Community map packs

• So… how about putting the custom maps we have so far into a single and thoroughly tested map pack? It would be a lot more convenient to download and would allow servers to have many custom maps on the rotation without compatibility problems. The map pack name would be on the server’s name, so people would know which packs to download and what version they need (“server X-map pack Y v1.0”). Everything with the map makers’ consent, obviously.

• Yeah, could be a sort of [APPROVED] marker, guaranteeing that these cutom maps works. good idea.

• Agreed, many server admins are lazy and probably wont even load the custom maps. It will be important to make all the maps available, if only through the votechangemap function.

But the maps do need a QA process.

Maybe we need a Map Council. If so I vote forum names in Orange.

• There needs to be a download page with all mods/maps/scripts etc

• @afiNity:

There needs to be a download page with all mods/maps/scripts etc

Good idea +1

• Yeah every modding community needs a place to upload their creations. For Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 it was http://nwvault.com, for Skyrim and many others it was nexusmods.com.

Is there an existing website for Chivalry custom content? If so, I haven’t found one. I’m not sure if nexusmods hosts content for free, but it may be worth reaching out to them to create a Chivalry section.

Once such a website is created, you get a natural QA process which occurs as various modding teams band together, and through various constructs like a Hall of Fame, and user ratings.

Does TBS have any information on this?

• @afiNity:

There needs to be a download page with all mods/maps/scripts etc

Yes, there should be just the general section for modifications and maps, where people ask questions, show off WIP stuff. Then, a beta subforum, where there are download links, feedback is provided. Finally, a final release subforum.

• Developer

@Nightrise:

Yeah every modding community needs a place to upload their creations. For Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 it was http://nwvault.com, for Skyrim and many others it was nexusmods.com.

Is there an existing website for Chivalry custom content? If so, I haven’t found one. I’m not sure if nexusmods hosts content for free, but it may be worth reaching out to them to create a Chivalry section.

Once such a website is created, you get a natural QA process which occurs as various modding teams band together, and through various constructs like a Hall of Fame, and user ratings.

Does TBS have any information on this?

There’s no such community site yet that I’m aware of. Officially, we’ll have a Steam Workshop (and these forums, of course).

• Steam forums ? Ewww.
    Why not regroup all the informations, and modded content here ? ( maybe this needs a dedicated website, but why ? )

• Developer

I never said Steam forums, who uses Steam forums? :? A workshop and these forums. We can create more subforums to group things better as we get more content.

• OKay ! My bad. ;)

• I think building a mod pack of stable maps is a great idea and I’d happily contribute my maps ;)

• I agree too, every map would get a chance to be played this way.