-at-arms or pole-wielding with beards.

So it is hard to identify them.

• There are a few probably. The only ones I know of are Kimi and Meow but I’m sure there are more :p

• @b3h47pte:

There are a few probably. The only ones I know of are Kimi and Meow but I’m sure there are more :p

I met a mister and misses xxxxx one time. She killed me and I said “how embarrassing, killed by a girl”.

She laughed.

I guess I am easily amused.

Anyway I am sure 20% are girls who do not want MMO style people like me flirting with them.

Though I exaggerate, I am actually a gentleman but I like making fun of myself.

• This is a fantastic review, PayDay!
    I really enjoyed reading this post, your feedback was unbiased, interesting and thorough.

I especially like what you said about the weapon unlock system as I believe you make a very valid point.
    I remember playing Battlefield 3 as a medic and would more often then not come out on the top of the score board, despite only getting one or two kills.

Lot of good stuff in your review, I really appreciate you taking the time to write this out.
    I look forward to fighting a most honorable veteran such as your self.

Also, Welcome to the forums!
    Cheers! :cheers:

• Weapon unlocks are not flat out better. They are supposed to be alternatives for different situations or play-styles.

The unlock system could be better, but it is more of an incencitive to try out all the weapons, why I think its simplicity is not that big of a deal. The grind for weapons is certainly not the end goal anyways, unlocks will only concern you at the beginning. Most of the time, you will not be playing for unlocks, and pretty much also not for rank-ups, just for plain fun.

If Archers annoy you, every server has an option to limit or forbid them. You can just look out for those servers. Also, I sense a slight Archer nerf incoming in the future - the class as a whole got buffed recently due to a bug fix.

Review cam: Sure, why not. As long as it doenst screw up the game optimization. A possible downside would be people watching those reviews too long not getting back to the action fast enough. Imagine losing an objective because your team watched the killcam instead of pushing out.

• A true pleasure to read this review! If every newcomer had this sort of mentality I’m quite sure our playerbase would be three or four times as big!

As to what you said about weapons:
    No, the high-tier weapons are not better than the others. They all have different purposes, pros and cons so it’s just about finding out what suits your playstyle individually. A good example of this would be the Man at Arms’ choice of weaponry. Quite many of them use the standard tier-3 Broadsword simply cause it fits them best.
    So no worries, weaponry is just a matter of choice!

• great review and the weapons are not vertical upgrades, more like sideways options giving you more flexibility to switch your loadout between spawns. i often use the starting weapons on vanguard for example

• I don’t usually read long posts, but this time i did and enjoyed it :)

• @Mr.PayDay:

Hello Chivalry community, hello dear developers.
    I am a 37 year old german gaming veteran. I play games since 1985 alias the 8 Bit Era and i played FPS Games like Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Quake 3, Half Life etc. in the pre-professional/pre-esport frame from 1998 to 2003 where I belonged to the best European Unreal/UT-Deathmatch and CTF players (some of you may know mortal teamwork alias mTW, it’s an esport clan since 2003) and retired after the win of the DECL CTF Cup 2003.
    I play a lot, I play for more than 28 years computer games, I would call myself a gaming “nerd” (~230 steam games may be a hint, that I am a bit crazy for games ;) )
    Furthermore, my idols were and still are Dennis Rodman and Michael Jordan, not just because of their basketball skills but because of their competetive nature, their unbounded ambition.
    Like they did, I hate losing, too. I always want to win, I take all games seriously, I play for the objectives and I want to get better in every game I play.
    "Okay bro, BUT…Who gives a f*ck" you think? :D
    I wanted to introduce me with my gaming history because I am a competetive player “above” the “average Joe” and I do not belong to the “casual” gamers. I won#t start to whine immediatly after I got killed but try to learn, adapt and make less mistakes the next sessions.
    You should “use” this info to judge my review upon that and put my review in perspectice. I want your feedback and your criticism.

Are you interested in cmw comp scene? :P

@Mr.PayDay:

So, Chivalry was on the steam weekend sale and i blindly grabbed it, I did not know anything about this game. I read it is “a medieval fast paced FPS Slasher” with a 79 metascore…and less than 8 Euro? Okay, I buy this, let’s try this!
    So I installed this stuff.
    The first action was…playing the tutorial. The tutorial is really good, it taught me the basics of the offensive and defensive manouvers, it gave me an impression about the classes and the

