Nerf shield bash damage.

• Something that’s been bothering me for a few days now: the shield bash. Totally unblockable/unavoidable (unless you’re MaA) very fast attack that does way more damage than it should. To me bashing with a shield should be for either for 1.) pushing the enemy away 2.) interrupting enemy’s attack. These two things. It shouldn’t be used for spam attacking like it’s now used. Like a week ago you wouldn’t see any Knight having a shield, now it’s 3/5 that uses them, especially the larger shield now that people have found this blatant exploit.

Suggestion: Change the shield bash damage to very little/no damage at all. It should be more of a kick than an attack. Doesn’t matter if it’s a Javelineer’s shield mouse wheel attack or the basic knight shieldbash.

There should also be an option of a succesful shield bash block, if you happen to block at the exact right time when the enemy is about to do a shield bash, you could dodge the shield/push it/hit it away, exposing the enemy to an attack of your own. Yet another extremely strategic layer created for combat of Chivalry. 8-)

–-

Off-topic: Have you people noticed how, in some perverse way, some combat mechanics have turned upside down in the hands of the players? Originally devs put shields in the game so that people can block with them, now people are using shields to attack. Same goes with MaA & dodge: Originally created for dodging enemies attacks, it’s purpose has been turned completely inside out: It’s primary function in the game for MaA class is using it for attack. You very rarely see MaA use his dodge to just dodge, 90% of the time it’s used for attacking.

• Because no devs can ever plan for how all players will play.

I’ll often go into a game and try to do the weirdest stuff, to see if I can break it, exploit it, or really anything, just for the fun of it. Makes me a good beta tester though.

• @Mkilbride:

Because no devs can ever plan for how all players will play.

I’ll often go into a game and try to do the weirdest stuff, to see if I can break it, exploit it, or really anything, just for the fun of it. Makes me a good beta tester though.

Yes and that’s why we are here for. I didn’t say that players using features in clever and different ways is wrong, I’m just pointing out the hilarity and the existence of it. 8-)

• I think you’re thinking specifically of the Javelineer’s secondary attack, which is a bash with the shield, but is completely unrelated to the shield push that other classes with shields have (the javelineer has one too).

Shield shove (F key) does only 5 damage and has a pretty long recovery time, not to mention it costs a huge chunk of stamina.

Javelineer shield bash (Scroll down) is definitely insanely broken, I agree. It bypasses block for some reason, does a good chunk of damage (35 I believe, and of the second best damage type), and flinches you constantly with its fast speed. The only thing you can do is to stay out of range of it - which is completely counterintuitive considering the javelineer is a primarily ranged class, with a thrusting melee weapon that shouldn’t be effective up close.

• Javelineer class weaponary load-out is what I would call a hybrid. Both deadly at melee and ranged.

• Since the javelineer unblockable shield bash was fixed this thread is solved imo.

• @-Slash-:

Since the javelineer unblockable shield bash was fixed this thread is solved imo.

They’re still able to throw projectile and perform quite decent melee damage in one weapon slot.

• @wildwulfy:

@-Slash-:

Since the javelineer unblockable shield bash was fixed this thread is solved imo.

They’re still able to throw projectile and perform quite decent melee damage in one weapon slot.

That isn’t what the thread was about; please stop bringing up topics that no longer apply.