Stamina Regeneration [POLL]

• Now that the patch has been out for a bit, I’d like to gauge people’s opinon on the stamina and stamina regeneration changes.
    @Slygoat:

Bonus stamina regeneration from crouching removed, base stamina regeneration increased.
    New stamina drain values and absorption rates for all weapons (average stamina loss on parry generally lower, min-max values from 7-35 to 8-25)
    A wheezing sound now loops when a player is under 30% stamina.
    Out of stamina grunt will play when you try to perform an action you don’t have enough stamina for, rather than when you swing with 0 stamina.

• The current stamina regeneration buff is not enough considering how quickly your stam runs out because of how costly recovery parry is and I don’t see what is wrong with crouching to regenerate stan so I vote to bring it back.

• Sorry, I changed the poll a bit. Please vote again.

• It takes so much more stamina to block certain weapons than it does to swing them. This results in you running out of stamina and getting stunned because you blocked every swing. Meanwhile he’s not even panting yet and chops your head off. This is even more annoying if he’s got a fast weapon because then you don’t have the time to do anything other than block.

All this does is punish you for being an accurate blocker and does nothing but encourage your enemy to swing spam.

• Stam regen seems fine. I usually don’t have stamina issues

• The crouch regen was kind of silly, on an aesthetic level I’d prefer a different solution.

I don’t think stamina serves the turtling-tiebreaker role very well right now. Stamina is a much bigger deal in fights than it used to be, to the extent that ducking and dodges become superior to parrying, fakeouts are too expensive to use and dueling skilled MAAs is next to impossible because dodging your attack rarely costs them more than you pay for missing it. Yet another trend that favors fast onehanders because there’s nothing you can do but parry them, which is now enough to put you at a disadvantage in a fight.

I’m not in love with it but I wouldn’t know what to change. It’s definitely linked strongly to MAAs and feints.

• The real reason to bring back crouch stamina boost should have nothing to do with the speed of regen. That can always be tweaked. The reason to bring it back is because it creates a greater distinction between crouching, walking and sprinting and it forces more interesting decision making in terms of risk/reward.

• Stamina regen, like someone said above, is fine. It encourages better footwork (not HAVING to block every weapon swing) and stamina management. I do feel bad for MAA though, because dodge is quite a hit to their stamina, and on an aggressive player, it can cost the MAA their life.

I would still like a bonus regen for crouching or something, though. it’s just a cool mehanic and it makes sense (sit down to take a break haha)

• fuck the crouch regen stamina values

• @Event:

Stamina regen, like someone said above, is fine. It encourages better footwork (not HAVING to block every weapon swing) and stamina management. I do feel bad for MAA though, because dodge is quite a hit to their stamina, and on an aggressive player, it can cost the MAA their life.

I would still like a bonus regen for crouching or something, though. it’s just a cool mehanic and it makes sense (sit down to take a break haha)

I find that when playing as maa I have been making my enemies run out if stamina more than I have been running out if stamina myself. Since you have speed and the dodge ability you can make your opponent miss you while attacking their guard and not giving them a chance to recover. An aggressive opponent is easy to counter as maa.

• I quite liked the crouch to increase stam regen but I actually answered “lower stamina values” because shields are almost unusable now due to the stamina drain.

• Shield stamina drain hasn’t changed.

• @NoVaLombardia:

Shield stamina drain hasn’t changed.

Actually I’ve heard different things, I think the calculations of all stamina has changed in the last patch. It certainly feels like a big change.

• I like the new stamina system. Before you had these guys sitting all over the map regenerating stamina like ii** dogs (or this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aJaVGKWNno) and then going it epileptic movements before sitting down again.

Drain is fine too: there is actually a cost attached to some actions so you need to use them wisely instead of just spamming (everyone who was crying about the lowered skillcap should like this too).

• The problem I have with stamina is really quite simple.

It completely and utterly sucks the fun out of fighting more than opponent, either at a time or in a row.

Get any half-decent fight and then someone else comes around, you’re ****ed. I’ve never won any fight once my stamina is out, how would I.

It really irritates me sometimes. 1-on-1 I appreciate the stamina and its a part of the game, but beyond that its just terrible.

Or take a 2v1 scenario. My chances are already so terrible, but they barely attack you together and even if you block properly you’re dead. Fuuun.

Not.

That is my problem with stamina.