[TEAM] "Left alone" tactics

• Before I write anything I´d like to point out that most of these tactics are relevant and effective only on pubs and you must be on the defending team, it is very unlikely that you´ll be able to pull it off in scrims or against some organized group of players.

I think we all have been in this position at least once :-) : The objective moves to another stage and you don´t really feel like F1 (respawning) quite yet. Chances are everyone else on your team has already respawned and you are now far behind the enemy lines,“left alone”.

So what do we do? We shall do our best to be the biggest pain in the enemies´s asses! But first let´s look at the maps and the stages where this is actually possible:

Stoneshill?
    No, not a chance, you may be hiding underneath the mason spawn house but it is far too open, chances are they´ll see you and 3-4 will go after you and get you.
    Citadel?**
    Yes, it is very doable on the building where the cages with slaves are located. The Agathians can actually go down the stairs once the stage of freeing 40 slaves is on. That is the place you wanna be at: the right or left staircase, luring people down and taking their heads off!

Battlegrounds?
    No, not a chance. The mason barn and the agathian spawn house are like miles away and around the house it´s very open.

Darkforest?
    Hell yeah! Works on pretty much all the stages and also better if you´re an archer, sniping agathians from the back. Not sure about the sluice gate, I guess if you stay on the top you can lure people to fight you but it´s very visible and archers can just shoot you down.

Hillside?
    This is probably the best map for “left alone” tactics. Nicely segmented, lots of places to hide and lure people into such as the cave, the pyre and off course the dead Trebuchet 3 (RIP) :D

Basic tactics

Goal: Assassin as many people as you can without being noticed.

Class: Depends on the very you and what you do best at. Man at arms is good for sure but I think knight is even better since he can carry 2 very good weapons.

Weapons: Broadsword is a must, it´s an excelent dueling weapon. If you´re a knight and you expect 1vsMany engagemetns pick a bastard sword. If you have really big balls pick the maul. If you´re going archery then the shortsword is a must. If you´re a vanguard then the Zweihander should do terrible, terrible damage!

Playstyle
    You will be hiding and peaking from corners at players saying: “Hi, come and play!” And then you remove their heads. You will also have to keep in mind that you´re left alone and noone´s gonna help you so your dueling skills and 1vsMany skills have to be amazing. When low on health, be patient and regenerate. If you won the first battle, it is certain the same guy will come, perhaps with teammates so consider moving to a new position!
    If you are not familiar with fighting multiple people at once, this is the basic concept: you combo your attacks and bounce around multiple enemies, you hit the 1st guy then swap to the 2nd guy and so on…

And that´s all I´ve got :-). It´s fun to do such stealthy actions and it´s one of the reason why TO is sooo much fun. Feel free to share your assasination experience!

• zr_Hq3kjz-k
    classic
    not to mention a great example of a few of the tactics you’ve mentioned

• You’re wrong on Battlegrounds. :)

As a crossbow-wielding Agathian you can hide in the corner under the wall at one of the Mason spwans (facing the gate, the one on the right) and it is a dark corner. I have been bored a few times and sat there killing archers on the spikes or dudes running down the hill.

As a Mason you can head in to the river and there is a corner behind some rocks where you can snipe the catapult.

Can only really get to both before the first objective is complete otherwise you get spotted. You can the generally lure people to come fight and if you have the short sword, can frustrate the hell out of them. :)

• @JW:

You’re wrong on Battlegrounds. :)

As a crossbow-wielding Agathian you can hide in the corner under the wall at one of the Mason spwans (facing the gate, the one on the right) and it is a dark corner. I have been bored a few times and sat there killing archers on the spikes or dudes running down the hill.

As a Mason you can head in to the river and there is a corner behind some rocks where you can snipe the catapult.

Can only really get to both before the first objective is complete otherwise you get spotted. You can the generally lure people to come fight and if you have the short sword, can frustrate the hell out of them. :)

Haha, I need to try this, little archer man with his big manly shortsword is just about unstoppable! :)