Spawn Protection for the first few secs of round

• So, I was on a LTS server as a vanguard on ruins and then as soon as I take a step, I get headshotted from the mason’s side. What the hell? As soon as I spawn too. The game needs spawn protection atleast for 3-5 seconds.
    I am suggesting this.

• Sort of like Unreal Tournament 3? It’s a practical idea, but there’s also a good chance that I might have been that archer. I can’t let you do that, Starfox.

Maybe an option for the server configuration?

• I agree that it’s a good idea. It would actually stop some griefers who TK at spawn as well.

• Spawn protection are useful in team deathmatch or LTS.

Just disable it for FFA so the people who just spawn doesn’t take advantage of it

• I think it would be quite helpful against TKers too.

• @EricFong:

Spawn protection are useful in team deathmatch or LTS.

Just disable it for FFA so the people who just spawn doesn’t take advantage of it

Providing this, it would be a good idea in my opinion.

• Yes and no.

No for flat spawn protecion like a magical shield.

Yes for better spawning positions - especially on TDM and FFA maps. Both to avoid getting spawnkilled and spawning right behind a poor unknowing enemy.

• Just want to raise a point.

On maps like citadel when Agatha free the slaves from the cage area, you often see Agathian’s immediately spawn and Mason’s are usually still around fighting for their lives. On maps like this, I think this would be a bad idea as it would give the defenders (Mason’s) literally no chance of survival if he/she has to fight against invincible players that have just spawned.

• Spawn protection should break on any action in every game.

If this is implemented there should also be a visual indicator telling you if a player is protected.

• @Towe:

Spawn protection should break on any action in every game.

If this is implemented there should also be a visual indicator telling you if a player is protected.

There should be god ray on the protected people.