I really hope you have another patch for us…

• …coming in the next few days.

Things that need to be hotfixed NOW:

1. Archer projectile speed (I know this was unintended, but it needs to be fixed fast).

2. Rank 0 bug, causing the player to appear as rank zero and having no weapons unlocked. This is pretty frustrating.

Things that need to be fixed soon:

1. Feint grunt not working properly (i.e. latency causing the grunt to sound even when a feint is performed). Suggested fix: make the grunt audible to the attacker at the 0.2s window, but to the defender at the time of attack itself. All it does at the moment is make it HARDER to react to feints (if I’m trying to read a feint, hearing the grunt will probably make me react and parry. But if it doesn’t work properly, then this shouldn’t happen at all). Or simply make it sound at the time of attack like pre-patch.

2. Some feints, most notably stabs, are still impossible to read. The animations just aren’t good enough for us to be able to differentiate. Suggested fix: increase the feint cooldown (to about 0.8 or 0.9s, to be sure it works unlike in the beta) on all stab feints, during which time you can parry but not attack.
      I think I’m right in saying that stab feints with most fast weapons (all 1handers, including bastard swords, 2h swords, SPEARS) are basically impossible to read and react to. It needs fixing.

• Stabs in general need to be overhauled. They are just so difficult to see - feint or not.

Because of this they are by far the most effective attack in the entire game. It’s not uncommon to see someone dominate a game just by using water sprinkler stabs. Not to mention counter-attack stabs are even faster. Almost always a 100% guaranteed hit unless your opponent is really on the ball or he got lucky with a random parry.

• @Bloodhead:

…coming in the next few days.

1. Archer projectile speed (I know this was unintended, but it needs to be fixed fast).

2. Rank 0 bug, causing the player to appear as rank zero and having no weapons unlocked. This is pretty frustrating.

I agree these really need a hotfix. However I can tell you that this will not happen in the next few days, as TB will do a beta first.

• 90% of the pub servers are vanguards with brandi/spear/claymore. Not fun :/

• I like the patch.

• IMHO… The one thing that needs to change is the stamina cost on jumping. Only archers should be able to jump thrust repeatedly. Watching a knight do this shit in heavy armor 10 times in a row is just stupid shait.

• @Falc:

@Bloodhead:

I agree these really need a hotfix. However I can tell you that this will not happen in the next few days, as TB will do a beta first.

If this is the case, then they are pitifully slow. I cannot understand what can possibly be occupying their attention for a week and a half when these are two very serious issues having a significant impact on gameplay for NEW PLAYERS especially. I mean what would we think of a game if we suddenly couldn’t use our recently unlocked weapons for no apparent reason? Especially if we’re noobs and can’t get many kills very easily…

There had better be a good excuse, is all I’m saying.

• @Bloodhead:

1. Some feints, most notably stabs, are still impossible to read. The animations just aren’t good enough for us to be able to differentiate. Suggested fix: increase the feint cooldown (to about 0.8 or 0.9s, to be sure it works unlike in the beta) on all stab feints, during which time you can parry but not attack.
      I think I’m right in saying that stab feints with most fast weapons (all 1handers, including bastard swords, 2h swords, SPEARS) are basically impossible to read and react to. It needs fixing.

Did you have a problem with stab feints before the patch or is this something new?

• @Pan:

@Bloodhead:

1. Some feints, most notably stabs, are still impossible to read. The animations just aren’t good enough for us to be able to differentiate. Suggested fix: increase the feint cooldown (to about 0.8 or 0.9s, to be sure it works unlike in the beta) on all stab feints, during which time you can parry but not attack.

Did you have a problem with stab feints before the patch or is this something new?

Nope, same problems before the patch. But the patch was supposed to make feints easier to read; stab feints are no easier because the animations are just plain terrible. They are still broken and pretty much unreadable.

Though, this doesn’t really apply to slower weapons. It’s mainly the ones outlined in my post i.e. the faster stabs.

• Yeah stab feints can be a bitch to read, particularly with faster weapons. Not exactly a lot of room to parry if you wait until the feint window has passed.

