A perfect depiction of the new patch

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl0YmwUoCA4

Thanks to Hexen for that video, I think most if not all of us can completely agree with your point of view.

• Nuff said.

• +345,694

• I feel like the only reason this thread was started is to try to instigate a flame war.

• @RushSecond:

I feel like the only reason this thread was started is to try to instigate a flame war.

Pretty sure the reason is to share a video link with feedback on the patch. Seems relevant to me…

• love how they moved this thread here

• @RushSecond:

I feel like the only reason this thread was started is to try to instigate a flame war.

I’m guessing you don’t exactly agree with the points expressed by Hexen, but do you at least have some sympathy for how he feels? He is undoubtedly one of the biggest and most knowledgeable contributors to this game, so even if you don’t agree with him can you at least understand the sentiment he expresses?

Don’t you think it might be important for people to hear the opinion of perhaps the most respected contributor to this community? I know the thread title is a little provocative but that shouldn’t in itself start a flame war.

Also, why did this get moved to ‘community media’, no one’s gonna see this thread here. Seems that it should go in general discussion seeing as that’s where all the recent patch discussion is. If I was a cynical man I would say this was put here deliberately to ensure it gets less views.

• I’m afraid that, if anything, this video serves only to confirm the suspicions that hardcore players only dislike the patch because it inconveniences them.

I lost almost all respect when he deployed his main argument as follows:

“From a consumer standpoint, it really pisses me off… that this late into the game, 10 months after release, they can change everything. You can’t let people dump 900/1200 hours into the game and change everything”. He later, on a personal note, expresses annoyance that much of the material in his videos is now ‘misinformation’.

I’m sorry, but does anyone really consider this anything other than annoyance at personal inconvenience? All those hours are wasted. Yes. But I’m sorry, that’s your own damn fault. You invested time into learning mechanics which you KNEW were dodgy and unintended, mechanics which were CONSTANTLY complained about and which you KNEW would be changed. The only reason nothing happened sooner is a lack of resources and manpower on the part of the developers.

Claiming that ALL the mechanics have changed is also a bit silly. It’s nothing but exaggeration.

Finally, it’s not justified to claim that this is a simple money-grab operation just because it’s on sale now. I believe there were free weekends/steam sales right after CU1 and the most recent patch - and HEXEN himself says in this video that those patches were ‘good’ (though I, of course, disagree).

• @Pan:

I’m guessing you don’t exactly agree with the points expressed by Hexen, but do you at least have some sympathy for how he feels?

I have no sympathy for things like this. In his own words: “It’s poison to the community… and it’s misinformation, plain and simple.” That pretty much describes his video in it’s entirety.

• FYI start at 9 mins, first half is discussion on his awesomeness lol.

• @RushSecond:

@Pan:

I’m guessing you don’t exactly agree with the points expressed by Hexen, but do you at least have some sympathy for how he feels?

I have no sympathy for things like this. In his own words: “It’s poison to the community… and it’s misinformation, plain and simple.” That pretty much describes his video in it’s entirety.

Wow, that’s mean. He did preface the video by saying it was only his opinion. To call it poison is a bit harsh. I would have thought that even if you disagreed with him you could at least empathize with him, given what he’s done for the game. I mean, I’d feel bad for you if you felt like basically your favourite of all time had been shat down the toilet even if I disagreed with your opinion.

• HEXEN is THE guy you are going to hear/watch if you are interested in learning Chiv. Material he collected was astonishing and full of useful information. Time he spent on it…man…big commitment.

Saying that you have no respect or you have no sympathy for such a person is low.
    Hating him because he is in a clan and he is playing competitively is stupid.
    Basically you are being a d1ck.

Hate will solve nothing, try and communicate.

HEXEN did that and now some fcuks are spiting poison on him…sad.

• @Ciastooh:

HEXEN is THE guy you are going to hear/watch if you are interested in learning Chiv.

If he wanted to stay that way, he should have kept this rant to himself.

@Ciastooh:

Exactly my point.

