Chivalry Medieval Warfare for PS4

• Help me convince Torn Banner Studios to get this game on PS4, you can help by making this topic popular so developers might consider a PS4 version of the game,Thanks for reading :) .

• Mac first.

• TBS are a COMPLETELY new studio who have no experience of programming for consoles (I think). Their previous releases were the HL2 mod, Age of Chivalry (before they got together as a proper studio), that’s it.

Also Chivalry itself still needs a LOT of fixing and so on, of which they’d have to spend a lot of time doing first.

So yeah don’t expect an awesome port to be shat out by a tiny indie team who have just started, they aren’t Activision who can just sink money into it and make it happen. I’d much prefer they fix Chiv on the PC first, then gain some experience with other games.

A gaming PC that would run Chiv would not be too expensive, and offer a fuckload more functionality than a PS4 ever would.

• Ps4 is easy to develop for and have the same system architecture as a PC, ps4 doesn’t require a publisher to publish their game on PS4, these developers deserve money , dont get me wrong but on PC alot of gamers are pirating the game so if developers release chivalry medieval warfare on ps4, they will earn alot of money since you cant pirate a game on a console :).

• @BobT36:

A gaming PC that would run Chiv would not be too expensive, and offer a fuckload more functionality than a PS4 ever would.

Ooooh, touchy touchy. I hope PS4 gets this game, just to piss you off. ;)

• @d1v4d:

@BobT36:

It’s not touchy touchy at all. Of course it’s a matter of opinion what one actually prefers, but it is still a fact.

Also I’m not trying to put the console down, just that I think TBS time would be spent better elsewhere, Chiv isn’t in a perfectly fit state for PC just yet, and I think it would probably be better for them to make a couple more games, grow a bit, and develop a bit more experience with making and releasing games in general first, before attempting to take on multiple markets and developing multiple variations of games / ports to other platforms.

That’s not to put the game or TBS down at all, they’ve done bloody fantastic with Chiv, just again it is a fact that they have currently only made ONE commercial game and have JUST started out. You know what people’s expectations are like, it was bad enough with Chiv itself, (“OMFG I CAN RUN BF3 AND COD Y IS DIS GAME NOT AS GUD” style arguments). Once they’ve got a bit more experience and a handle on making and releasing games, I’d be happy for them if they were able to successfully expand to other markets too. :)

(As long as their games are not dumbed down because of that of course. ;))

• @lemonater47:

Mac first.

Linux

• Potatoes first.

• @BobT36:

@d1v4d:

@BobT36:

It’s not touchy touchy at all. Of course it’s a matter of opinion what one actually prefers, but it is still a fact.

Also I’m not trying to put the console down, just that I think TBS time would be spent better elsewhere, Chiv isn’t in a perfectly fit state for PC just yet, and I think it would probably be better for them to make a couple more games, grow a bit, and develop a bit more experience with making and releasing games in general first, before attempting to take on multiple markets and developing multiple variations of games / ports to other platforms.

That’s not to put the game or TBS down at all, they’ve done bloody fantastic with Chiv, just again it is a fact that they have currently only made ONE commercial game and have JUST started out. You know what people’s expectations are like, it was bad enough with Chiv itself, (“OMFG I CAN RUN BF3 AND COD Y IS DIS GAME NOT AS GUD” style arguments). Once they’ve got a bit more experience and a handle on making and releasing games, I’d be happy for them if they were able to successfully expand to other markets too. :)

(As long as their games are not dumbed down because of that of course. ;))

I know where you’re coming from, but I think Sony’s new look at indie’s could benefit everyone. I also understand the fear from PC gamers when it comes to stuff like that, but I don’t think the hostility some people execute is really necessary. It’s a fun game, though. Nothin’ like chucking rocks at people’s face. 8-)

• TBS can earn alot of money by making a port of Chivaly Medieval Warfare for PS4, which then TBS will use the money to fix and upgrade the game.

• @infamous-assassin:

TBS can earn alot of money by making a port of Chivaly Medieval Warfare for PS4, which then TBS will use the money to fix and upgrade the game.

You don’t make something better purely through throwing money at it.

If they cocked up the port big style it could also sink them rather than help. Good ports, (and anything else really) are done through Time, Experience and Resources (ofc money helps a lil there to actually aquire resources).

There’s been a lot of ports that have turned out completely shit over the years, purely because a big publisher has just thrown money at another company and said “do it”, rather than actually putting effort into it.

Of course TBS could put some effort into it, but that would be hugely hampered due to their lack of ALL those 3 core things above (due to just starting out!), and also what time would they then have for working on the game, and other projects?

Chiv is a great game, and I’m not being a PC elitist here, it would be really nice if ANYONE could play and enjoy it, however I just think it would be a hideously risky move for TBS at this time. If I was just starting out as a company, I’d develop a strong foothold (successful, stable game), then build my experience and resources (other games / styles), THEN attempt to take on other markets, not just try to do everything all at once.

Like I said TBS are a tiny studio with a single commercial game, they aren’t Activision or EA and so on, and shouldn’t be held to the expectations of such. It’s completely up to them what they do of course but meh, I’d rather see them keep steady and do well, rather than getting carried away.

• @lemonater47:

Mac first.

Though a PS4 port sounds like a great idea in the far future… I still have a bunch of friends waiting for this game for their dirty macs.

• @Neso:

@lemonater47:

Mac first.

Though a PS4 port sounds like a great idea in the far future… I still have a bunch of friends waiting for this game for their dirty macs.

Tell then to instal bootcamp on their macs.

If you have a good mac it can be cheaper than buying a mac and a windows machine.

• NO

Edit: Plz NO

• @lemonater47:

@Neso:

@lemonater47:

Mac first.

Tell then to instal bootcamp on their macs.

If you have a good mac it can be cheaper than buying a mac and a windows machine.

Good mac being the key word. Their afraid to try it out mentioned it before. Thanks for the recommendation though.

• I would most definitely purchase Chivalry if it came out for PS4. I know it has it’s issues, but the potential for it is too much to pass up.

• Whoa, whoa. Priorities.
    Chivalry for Wii U first.

• @Skindiacus:

Whoa, whoa. Priorities.
    Chivalry for Wii U first.

Actually. . . I want this.

• I’m going to be serious here, Chivalry should have been able to run on Linux before Xbox and PS3.

But it would be really cool to have it on Wii U.

• They could make those gay orange plastic sword attachments for wiimote so you can lookdown overhead your way to fitness.