Why can't you kick with a slingshot?

• Recently I’ve come to realise that if you’re skilled, slingshot is the best weapon in the game. I have started exclusively using it. I just have one question about it. Why can’t you kick? Why can I only kick if I pull out a shortsword? Does holding the pure might and power of such a complicated, righteous weapon in your mortal hands prevent your legs from fully functioning?

• Yes.

• Wind up sling, sprint up to an enemy who has their shield raised to block your rock, kick them for the stun and headshot.

Same reason bows and crossbows can’t kick.

• @BB:

Wind up sling, sprint up to an enemy who has their shield raised to block your rock, kick them for the stun and headshot.

Yeah, except sling sucks. Why would you even go up that close anyway? I want kick to get people off of me for at least a second to give me a sliver of a chance.

• If sling users could kick I would give up the warbow forever.

• @sirwartooth:

@BB:

Wind up sling, sprint up to an enemy who has their shield raised to block your rock, kick them for the stun and headshot.

Yeah, except sling sucks. Why would you even go up that close anyway? I want kick to get people off of me for at least a second to give me a sliver of a chance.

Yes, but if I have a loaded crossbow and a vanguard approaches me, I can kick him, then fire my crossbow at him while he is stunned. Nothing he could have possibly done.

If you are attacked without your melee weapon, you SHOULD be dead meat.

• @sirwartooth:

Yeah, except sling sucks.

But you just said…
    @sirwartooth:

Recently I’ve come to realise that if you’re skilled, slingshot is the best weapon in the game.

• @BB:

@sirwartooth:

Yeah, except sling sucks.

But you just said…
    @sirwartooth:

Recently I’ve come to realise that if you’re skilled, slingshot is the best weapon in the game.

Clearly that was a joke. Slingshot is never used because it’s horrible. I do love the weapon, though, and for that reason. I’ve even made a joke frag video using the slingshot. It might actually become viable if you could kick with it, though.
    @Bloodhead:

Yes, but if I have a loaded crossbow and a vanguard approaches me

This is about sling, not crossbow.

• @sirwartooth:

I’ve even made a joke frag video using the slingshot. It might actually become viable if you could kick with it, though.

It can’t be allowed to use the shield stun kick.

• @BB:

@sirwartooth:

I’ve even made a joke frag video using the slingshot. It might actually become viable if you could kick with it, though.

That’d be fair enough. I would just want to get a knight off my ass when I just need one more shot to kill him.

• @sirwartooth:

@BB:

@sirwartooth:

That’d be fair enough. I would just want to get a knight off my ass when I just need one more shot to kill him.

Haha see that’s where it would become unfair.

• @BB:

What’s unfair about it? If any other weapon I would completely agree. It’s just because the slingshot is so outrageously weak there’s no real reason to use it except to laugh when you kill people with it.

• @sirwartooth:

@BB:

What’s unfair about it? If any other weapon I would completely agree. It’s just because the slingshot is so outrageously weak there’s no real reason to use it except to laugh when you kill people with it.

It got a lot of buffs this patch, it really isn’t weak anymore and a weapon being weak is no excuse to give it a cheap maneuver like that.

• @BB:

It got a lot of buffs this patch, it really isn’t weak anymore and a weapon being weak is no excuse to give it a cheap maneuver like that.

How is it cheap? If it would just knockback and not stun, I don’t see the problem. You’d be able to get off maybe one good shot or get a headstart running away before a man at arms destroys you.

! Spear vanguards can kick and they have basically the same range as an archer.

• Even giving yourself an extra second is enough to crack off another shot with the sling, and for a decent user that extra shot is more than enough if you have connected a couple when they approach you, and the sling can get them pretty close with enough room to parry.

• @sic:

Even giving yourself an extra second is enough to crack off another shot with the sling, and for a decent user that extra shot is more than enough if you have connected a couple when they approach you, and the sling can get them pretty close with enough room to parry.

That’s the point.

• OH MY GOD ITS CHEAP!

Are you kidding me?

So now we know Sling users could all kick you to hell. Fine. So what theh ell are you going to do. Put yourself right in his face and wait for him to kick you in the face. Then yell its OP. Yeah, you couldn’t have done -anything- to destroy the Sling user. Its totally OP.

Come on.

• Due to the time it takes to kick a good MAA could just dodge around, assuming you’re not already dead by the time an MAA reaches you, and a Vanguard will just outrange you. There’s nothing OP about it.

• Screw the kick I want an overhead attack. (can’t combo it ofc)

• Not to necro this thread but it just occurred to me that you can kick with javelin. Please explain how it’s more balanced for a javelin to have kick than sling.