Looking at Team Damage the positive way….

• As a high lvl player, I try to mitigate as much TK/TD as much as possible. But, after my death averaged by more than %25 due teammates like VG sprint attacking into me, archers spamming arrows even without trying to avoid hitting me, oil-pot throwers, all the while them desperately trying the kill the enemy before my blow lands, etc. And so I’ve decided to play in their style.

In this style, I have eyes only for the enemy, so if a teammate is between me and the enemy, I would stab/slash through the teammate for a guarantee contact with the enemy. I discovered that this strategy significantly increased score average and increased K/D ratio, Kill count, etc. because I am able to kill sooner and be able to land blows I would not be able to do if I was “considerate”. Let’s look at the pros and cons of the tactic:

Cons:

• Teamkill reduces 10 points.
    • significant team damage reduces 5 points.
    • Your teammate might be mad (QQ)

Pros:

• Killing enemy increases 10 points
    • Significant enemy damage increases 5 points
    • Team Damage is reduce by 50%, so ideally you’ll gain 100% more points than you loose as long as you hit the enemy. Sounds like a good deal.
    • Nerd rage from teammates damaging you is quelled, since you are mutually doing it to them too.
    • Kill enemy faster when enemy doesn’t see the attack to parry.
    • Swing for guarantee contact, since stabs and overheads have higher chance of missing against “dancers”.
    • Enemies, even “one-man armies”, don’t anticipate you hitting through allies, thus they are unable to defend. Pros will be trying to block you with your allies….“holding them hostage?”… just use the hostage to your advantage. See an enemy that is better than you and tearing up your team? This is the easiest way to take him down.

Of course, as a cold killer, you’ll kill more enemies 1v1, and only employ this tactic when the opportunity shows up, thus your team damage % won’t be high enough to cause a KICK and your score will be too high for teammates to think otherwise (as long as you’re not in a low populated server.)

My score and my stats improve and I don’t feel so bad about being team killed anymore. My question is: Why am I rewarded handsomely playing this shady way and is TB going to do anything about?

• Christ, I must be the only player that actually changes the arc of my attacks when I’m in danger of hitting someone over hitting the enemy player.

• honestly I find it in pub TO as a minigame

minigame is to avoid TK from friendlies.

its a fun game, enjoy it

• Friendly damage must be reflective! End of story.

• There is a server option to reduce the amount of team damage given. You can go to zero.

• @lemonater47:

There is a server option to reduce the amount of team damage given. You can go to zero.

I wonder if you can set it negative

• @DokB:

Christ, I must be the only player that actually changes the arc of my attacks when I’m in danger of hitting someone over hitting the enemy player.

You are not. But I have to admit my Team Damage went up a tad with the recent change to feints.

Also, do not forget how other player´s recklessnes can cause you to do lots of team damage. You are fighting someone, and a teammate furiously rushes in to make the kill, coming from your blind side where your swing just started, or actually delivering a killing blow, then running through the dieing enemy while you are while you are already unable to cancel your attack originally directed at your now-dead foe.

Regarding the OP, I have to admit he is true about recklessnes countering good players. On good days, I manage to be that “one man army” sometimes and wreck havoc even among multiple opponents. However there have been plenty of times where I simply got killed by people attacking through their mates… and I always die “well, I did not expect that would happen”. Even though you should know better, who expects to get stabbed to death by a spear that got thrust through the person you were fighting, or a Vangard charge-attacking right into three of his mates? Often, you wont even be able to see this in time.
    Surely, you can use team damage to your advantage, but… well, since it is usually reduced by at least 50% and does not cause teammates to flinch, if you fight reckless people you can never be safe. You already need to take risks in those cases and be higly aggressive, if you cannot force your enemy to be more cautios that way there is hardly any chance you make it out alive.

TL;DR reckless fighting is actually a potent way to take down a skilled player

• Since the patch 40-50% (no joke) of the damage I receive come from my mates. But I think it’s good that teamdamage works the way it does, otherwise people would play even more mindless.

• You want even less mindless playing?

Why are you against reflective damage then? ;)

• All Interitus servers are 100% Team Damage. If you play like that here an admin will remove you.

• @Peacerer:

Friendly damage must be reflective! End of story.

I find reflective damage just retarded. The game can’t detect whos fault the team-damage was. So if i would like to troll you as your teammate i just run into all your swings, till you are dead and then maybe even vote-kick you.

Like everyone probably i happen to teamkill sometimes and it’s as good as always just an unlucky accident. I wouldn’t like to get punished for something that wasn’t avoidable.

@OldSpice:

In this style, I have eyes only for the enemy, so if a teammate is between me and the enemy, I would stab/slash through the teammate for a guarantee contact with the enemy.

In rare cases i do the same, but never just to get a bette score, but for tactical reasons. Example: while defending the King i totally would kill a teammate if i know it’s also going to kill the enemy as well. Teammate respawns right there a couple of seconds later, enemy has to walk half a minute. On the attacking side i also would teamkill if i know that i also will get an overhead at the king with the same strike. I always apologize and explain myself and most of them understand it.