Level Headed take on the new patch

• I was excited when I heard there was a big patch coming our way, WAS… now that is here, its probably sits on the top 10 list of “DONT DO IT” when it comes to patches.

I for one, have put in 440 hours into this game, and for the foundations and basics to be almost completely overhauled and changed to totally unacceptable. Its like totally revamping the game play and concept of WOW or whatever multiplayer out there, this i assure you is a sure fire way to lose your regulars. Who does that?? I know!! Torn Banner!

Somehow the devs managed to fix the 2 biggest things broken in this game, which was feints and dodge + attack and in the process of fixing that 2 things, you guys have made almost every other thing that makes this game tick broken… That is a monumental task I have to admit…

Old players hate it, 90% of veterans who play MAA and Vanguards will hate this game now. We have a nice close community in my region, and I can tell you almost all of the veterans dont put anywhere close to half the time they used to before the patch… Way to go Devs… Taking reference to the Xbox again, before the patch was like XBOX 360(best selling console but not perfect), after the patch XBOX 1(total stupidity and retarded)…

I dont expect this thread to make a difference. It seems easier to star out this game now, shorter and flatter learning curve, keeps new players playing longer but wont be lasting because battles are boring now, this game used to be so damn dependent on skills… not anymore… Way to go Torn Banner, seems to me you guys are just cashing in as much as you can… It has already happened, and its still happening, You have lost a lot of your regulars… Just check the numbers…

Dont talk about new players, they dont know what they dont know, so just incase some genius mentions “but new players dont complain”

Im done with this game, sadly… But I’ll come back time to time, hoping for a miracle…

• I’ve played vanguard since release. I love this patch. finally more viable weapons then just claymore. They fixed so much bad shit with this patch, if you can’t learn to adapt, keep on being a baddie and go join the world of warcraft.

Edit: I’m still trying to find the level headed-ness of this post…

• It has already happened, and its still happening, You have lost a lot of your regulars… Just check the numbers…

I’m sorry, your source is… what?

@Hitom:

I’ve played vanguard since release. I love this patch. finally more viable weapons then just claymore. They fixed so much bad shit with this patch, if you can’t learn to adapt, keep on being a baddie and go join the world of warcraft.

So much this. This, this, this.

• @Hitom:

I’ve played vanguard since release. I love this patch. finally more viable weapons then just claymore. They fixed so much bad shit with this patch, if you can’t learn to adapt, keep on being a baddie and go join the world of warcraft.

Nowhere in his post did he say he had trouble adapting. He said he wasn’t having fun anymore.

Also, because you’re such a complete and total dumb dick, your opinions are worth dung.

• @Bloodhead:

It has already happened, and its still happening, You have lost a lot of your regulars… Just check the numbers…

I’m sorry, your source is… what?

@Hitom:

So much this. This, this, this.

Seconded on dung statement to Bloodhead, for supporting such dickery and just being a bad lesion in the community in general.

• @Hitom:

finally more viable weapons then just claymore.

@Hitom:

then just claymore.

@Hitom:

claymore.

What in the actual fuck?

• @magilla:

@Hitom:

Nowhere in his post did he say he had trouble adapting. He said he wasn’t having fun anymore.

Also, because you’re such a complete and total dumb dick, your opinions are worth dung.

You are bringing so much to the discussion…

• Seconded on dung statement to Bloodhead, for supporting such dickery and just being a bad lesion in the community in general.

Excuse me?

The post was poor. It was full of stupid hyperboles (“90% of MAA and vanguards will hate this patch”… “most regulars are gone” etc - where is this coming from? It’s completely unfounded).

All he is doing is following this idiotic bandwagon built when the patch was released. The game is cleaner and more skill-based than it’s ever been. The foundations of the game have not changed THAT much - I really, really doubt that this is a player who was relying heavily on combo feint parry before the patch. That places him in a different group to the clannies who have legitimate reason to say that their playstyle was ruined by the patch.

• @Hitom:

@magilla:

@Hitom:

You are bringing so much to the discussion…

This guy is upset and quitting the game, and basically your only contribution was “lel git gud babby.” You are the dredge of the community. Instead of offering reasonable responses, or attempting to support the community or respond intelligently, you were a huge dick. Again, any opinion you ever have here, especially in gameplay, should be considered nil for what you just did here. Dickface.

• @Bloodhead:

Seconded on dung statement to Bloodhead, for supporting such dickery and just being a bad lesion in the community in general.

