If you consider renting a server in EU (for our new player)

• I advise you, do NOT get a multiplay server. They are horrendously laggy, have regular lagspikes/rubberbands very often and sometimes even downtimes. The european multiplay servers are the cancer of this game and sadly all official servers are hosted by multiplay, wich leads into alot of new players thinking that this game is a laggy and buggy POS and the gameplay experience is just horrible on these servers.

If you do not believe me, i dare you to join a official TO EU server and see for yourself. I just came out of a official duel server and it was horrendous.

Instead, get SimRai, pretty much all EU Clans use the hoster and we have zero problems with it, excellent pings (one guy has a 0-4 ping to my server), excellent and fast support and 99% lag free. They also come with a good price. The gameplay experience on these servers is so much better, you make everyone a favor.

• I don’t play a single US Multiplay server without a lagspike or lagkick either. Multiplay in and of itself is completely shit.

• I agree, SimRai is superior in both price and quality.

• As a clan we are in the process of trying out SimRai servers, having had numerous problems with Multiplay. So far I can only think of positive things to say about the package. The servers are fast and can be easily tinkered with. The customer support is second to none, not just in the server hosting world but out of any support I’ve ever received. The prices on offer can suit any budget too. I recommend SimRai servers to anyone who wants the stress taken out of server management.

• I’d also like to mention Blue Fang Solutions.
    They mostly host for the NA and SA region but also have one in Europe, Germany, Dusseldorf.
    I rented one in Dusseldorf and the server is one of the lowest pinged in the whole game for players in the European region. Their support is also pretty outstanding with really fast respond-time and efficient work.

As an example of price -> It costs 18 dollars for me to have a 24 player server. Wouldn’t call that bad at all.

I’ve also only heard good about SimRai servers so I guess it just comes down to whatever you like.

• It is the same in the US? I’m still wondering why TB is still paying for these servers. The multiplay servers are without question the worst in this game. And whenever possible I try to avoid to join one…

I brought that point up myself some time ago, but it seems nobody at TB cares: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=14161

• @Falc:

It is the same in the US? I’m still wondering why TB is still paying for these servers. The multiplay servers are without question the worst in this game. And whenever possible I try to avoid to join one…

I hear a lot about the EU multiplay issues, but the US ones are fine, at least the East or Central ones.

Every now and again you will get one that burps. And a couple days after a patch are never good.

• @gregcau:

@Falc:

It is the same in the US? I’m still wondering why TB is still paying for these servers. The multiplay servers are without question the worst in this game. And whenever possible I try to avoid to join one…

I hear a lot about the EU multiplay issues, but the US ones are fine, at least the East or Central ones.

Every now and again you will get one that burps. And a couple days after a patch are never good.

While they are “fine” in that they aren’t super laggy like in Europe, pretty much any other hosting company will usually ping better from the same location. In fact the only hosts I know of that were worse than multiplay was Warbawz and they went bankrupt for being so shitty. If you’re gonna buy a server in North America I would suggest NFO over anything, Bluefang would be next.

• NFO is amazing :D

• Multiplay is the worst s*** ever.
    We had a server rubberbanding for an entire month.
    Support gave us 2 new ones, and they were even worse xD

@Falc:

I brought that point up myself some time ago, but it seems nobody at TB cares: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=14161

Guess they must have some magic deal with them… Otherwise I see no point in ruining the game on ALL official servers :-)

• At least in something me and CRUSHED agree on - Multiplay hosting sucks!

On the other hand i blame TBS (Steve) for giving us customers such a shitty gaming experience. C’mon seriously!?! I understand TBS got cheapshit deal with Multiplay. Still i would rather have 3 working servers than 100 running like crap.

It’s a disgrace for gaming community. It’s like TBS want to represent their game like crap.

• I don’t think you’d rather only have 3 servers.

• Honestly I feel as though the multiplay servers have gotten a lot worse in the past 2 or 3 months. I don’t remember them being quite this terrible (at least in the SEA region). Now they are often nearly unplayable.

• @b3h47pte:

I don’t think you’d rather only have 3 servers.

Tbh I would rather have no official server than those we have currently. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying this out of spite. There more than enough servers for every player (even without the official servers), but for some reason the official servers attract more people than other, better servers. I suppose it is because of the “official” in the name.