A bearded axe trick?

• I was playing duels and [FF]King was owning me with some sort of weird timings. After he hit me with an overhead, the second overhead came almost instantly BUT the 2nd animation was the primary OH, it was not comboed! It basicly looked like the old superfast combo feinting. He said it’s not an exploit but a game mechanic. I know I may be acting like a crybaby but when weird stuff happens I ask questions…

• yeah he tends to do that

its completely fine tough, it takes a crapload of stamina, and yeah its normal combo feinting.

• @CRUSHED:

yeah he tends to do that

its completely fine tough, it takes a crapload of stamina, and yeah its normal combo feinting.

But… combo feinting like this was supposed to have been fixed. It’s exploiting.

And it doesn’t exactly take a ‘crapload of stamina’, it takes 20.

• @Bloodhead:

@CRUSHED:

yeah he tends to do that

If you dont think thats alot of stamina in a duel then idk

also Cool story bro

• It was never fixed.

• the windup is slow, but quick to begin with the bearded axe. if that makes any sense. it’s not an exploit, it’s just the way the weapon has always worked, and it’s easy as crap to block with some practice. just give it some time and effort and don’t give up! you’ll get it figured out. :D

• Sounds like what I saw someone was doing with the polehammer. Couldn’t figure out how he did 2 successive overheads that seemed to be at riposte speed. Was like there was no windup.

• @CRUSHED:

@Bloodhead:

If you dont think thats alot of stamina in a duel then idk

also Cool story bro

Of course it isn’t a lot of stamina. Feints cost 15 stamina (and did before the patch too), does that really discourage anyone from using them much? No.

• @AngryDave:

Sounds like what I saw someone was doing with the polehammer. Couldn’t figure out how he did 2 successive overheads that seemed to be at riposte speed. Was like there was no windup.

I was seeing this quite a bit with the polehammer, as well. Guy named “Bub Sagget”, a very skilled player, was absolutely wrecking with it. It was as if the windup on his overheads was gone. Very strange.

I’m definitely not crying “Exploit!”, I just can’t tell what is going on.

• There was never a “combo feint fix”
    You can do that extremly easily with bearded axe. Its faster than any 1h attack (or feels like since its 2h)
    It can be very surprising and deals heavy damage.
    Combined with draging and looking down its devastating. Unless you parry it.

Honestly, after this patch Ive seen many people dragging even more with alternative attacks and every kind of weapon. Dragging and looking down and whatever got stronger in this patch

• Ok, so after we all agreed that this is not an exploit I think nobody is gonna get mad if i say:

“Let´s all learn how to combo feint the shit out of everyone and call it a good game.”

Seriously, I´m gonna teach this to all my friends and spread the word about this awesome mechanic.

• @funthomass:

Ok, so after we all agreed that this is not an exploit I think nobody is gonna get mad if i say:

“Let´s all learn how to combo feint the shit out of everyone and call it a good game.”

Seriously, I´m gonna teach this to all my friends and spread the word about this awesome mechanic.

“X mechanic killed me omgerd!! so annoying!!!”

Mechanic gets removed, game gets simplified.

“i can’t beat Y mechanic either omgerd game is way 2 hard in current state!!”

Mechanic gets removed, chimpanzee slapping keyboard now viable competitor.

• sounds like an exploit to me, if u can eliminate sumthing that we are suposed to see.
    then yeah that is an exploit, plain and simple.
    and should be removed

• @WARSAW:

sounds like an exploit to me, if u can eliminate sumthing that we are suposed to see.
    then yeah that is an exploit, plain and simple.
    and should be removed

What is being eliminated?

• The term “exploit” is in a way subjective. In the end, what decides whether something is an “exploit” or not depends on whether the developers remove it or not. If they do nothing, then it is like a silent nod of encouragement, and it can be considered a mechanic or technique. If it’s removed or the developers state an intent to remove it, it was never meant to be and we should move on.

As of right now, the devs have done nothing to remove combo feints so we should just accept it.

The animation IS a bit weird. While I have never had any problems parrying it, I do understand the frustration of someone who has no clue of whats going on and pretty much have no way of knowing whats going on other than coming to the forums and seeing an explanation.

This trick is pretty much only this effective with the Bearded Axe because of its unique speeds. It costs quite a bit of Stamina to do. Only the lookdown is making it “faster,” all this does is cancel the Bearded Axe’s huge combo windup time to do another attack rather than waiting for that long animation.

While I essentially never play Knight or use the Bearded Axe myself, I kind of like that this exists and it makes the Bearded Axe a fairly unique weapon.

• @DemonicChocobo:

The term “exploit” is in a way subjective. In the end, what decides whether something is an “exploit” or not depends on whether the developers remove it or not. If they do nothing, then it is like a silent nod of encouragement, and it can be considered a mechanic or technique. If it’s removed or the developers state an intent to remove it, it was never meant to be and we should move on.

As of right now, the devs have done nothing to remove combo feints so we should just accept it.

The animation IS a bit weird. While I have never had any problems parrying it, I do understand the frustration of someone who has no clue of whats going on and pretty much have no way of knowing whats going on other than coming to the forums and seeing an explanation.

This trick is pretty much only this effective with the Bearded Axe because of its unique speeds. It costs quite a bit of Stamina to do. Only the lookdown is making it “faster,” all this does is cancel the Bearded Axe’s huge combo windup time to do another attack rather than waiting for that long animation.

While I essentially never play Knight or use the Bearded Axe myself, I kind of like that this exists and it makes the Bearded Axe a fairly unique weapon.

Again, I’m a bit confused why this is regarded as a serious problem, as I personally have very little problem in combating the bearded axe, and find it a particularly easy weapon to parry.

• There is nothing wierd about it, all he does is not combo. Its not rocket science.

• @CRUSHED:

There is nothing wierd about it, all he does is not combo. Its not rocket science.

I thought I was misunderstanding the argument. If people are seriously saying that being able to overhead, right click, then overhead with the same animation is a messed up mechanic… I mean… What the fuck, guys?

• See, while I agree with you guys that it isn’t a messed up mechanic, I think it’s unreasonable for you to expect someone to magically KNOW to do this.

I know it’s hard, but try to consider it from a different perspective.

Consider a player who doesn’t spend a lot of time on the forums, who doesn’t use the Bearded Axe frequently, who has never even considered feinting their combos.

This gets used on him.

How is he supposed to be able to comprehend what just happened?
    How is he supposed to know HOW it’s being done?
    Sure it’s easy to parry, but he is far too baffled to even think of that at the moment. And it keeps happening over and over and over and he just doesn’t understand.

He becomes fed up. He becomes frustrated. Which ultimately leads us here.

• It does sound like it shouldn’t work that. If we can’t see the animation, then it shouldn’t land a hit. I agree that it is not hard to block a bearded axe, but I have also seen people who constantly just combo feint with it. Sounds to me like an exploit.