• The problem isn’t with feints it’s with parries.
    All the feint changes so far haven’t and will not remedy the “issue.”
    Proposed fix in spoiler;

! This idea I don’t think has gotten enough attention.
    ! I think it’s a much better solution to the feinting “issue” than changing how much of your attack you can feint, timings and the god awful idea of an audio “grunt” queue.
    !
    ! It ties in with the parry out of recovery mechanic pretty nicely, it was implemented by a bug on accident in one of the betas and everyone seemed to think it was on purpose and completely dismissed the idea.
    !
    ! It would just be a second parry that you could queue in recovery of your first parry for the cost of 25 stamina.
    ! If you land the second parry you would be unable to riposte, this would maintain the attackers favor in the momentum of the fight and the stamina management.
    !
    ! Perhaps even further the “panic” parry would have a longer recovery time than a normal parry but NOT a longer active parry window.
    !
    ! The “panic” parry would NOT be able to be comboed into anything else, you either parry the attack or you miss and have to recover.
    !
    ! This is a simple and intuitive fix. This doens’t give the defender the advantage it just eliminates the 50/50 that feinting and combo feinting creates.
    !
    ! I don’t believe any amount of timing tweaking or stamina cost tweaking is going to solve the issue, the problem the entire time was and is with parrying.

• I would be in favour of that double parry idea.

• Well, it’s an interesting idea, but I fear if it is implemented then combat will simply be ALL about stamina.

• @Falc:

@Bloodhead:

I agree.

Firstly I think the special stun should be shortened from 0.2 back to 0.15 or something in between like 0.17.

Also I think a little bit of balancing would go a long way. Slow down the claymore a tad, perhaps slow fork and brandi down a bit too.

• the god awful idea of an audio “grunt” queue.

This shows you are missing the point of why feints can be difficult.

The main issue people had pre-patch with feints is that they couldn’t react to it in time, that it was physiologically impossible when the feint was <200ms. This about right, when the feint was a visual indicator only.

Enter the ‘grunt’ noise. Auditory reaction time is FASTER than visual. With the grunt noise and the .2ms lockout, you now have enough time to put your parry up and is physiologically possible to react, providing your ping is about 80ms or less with little packet loss (most people achieve this).
    The grunt noise is crucial for this. It has a tendency to break a little. This is partly, I think, due to the client side prediction not timing it correctly…

Still feints are much more easily dealt with and add so much to the depth of fighting.

• @Bloodhead:

1. Rank 0 bug, causing the player to appear as rank zero and having no weapons unlocked. This is pretty frustrating.

TBS has no real control over that…. it happens in every Steam game that saves your data in the Steam Cloud. Every so often your computer will not get a good connection (or not connect at all) with the Steam Cloud and then when you start up the game, this happens, because your computer can not retrieve your player’s stats and other data, so you end up at level zero.

Other times you get a faulty or partial connection to the Cloud and you get some other rank and various random unlocks… I experienced this with RO2/RS, Chivalry, TF2 and a bunch of other games. It only happened to me once so far in Chivalry where my rank was half of what it was supposed to be, and I had weapons I unlocked locked and a few weapons I didn’t unlock yet, unlocked… as if I connected to someone else’s cloud data.

Restarting Steam usually fixes it… sometimes you need to restart your computer to give your internet connection a boot in the head to connect properly… and sometimes it’s the Steam Cloud having a problem on its end and you just have to wait it out.

It happens.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

@Bloodhead:

1. Rank 0 bug, causing the player to appear as rank zero and having no weapons unlocked. This is pretty frustrating.

TBS has no real control over that…. it happens in every Steam game that saves your data in the Steam Cloud. Every so often your computer will not get a good connection (or not connect at all) with the Steam Cloud and then when you start up the game, this happens, because your computer can not retrieve your player’s stats and other data, so you end up at level zero.

Other times you get a faulty or partial connection to the Cloud and you get some other rank and various random unlocks… I experienced this with RO2/RS, Chivalry, TF2 and a bunch of other games. It only happened to me once so far in Chivalry where my rank was half of what it was supposed to be, and I had weapons I unlocked locked and a few weapons I didn’t unlock yet, unlocked… as if I connected to someone else’s cloud data.

Restarting Steam usually fixes it… sometimes you need to restart your computer to give your internet connection a boot in the head to connect properly… and sometimes it’s the Steam Cloud having a problem on its end and you just have to wait it out.

It happens.

About a month or so ago I went from rank 37 to 45 and have stayed there every since except for the times it bugs out to level 0. Well known and very common glitch.

• Ignore, double post.

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Sorry Praxius but you’re completely incorrect.
    This rank bug was introduced with the latest patch.

Of course what you described could possibly happen, but Steam nor Chivalry entirely relies on the Cloud data. If perhaps the Cloud is down, or you cannot connect to it, Steam/Chivalry will point towards the locally saved data instead.

This rank bug happens to me on every server about 80% of the time. Pretty much every second/third game.

I have a flawless connection at my new property, 20ms of ping or there about at around 18mbps, so it’s definitely not my connection.

• @NaTe:

@Cpt-Praxius:

Sorry Praxius but you’re completely incorrect.
    This rank bug was introduced with the latest patch.

Lmao!? What? Noob.