Excuse me?

The post was poor. It was full of stupid hyperboles (“90% of MAA and vanguards will hate this patch”… “most regulars are gone” etc - where is this coming from? It’s completely unfounded).

All he is doing is following this idiotic bandwagon built when the patch was released. The game is cleaner and more skill-based than it’s ever been. The foundations of the game have not changed THAT much - I really, really doubt that this is a player who was relying heavily on combo feint parry before the patch. That places him in a different group to the clannies who have legitimate reason to say that their playstyle was ruined by the patch.

He is expressing his opinion. You just said the game is cleaner, more skill based. That is JUST as founded as his presumptions. It’s an opinion. Again, you are worth dirt for what you just did, AND your hypocrisy. I shit in your mouth as you express your now respect devoid opinion.

• Magilla is going for a time out.

Carry on.

• Slygoat, sling enthusiast or babysitter extraordinaire?

• I’ve played MAA since release and I think this patch is the best thing that’s happened to this game.

It is not without its faults. A few tweaks could be made. Some small weapon tweaks, and the archer buff was suspect. There’s a reason that there is an influx of archers now. If balance tweaks aren’t in store for them, then a team archer cap would be a nice addition.

All in all though, the game is better for this patch.

• Minority of people like it, majority of people hate it. Opinions are opinions and trolls will be trolls. My experience with this game was nothing but fun fun fun for 440 hours and now its frustrating, Duels are easy… battles are kinda stupid now… Now quantity is king, gone were the days that 1 Vanguard, knight or Maa can take down 3 v 1 or 4 v 1… yeah sure some of you people will say its balanced now, i disagree, its skills that was honed from hours of game play to be able to best 3 to 4 people at the same time… Now we are all sitting ducks…

I guess time will tell, be seems like this game is going to the gutters, and I hope I am wrong… Please please please let me be wrong…

• 700+ hours played, loved game.

Now I force myself to play it, as I hope to find fun again…no luck yet.
    I keep searching forums for official statement about the patch and the direction they are going…no luck.

No hot fixes.
    No patches…nothing.

Sad.

• 1000+ hours, enjoyed the game immensely pre-patch.

Still do.

ZOMG!

• 400 hours. I adapted to the patch within about 5 minutes of downloading it, though my clanmates certainly described what sounded like Armageddon after they patched. I’m still struggling to understand why many people felt such a shock, and why they are still feeling it now.

• Experiences will definitely vary to what classes that you regularly play, archers get the biggest benefits, reduced wind up time for war bow, xbow is almost like a rail gun and their melee has been buffed up a lot… May I ask what class and weapon do you play kind sir?

• @numbTriggerFinger:

Experiences will definitely vary to what classes that you regularly play, archers get the biggest benefits, reduced wind up time for war bow, xbow is almost like a rail gun and their melee has been buffed up a lot… May I ask what class and weapon do you play kind sir?

About 50% MAA, the rest of my hours evenly distributed between the other classes. All weapons from 2H swords to javelins and fists. Had to be prepared to teach anything when my clan still did weekly practices.

I was fairly comfortable when I first played the patch. To brush up on the details, I read each line of the changelog, then tested each change in game using the appropriate class and weapon. Then I joined an empty server and practiced feint timings with different weapons, tested parry-in-recoveries, combo feints, the delayed combo feint to parry, compared fast kick to slow kick, and a few other things. All together about 4 hours of playing and testing to make sure I understood the patch thoroughly before coming to post in the forums.

Overall, I would say I like 60% of the patch, hate 20% of it, and could go either way on the remaining 20%.

• @FrostFire626:

400 hours. I adapted to the patch within about 5 minutes of downloading it, though my clanmates certainly described what sounded like Armageddon after they patched. I’m still struggling to understand why many people felt such a shock.

I can only agree. I have realy no idea where all the complaining is coming from. The game feels smoother than ever, with better balance and an great reduction of the effectiveness of certain borderline exploitive tatctics, resulting in more intense fights that truely grasp the atmosphere of medieval combat. And you can still take on multiple opponents with the right skills: situational awareness, quick reaction, target switching, footwork, placement, tactical disengagement, using the terrain… I do not assume this, I already did this quite a few times with the new patch. What you can no longer do is comboing through all of them while still being able to parry anytime.

The only thing I have slight quarrels with is that Archer may got a tad overbuffed. Other than that, the game is more fun than ever.