!
    ! >! two fights against NPCs when you leave the Combat Training Area and Class Info Area vice versa allowed me to use the just learned actions, that was a great idea. As a matter of fact it was one of the better tutorials I played in years.
    ! When i played it in beta it was buggy as hell. Great to hear that it is good now.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > Of course, I had to play a game after this, so I seleceted the Vanguard (Two Hand weapons all the way!), joined a Team Objective Server and…what is this I don’t even…after my LMB attack I slashed a guy and got my first kill within the first attack, wohoooo…! :D After that, I got my ass kicked, I got stabbed and cut and kicked and decapitated like Barbarian (C64)…I got owned, but it was still fun.
    !
    ! That is completely normal.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > I was facing 2 enemies, I stabbed the first (hit, did not kill him), than jumped and turned around about 110 degrees and was “blind” blocking with RMB as I was sure the other guy would have a swing on me…and I had luck and good timing, I blocked his attack and started to backpedal, blocked his next attack but then got killed by the first guy who pulled a good move and waited for my second block. I am sure, better and experienced players would have found a way to kill both dudes, but hey, it showed me that my movement and my skill allow me “uncommon” tactics and maybe I will slice and dice them in the same situation when I got more used to the manouvers.
    !
    ! It depends on your skill+weapon and on the skill+weapons of the enemies. It is more difficult now to fight multiple enemies but still possible.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > - flank enemies, it will get you “cheap” but easy kills or at least an assist
    !
    ! kill is kill
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > I am rank 9 now after these 3 days and have still problems to get a ratio of 1.0. I have more often maps/rounds with more deaths than kills…BUT I play for the Objective on Team Objetive maps…most players just seem to play deathmatch.
    !
    ! Especially on big servers the whole fight cant take place at the objective. But yeah sometimes it is just tdm.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > This will lead me to the points I dislike in Chivalry:
    ! > - unlocking the weapons is bound to kills, right? So why even play for objectives instead of kills? There seems to be no benefit, just higher score. :?
    ! > C:MW is all about the number of my kills according to the unlock-progress? Am I wrong here? If I am correct, this mechanic is inferior to let’s say battlefield 3 where you gain XP due to your overall score. You may be on the top of the leaderboard even with many deaths!
    ! > As a supporter/assault on metro I can have 7 kills and 35 deaths in battlefield 3 but still get tons of xp and level up (hence the “meat grind” formerly known as metro 64 player).
    !
    ! I always play the objectives because it is fun and i want to win the match. That cant hinder me to get the most kills and a great kd.
    ! You unlock weapons with kills, yes. You wont think about weapon unlocks later in the game because you unlock everything very fast. The game just wants to force you to try out every weapon. You can be on top of the leaderbord with your score and 0kills but you rank up with kills because the rank is just an indicator for the kills you got in the game.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > - the lack of info…. It is not clear WITHIN the game when I will unlock a weapon. There is no tooltip, I just don’t understand the logic behind it. I am sure the wiki will help, but these information needs to be transparent.
    ! > - the “level 0” bug is annoying
    ! > - are the weapons I will get with higher ranks/kills “better” than the starter weapons?
    ! > If so, it is a huge imbalance. I understand, I saw and I had to learn by many deaths that the rank 30+ and rank 40+ players are quite more experienced, but they will lead and win EVERY Map.
    ! > Coincedence? When it is just skill, I can live with that and want to adapt/get better, but World of Warcraft showed what happens, when only the heavy grind provides the best items, it frustrates players. Team Fortess 2 provides all classes with the same weapon-starter-kit. The unlocks just allow different playstyles. You trade a benefit of a weapon for a disadvantage, this is balance.
    !
    ! There isnt a tooltip because it isnt important when you unlock weapons. The bug is indeed annoying, the devs implement it from time to time to fix it later :D . No, the starter weapons are as good as unlockable weapons. It is more fair than in tf2 because you dont need to find the weapons or buy them, you unlock them with a few kills. I can lead and win every map with many weapons, i think it is just skill and you can learn that.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > What weapons use rank 30-40-50 player?
    !
    ! The good ones :D
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > - I miss a “combat log”….I sometimes don’t comprehend or undertand what killed me and/or how…
    ! > - I miss a review cam! In my last game I was sure I blocked that Polearm Dude, but he killed me…Why? And how?? It would be nice to re-watch this so I can learn what mistakes I made, how my enemies moved, how they swing, how was the position etc.
    !
    ! Yeah this isnt cod, you dont have much comfort. When someone gets through your parry you blocked 95% of the time wrong. Try to aim faster more the the left/right/top.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > - The Archers…well…it is a difficult topic. In every, really every FPS game, snipers are usually hated. The first LAN/Online Shooters that provided “sniping” were Quake (Railgun), Outlaws (hence the rifle), Unreal (asmd primary attack), Half Life (Cross Bow)…that was back in 1996, 1997 and 1998.
    ! > Good snipers could dominate and shut down a map/a team. In my former 1on1 days, a 1on1 was usually controlled by the better sniper… You have 8-10 weapons, but railing/sniping someone was an instant kill, at least when you made the headshot.
    ! > But FPS Shooters meant you usually have an arsenal of stuff that shoots…
    ! > C_MW is another story…3/4 of the classes are infight/melee classes (yes, with the third slot of burning oil or throwing Knives/axes, but this is for med-close distances)
    ! > Today I had server where 50 % of the Players had archers. It is so annoying, I can’t find words. Chivalry is about man-man and men-men infights, I thought. After over 16 years in FPS games, I just cant stand the sniping anymore. Might be my personal problem here. Means, that is or MIGHT not a “game problem” or “technical flaw”. In the medieval times there were Archers, they belong here. I get that. But limiting snipers (some servers do that) to 4 per side on 32 player servers is such a different game and less pain in the ass. The chats usually second that, Archer dominated games just piss everyone off. We want to FIGHT. Sniping is not fighting.
    ! > If YOU are an Archer for live, please don’t feel offended. They belong to the game, so a debate is pointless and the joke is on me. I just hope you understand what I tried to express.
    ! > What makes me wanna burn down my neighbours are especially the archers on the attacking team who won’t support the push-group and/or won’t kill enemy archers but camp near the spawn are and spam arrows. Everytiem this happesn a kitten dies, believe me. :x
    ! > So, limiting Archers could be the best choice.
    !
    ! Many clan servers have an archer limit. Every time new players come to the game because of a sell or a free weekend you see more archers. They think that it would be easy because they already played shooters. And it is actual pretty easy to be an archer because the got buffed too much.
    !
    ! @Mr.PayDay:
    !
    !
    ! > After all, C:MW is easy to learn! This is good, every Noobie can jump into the action and get a kill or two. But it is hard to master.
    !
    ! You got it. Welcome to the game and forum. See you on battlefield :D

