CU1P2 Hotfix 1 Live

• no fix for projectile? :(

-No stickies projectile
    (Only works if you are archer)

• @bsan89:

no fix for projectile? :(

-No stickies projectile
    (Only works if you are archer)

Also a stupid feature introduced to the game is that you can pull out sticked projectiles from alive players, should only apply for dead ones. Proves much oversights in development sadly, but that will hopefully be solved soon.

• Reduced stamina cost of combo feint, recovery parry and combo parry by 5 each.

• @wildwulfy:

Projectile speeds slowed down ~10-20% to compensate for Patch 2’s fps related fix.

• More accurate patch notes would be apropriate. So this implies that Throwable weapons have their projectile speed reduced by 10-20% aswell? Or Crossbow, Bows and Slings?

All projectiles were effected by the fps fix, so all projectiles were slowed. It was very obvious with torches, you could basically ignite all of Battlegrounds from a single torch pit.

They were not all slowed equally though, hence the 10-20% range.

• Still thinking that the :
    Special daze length from 1.5>2
    Is a little bit too long, because before with 1.5, there was always this chance where if you hesitate for a tiny bit, you would lose your opportunity to gain a free hit upon your opponent. Now its piss easy to land, rediculous lenght on the special daze. Also, why not give the beta a try with the good old knockback daze that applied if you parried without stamina (Just falling backwards) Cause it will always put the the player who dazes the other player in a offensive advantage where they can either attack from the side and make it hard for the dazed opponent to parry, or simply close in the distance and perform a feint. The dazed opponent could atleast Maybe be smart enough to maybe predict the opponents feint, or perform a parry in right direction of the attack.

Either way, the special daze is a really killer for the time being, an annoying one.

Shields are still pretty useless when they are involved in the teamobjective scene due to some heavy nerf and fixes of late, only viable for blocking projectile weapons as in one versus one duels.

Why not give the shield some sort of “Absorbing” ability where they first stamina block cost is 100%, then if a 2nd blow comes rapidly, it’ll be a reduced stamina block cost of 75% and ect. This have to be perfectly coded so that it can’t be exploited in anyways, though this will give the shields a opportunity to atleast “Tank” a little bit in the TO scene.

Though the question remains is if this absorbing should apply aslong as you hold the block, or if it is only for a short period of time since your first block. Either way, shields needs love Torn Banner.

Also, give us fire arrows soon.

Charged kicks (Hold kick) should have a different animation so that you can tell sometimes which kick you performed.

• @BB:

@CrustaceanSoup:

Notes:

Experience stats load successfully now.
    Corrected Man-at-Arms max sprint speed.
    Reduced stamina cost of combo feint, recovery parry and combo parry by 5 each.
    Projectile speeds slowed down ~10-20% to compensate for Patch 2’s fps related fix.
    Sprint attacks properly drain stamina when blocked.
    Fixed lighting on Argon’s Wall.
    Added a missing keybind.

So… should I be hopeful yet that my MAA fix is eventually getting into the beta? If you’re going to keep MAA the way he is right now please say so.

Pls respond.

I need to know if I should be depressed or not.

• @SlyGoat:

@wildwulfy:

• More accurate patch notes would be apropriate. So this implies that Throwable weapons have their projectile speed reduced by 10-20% aswell? Or Crossbow, Bows and Slings?

All projectiles were effected by the fps fix, so all projectiles were slowed. It was very obvious with torches, you could basically ignite all of Battlegrounds from a single torch pit.

They were not all slowed equally though, hence the 10-20% range.

The Torches being able to be thrown and hit desired target from a long distance shouldn’t have to do anything with the Projectile speed? doesn’t gravity decide the projectile drop which decides its max range.

The fix of the FPS exploit only applied for the projectile drop, and not the projectile speed. Because the projetile speed does decide how fast it takes for that projectile to travel, not its drop or anything right? please explain to me if I got it wrong.

• Is the bug where a MAA can’t dodge while flinched going to be fixed yet?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Is the bug where a MAA can’t dodge while flinched going to be fixed yet?

Geez, I hope so. I timed it once. I got hit by a Vanguard’s Great Sword, and tried to dodge a bit more than a second later, and couldn’t. It’s pretty much impossible to dodge away from any follow-up attack after being hit, which inadvertently takes daggers to omgwtf levels of dangerous. They’re fast enough that facehug LMB spam with decent footwork can never be blocked, can rarely be ducked/matrixed, and now cannot be dodged away from. Fun, fun, fun.

