What is the most balanced weapon in the game to you?

• By most balanced I mean the most fair, no one can complain about it and doesn’t need any more changes to it currently with how the game mechanics work. For me, I think it’s the pole axe. It no longer two shots knights with torso hits (overhead + stab combo) like it used to, it has completely acceptable speed, range and damage IMO, especially considering it has swingblunt and piercing damage options. It does reasonable damage to every class, and it can be hard to use when engaging multiple opponents. It sucks against MaAs, but most weapons do now honestly.

Before this patch it was the longsword.

• Pole axe is good, besides the stab up close. Not much animation on it, especially on a quick parry counter. But overall stats wise it’s fine.

I think the longsword is the cleanest weapon. It rarely has animation issues, and especially now, doesn’t do that much damage to make it off putting. It’s always been my favorite weapon so I am sure I am biased. I’d say the broadsword is a very clean weapon too.

• Fists.

Followed closely by quarterstaff.

• Huh? Polaxe hits to the knight torso changed this patch? Can someone explain?

• Not sure how one weapon can be the most balanced? Don’t you need at least two?

• Poleaxe: tons of upsides an tons of downsides.

• @Pan:

Huh? Polaxe hits to the knight torso changed this patch? Can someone explain?

No, back in the day it used to 2 shot knights very easily with an overhead stab combo. This was like 3 or more patches ago.

• Greatsword IMO.

• It used to be broadsword for me, until the change to 1h stab. They all seem to animate oddly and hit before the model reaches you at face hug range. It is particularly noticeable with the longer 1h weapons. Now, it seems to only need a stab to function, even though it isn’t primarily a stabbing weapon.

At this moment I would say pole axe. After it was balanced way back when, it feels like the most legitimate weapon. It is a very unique weapon that manages to be completely fair as well as usable. Nothing odd about it, other than its ability to pop heads with a blade. :/

• @SOC:

@Pan:

No, back in the day it used to 2 shot knights very easily with an overhead stab combo. This was like 3 or more patches ago.

2 overheads kill a Knight, no headshot needed. If you want to use the stab then you need a headshot.

• @XaleUdo:

It used to be broadsword for me, until the change to 1h stab. They all seem to animate oddly and hit before the model reaches you at face hug range. It is particularly noticeable with the longer 1h weapons. Now, it seems to only need a stab to function, even though it isn’t primarily a stabbing weapon.

At this moment I would say pole axe. After it was balanced way back when, it feels like the most legitimate weapon. It is a very unique weapon that manages to be completely fair as well as usable. Nothing odd about it, other than its ability to pop heads with a blade. :/

Before the doompatch broadsword was borderline op with maa and even more so knight.
    I feel mighty after using it for 400Hours. There was never a time there i wanted something else but against the current spear spam you miss that dodgekill.

inb4 kick,shildbash

• @Falc:

@SOC:

@Pan:

2 overheads kill a Knight, no headshot needed. If you want to use the stab then you need a headshot.

Yeah, but the thing is 90% of the time you lead off with the poleaxe’s stab because it’s so long.

• @SlyGoat:

Greatsword IMO.

How can you say the greatsword is but still nerfed the old longsword? :/

• @SOC:

@SlyGoat:

Greatsword IMO.

Vgs are suppose to have good weapons, that’s what makes them viableish… A knight which is strong enough with fists to top the leaderboard in pubs don’t need a weapon that is effective at everything and the only downside is having decent damage, which is not even a downside at all.

• Broadsword.

• @Jstorm:

@SOC:

@SlyGoat:

Greatsword IMO.

Vgs are suppose to have good weapons, that’s what makes them viableish… A knight which is strong enough with fists to top the leaderboard in pubs don’t need a weapon that is effective at everything and the only downside is having decent damage, which is not even a downside at all.

Topping the leaderboards in a pub is not evidence of anything, be it skill, weapon balance, class balance. Nothing. If a knight can use fists to top the boards in a competitive scrim, then we have a problem.

• If I judge strictly by complaints from other players about OP weapons, I would have to say the billhook is the most balanced.
    I have never experienced any complaints against it. Medium damage, medium reach and medium speed.

• Morning Star.

• Maul. Speed is slow as can be, but damage is massive. So good negative to positive ratio. The only time I hear people complaining about it is when they block spam, and don’t wait for the blow.

• @jrmftw:

If I judge strictly by complaints from other players about OP weapons, I would have to say the billhook is the most balanced.
    I have never experienced any complaints against it. Medium damage, medium reach and medium speed.

Billhook has quite a long reach.

Not as much as say a halberd or spear, but pole-arms are up in the highest reaching weapons in the game.