• Yeah some of the public servers have certain class limits although it’s not usually obvious which ones do unless they have “NO F*IN ARCHER CTS” in their name or something.

I do know that the Scan.co.uk servers have archer limits. The limit is 3 per team on the 24 player Team Objective server. If you just open the server filter and put “scan” in the server name box they should pop up when you hit apply.

• Nice review.

You shouldn’t worry too much about the Archers, the projectile speeds (in general) will be lowered with the next patch from what I have heard.

And unlockable weapons are not better than standard weapons. There are a few exceptions, though, but these are not intentional and will be fixed sooner or later.

• Vanguard Polehammer seems to 2 shot kill everything including knights and that’s available from the start. Stab + overhead seems to be enough to guarantee death for anyone so long as you don’t hit the legs. ;) I personally think it might be slightly overpowered though.

• Archers are annoying. But only because you haven’t figured out the tell’s for when they will fire. Personally I can dodge 70% of projectiles thrown at me through a gut feeling alone when I have a decent connection (I average 120 ping on most servers due to bad location, and terrible Australian server technology). You charge and usually you can strafe at the last moment and make them miss. The throwback is that most of the time it takes 1-2 hits to kill an archer. Not much at all.

As for long range shots. Well the archer that can kill you in 1 hit from a long range deserves that kill. It takes a lot of skill to time your shots right on a melee fighter from a long distance without hitting your teammates.

The main issue with Archers is the siege crossbow. Most archery weapons take 2 hits at least to score a kill on the most heavily armored opponents, and that includes head shots, but the siege crossbow can one hit a knight most of the time, even from crazy distances. I’m saying this as a player who plays with the siege crossbow most of the time, so to lose it will actually take away my best asset, but it is a very powerful and somewhat silly weapon. The flipside to the siege crossbow is the long reload. But the reload is rarely an issue with you can duck behind cover while reloading, and the enemy meleer’s are simply to far away to get to you.

• @Mr.PayDay:

• unlocking the weapons is bound to kills, right? So why even play for objectives instead of kills? There seems to be no benefit, just higher score. :?
      C:MW is all about the number of my kills according to the unlock-progress? Am I wrong here? If I am correct, this mechanic is inferior to let’s say battlefield 3 where you gain XP due to your overall score. You may be on the top of the leaderboard even with many deaths!
      As a supporter/assault on metro I can have 7 kills and 35 deaths in battlefield 3 but still get tons of xp and level up (hence the “meat grind” formerly known as metro 64 player).
    • the lack of info…. It is not clear WITHIN the game when I will unlock a weapon. There is no tooltip, I just don’t understand the logic behind it. I am sure the wiki will help, but these information needs to be transparent.

First of all, thanks for your thorough feedback. It was a pleasure to read.

Addressing your complaint about weapon unlocks and TO objectives:
    It depends on your playstyle. A lot of people get a weapon they like and just stick with it for a long time, and unlock other weapons when they are bored. I still haven’t even unlocked all the weapons for all classes and I have played for nearly 500 hours. So it may be a short term problem, when people are starting out. I don’t feel like this is actually a problem that seriously affects the game overall, because in the end maybe only 1 or 2 people on your team might be doing this at any given time, and they’re still getting kills which helps your team.

Re: in game feedback about when you will unlock the weapon:
    The number over that weapon on the class selection screen is how many more kills you need before you unlock it. This isn’t really obvious I guess, but once you figure out that the number is required kills, it makes sense. Also, if you’re trying to unlock the third weapon in a set, you can use either the first or the second one, I believe.

• @AngryDave:

Vanguard Polehammer seems to 2 shot kill everything including knights and that’s available from the start. Stab + overhead seems to be enough to guarantee death for anyone so long as you don’t hit the legs. ;) I personally think it might be slightly overpowered though.

I think this weapon is bloody awesome. It plays like a longer Poleaxe, which tends to kill everything in an overhead+stab as well.