• The changes in this “hotfix” could have been tested by a single person in less than an hour, if only there was a least one person on the QA team… damnit Torn Banner, hire at least one person to QA for you!

• @wildwulfy:

Still thinking that the :
    Is a little bit too long, because before with 1.5, there was always this chance where if you hesitate for a tiny bit, you would lose your opportunity to gain a free hit upon your opponent. Now its piss easy to land, rediculous lenght on the special daze. Also, why not give the beta a try with the good old knockback daze that applied if you parried without stamina (Just falling backwards) Cause it will always put the the player who dazes the other player in a offensive advantage where they can either attack from the side and make it hard for the dazed opponent to parry, or simply close in the distance and perform a feint. The dazed opponent could atleast Maybe be smart enough to maybe predict the opponents feint, or perform a parry in right direction of the attack.

Either way, the special daze is a really killer for the time being, an annoying one.

Shields are still pretty useless when they are involved in the teamobjective scene due to some heavy nerf and fixes of late, only viable for blocking projectile weapons as in one versus one duels.

Why not give the shield some sort of “Absorbing” ability where they first stamina block cost is 100%, then if a 2nd blow comes rapidly, it’ll be a reduced stamina block cost of 75% and ect. This have to be perfectly coded so that it can’t be exploited in anyways, though this will give the shields a opportunity to atleast “Tank” a little bit in the TO scene.

Though the question remains is if this absorbing should apply aslong as you hold the block, or if it is only for a short period of time since your first block. Either way, shields needs love Torn Banner.

Charged kicks (Hold kick) should have a different animation so that you can tell sometimes which kick you performed.

I agree.

At least shorten the special daze from 0.2 to 0.17 or something.

Why are shields constantly nerfed? Who is using shields so much that every patch they get more and more nerfed? They are hardly used competitively or in widespread usage on pubs.

If a shield user is attacked by more than one person they almost always reduced to no stamina in a couple of seconds. They have no chance of blocking and attacking. They simply have to hope someone misses.

I’m not talking about turtling either, just trying to quickly parry a couple of hits with a shield and you have almost no stamina left.

TL;DR: Shields blocking weapons definitely need a small reduction to the stamina cost.

I also think there may be a glitch because sometimes I get dazed when I still have stamina left (and not from a kick either).

• can rarely be ducked/matrixed, and now cannot be dodged away from.

So dodge before they strike even once :/

• Keep it simple and small. Do just few changes and go live with it.

More time it takes more people will leave.

And try to avoid last patch failure with to many changes in the same time. Small steps are better, especially if you have small Dev team.

Learn from your mistakes Torn Banner.

• Corrected Man-at-Arms max sprint speed.

Is it improved or reduced?

• @Dr:

@wildwulfy:

Still thinking that the :

I agree.

At least shorten the special daze from 0.2 to 0.17 or something.

Why are shields constantly nerfed? Who is using shields so much that every patch they get more and more nerfed? They are hardly used competitively or in widespread usage on pubs.

If a shield user is attacked by more than one person they almost always reduced to no stamina in a couple of seconds. They have no chance of blocking and attacking. They simply have to hope someone misses.

I’m not talking about turtling either, just trying to quickly parry a couple of hits with a shield and you have almost no stamina left.

TL;DR: Shields blocking weapons definitely need a small reduction to the stamina cost.

I also think there may be a glitch because sometimes I get dazed when I still have stamina left (and not from a kick either).

Yea I remember when the game first released I could sit in a corner with my shield up and just block forever, it was fun!

• About the rank and unlocks bug. How do we now it’s fixed, because in the beta you got all unlocks regardless of your rank?

• @NoVaLombardia:

Uuuhm… man at arms aren’t supposed to dodge in flinch and dazed state?

• @Dubjay:

@NoVaLombardia:

Uuuhm… man at arms aren’t supposed to dodge in flinch and dazed state?

They are. Special Stun is the only stun that disables dodge.

• @BB:

They are. Special Stun is the only stun that disables dodge.

Oh wow

• Good but why is this on the beta? Do you really need people to test a hotfix? lol