Animations out of sync

• There are some weapons that damage their targets before the animation has even finished its windup. So far I’ve noticed it happening with the bearded axe and the vanguard’s sword of war. It ends up looking like you were killed by their elbow as they drew their weapons back to hit you and makes parrying even less reliable as you have no idea when to expect the attack to connect.

This is in face to face combat when the edge of the weapon is nowhere near the target. (Not like being hit by an overhead from the person in front, where the blade tip can make contact with people close behind, or a swing from right to left connecting with an ally to the right of the attacker.)

There are probably more but these two examples are the most obvious and prevalent during the games that I’ve played in

• Video proof?

• @Shame:

and the vanguard’s sword of war.

Do you mean the claymore?

• Agree with the original poster. The Bearded axe and the claymore desynch sometimes.

• I’ve noticed this sometimes, but can’t be sure if it’s not just due to lag (because there’s quite a bit of lag with this patch, even with low pings)

Although what I am sure of is ghost swings are back. Basically automatic free feints being thrown when hit.

• @AbyssusAther:

@Shame:

and the vanguard’s sword of war.

Do you mean the claymore?

woosh

I believe this is a side-effect of dragging. It’s a tactic where the attacker starts his swing a little ways out, then turns into you, causing the swing to accelerate. It’s very deadly because it appears as you described in the OP. Combine that with feinting and it’s almost impossible to win against someone who does this.

• Sometimes you can jus get stared to death. As your opponent doesn’t animate or make any sounds. They look like they are jus standing there.

And then your dead.

• @lemonater47:

Sometimes you can jus get stared to death. As your opponent doesn’t animate or make any sounds. They look like they are jus standing there.

And then your dead.

You mean my arch-nemesis bug is still in the game? D:

Fun times ahead.

• @lemonater47:

Sometimes you can jus get stared to death. As your opponent doesn’t animate or make any sounds. They look like they are jus standing there.

And then your dead.

I knew it. TBS is putting “The Force” in Chivalry without us knowing.

With immense concentration, you can force the life out of your enemy!

• @rumpelstiltskin:

Video proof?

I know this is a bit delayed, but I haven’t recorded much lately so I only just managed to get a good clip of it tonight.

Pretty definitive proof of the bug’s existence.

[youtubehd:1h0ud6it]93_mExAJ9oc[/youtubehd:1h0ud6it]

• very definite proof. today i had this with the MaA mace.

• I watched someone using the messer and nearly every one of his swings were desynced, particularly the overhead.

• +1 but why does it only seem to be used by +40 rank?

• I agree, there’s a lot of desync going on.
    Swords go through blocks and don’t deal damage; very irritating btw, and this happens all the time.
    Then we have weapons going through parry and deal damage (you still can hear the clashing sound).
    To sum it up, ghost swings everywhere.

I think this is the first time I really got pissed at Chivalry. I hope the devs know about this and will fix it at asap.
    It’s really no fun playing Chivalry right now.