Friday Update: What we're up to! July 5, 2013

• It’s that time again for our weekly update. Find out what we’ve been working on and what’s to come! We’ve got some good things coming your way!

• CU1 Patch 2 Hotfix #1: Our big patch was released about a week and a half ago and the first hotfix is now being released to the live game. This will fix the most common issues that have been occurring. The hotfix will be coming out later tonight. Temporary patch notes are listed here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15284

• CU1 Patch 3 Beta 1: The next big patch has already been in progress and we are now releasing it to the beta app for initial testing. This is still a work in progress, so not all changes will be in it.
      The patch will be up later tonight along with full patch notes. But here are a few things you can look forward to:

• server browser fix
    • flag in the frontend map
    • customization
    • rcon
      The SDK is now also part of the beta build.
    • Emblem Contest: In case you missed it the first time, the winners of the emblem contest were announced last week. Full details can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15185

• Community: There is a new community fan site that has just been opened! It is very detailed and offers a lot of things all wrapped up into one lovely site. Definitely worth checking out: http://chivalrychronicles.com

• @Kimiko:

• flag in the frontend map
    • rcon

Wey, what is it ?

@Kimiko:

• customisation
    • sdk

Yeeeessssssss

• Looking so forward to customization.

Just a quick one, will there be more than just one hotfix?

• Customization is moving along sooner than I thought. Peasant hat here I come! :D

• Looks really exciting, the customization arriving this early is really unexpected, they must have a studio or something :P
    Also what is this flag in the frontend map? Consider me curious.

• Still no MAA change…

I’m not gonna be the MAA rep for much longer at this rate :C

• ^ Thank God! :P

• @Sidewinder:

^ Thank God! :P

;_;

• SDK, great, now we can fix the game you ruined.

• Developer

We’ll get some documentation on Monday, but for anyone adventurous enough to try remote console:

This is the parser plugin for BigBrotherBot:
    http://pastebin.ca/2418586

We’ll get this to the devs and hopefully get it integrated at some point. There’s also some config options somewhere in Chivalry server configs that you set to something to enable rcon and set the port…

• @PSG:

SDK, great, now we can fix the game you ruined.

<applause></applause>

• when u say customization, what exactly are u refering too?

and what does " flag in the frontend map " even mean?

• Still nothing about the broken achievements? That makes me sad :(

• Do I hear customization? Great, give em to me!

• Still waiting on download to finish… I’m so excited I can’t unclench my butt cheeks

• @Kimiko:

I have the SDK beta instaled and I also have an update right now. Does this mean that the two versions of the beta are now merged ? I wouldn’t want to have to download again the other beta.

• @VulcAn’1:

@Kimiko:

I have the SDK beta instaled and I also have an update right now. Does this mean that the two versions of the beta are now merged ? I wouldn’t want to have to download again the other beta.

The main branch now contains the SDK so yes. Merging the weapon configuration files into scripts is also an important SDK fix because the config files were not properly modifiable, so now you can change weapon damages, timings, etc., as well as class stats.

• no way!

are u telling me that basically this fixes the server to client push?

that would be really awesome if thats what your saying Mr Goat?

and what is the time frame that every1 will be forced to be playing this version.

cause right now if i change my server to this version only the ppl opting for beta would be able to play on it correct?

and would this allow changing things like the maa dodging while attacking back to being possible.

as well as fixing the archers view when dodging bugg?

• @WARSAW:

when u say customization, what exactly are u refering too?

When you get to title screen it now has a Torn Banner flag. It looks really good :)

• @Kimiko:

@WARSAW:

when u say customization, what exactly are u refering too?

When you get to title screen it now has a Torn Banner flag. It looks really good :)

Can we have the flag in the loading screen have the animation from the beginning of your youtube videos too?! That would be sweet!