Let me explain a little more clearly. I’m fully aware of Hexen’s reputation and that’s what makes this even more depressing for me. This video basically takes his reputation and turns it against the well being of Chivalry, all because of his opinion of the patch. He is clearly misinformed (he goes off on a tangential rant on how some minority whiners were complaining that CFTP was an exploit, when really that had absolutely nothing to do with it’s removal from the game) and through him he is misinforming everyone that trusts his view. This video is rotting the foundations of chivalry that he himself tried to strengthen. Even if you agree with his opinion, I don’t know how you could possibly defend this behavior.

That’s all there is for me to say. I’m not going to post any more here, as like I said, this thread just smells like flame bait.

• @RushSecond:

@Ciastooh:

HEXEN is THE guy you are going to hear/watch if you are interested in learning Chiv.

If he wanted to stay that way, he should have kept this rant to himself.

@Ciastooh:

Exactly my point.

This video basically takes his reputation and turns it against the well being of Chivalry, all because of his opinion of the patch…through him he is misinforming everyone that trusts his view. This video is rotting the foundations of chivalry that he himself tried to strengthen. Even if you agree with his opinion, I don’t know how you could possibly defend this behavior.

But he’s just expressing his view. In his eyes not to ruin Chivalry but to save it. And it’s a very popular view that a lot of people share! Just because you don’t agree with him doesn’t mean you can rightly condemn his behaviour when all he did was post a damn video expressing an opinion. The whole world is a forum of people expressing competing views, the act itself of just expressing yourself should never be inherently poisonous and is good for healthy discussion.

If there were anyone with the status HEXEN has in this community expressing their pro-patch views on youtube, I wouldn’t condemn their video as poison. I would say: “Fair enough, if that’s how you feel, tell everyone”. Either way, there isn’t, so uh…go figure…

• Hexen for president.

• HEXEN is spot on. 10 months in is far too late to make so many massive changes. 1.5 was just about right - they had a couple of weapons to tweak and a couple dozen real bugs to fix.

As for the troll on this thread - sorry you’re not interested in flame bait. It showed great willpower to only post 3 times in this thread to get cheap shots in on HEXEN. Rotting chivalry, indeed.

• We can only hope that TB will restore this game to it’s glory days. Though I’m not sure how much hope i’ve got left. :(

• I like Hexen, he is expressing his opinion. I don’t agree with everything he said but open communication is important.

At the end of the day, as much as yall would like to think the game is for you personally - it is a business and TBS needs to keep a business focus to bring in revenue so they can continue to make great games for us.

• @gregcau:

I like Hexen, he is expressing his opinion. I don’t agree with everything he said but open communication is important.

At the end of the day, as much as yall would like to think the game is for you personally - it is a business and TBS needs to keep a business focus to bring in revenue so they can continue to make great games for us.

Sure but that idea becomes somewhat paradoxical when you need to lower the quality of your game to make more money. Who says dumbing down your game is a good business decision anyway? This is the first time I’ve played a game to 500+ hours in maybe 5 years? I was willing to stay with it to the end and buy any and every expansion, dlc, whatever that they might release but the truth is if it stays like this I know I sure as hell wont be. And that’s exactly what Hexen described, it’s just shitty from a consumer standpoint.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t remember the time I last played a game that released a patch which turned so many things on their head, so late and received such a negative response. There are probably examples but this is a first time for me.

• @Pan:

@gregcau:

I like Hexen, he is expressing his opinion. I don’t agree with everything he said but open communication is important.

Sure but that idea becomes somewhat paradoxical when you need to lower the quality of your game to make more money. Who says dumbing down your game is a good business decision anyway? This is the first time I’ve played a game to 500+ hours in maybe 5 years? I was willing to stay with it to the end and buy any and every expansion, dlc, whatever that they might release but the truth is if it stays like this I know I sure as hell wont be. And that’s exactly what Hexen described, it’s just shitty from a consumer standpoint.

I don’t know about you, but I can’t remember the time I last played a game that released a patch which turned so many things on their head, so late and received such a negative response. There are probably examples but this is a first time for me.

Agreed. I mean at least CoD makes their games shitty from the start ;) .