Content Update 1 Patch 3 Beta 1 is now live on the beta

• Developer

Note: One limitation of this version, which is a result of merging in the SDK build, is that this requires .NET 4.5. Steam should automatically install .NET 4.5 for you if you don’t have it; please us know in the Beta Feedback forum if this isn’t working correctly. .NET 4.5 is not XP-compatible, so this requirement won’t make it to the final release of the patch.
    –-
    Note to server operators: You’ll need to add
    NativePackages=AOCCustomizationContent
    into [Engine.ScriptPackages] in PCServer-UDKEngine.ini (under NativePackages=AOC). If you don’t, everyone on your server will have default customization options with pure black colors. We’ll have a fix for this for the final patch.

As always, the Beta app exists for testing purposes. There may be bugs or other issues. Please share any feedback, bug reports, etc. in the Beta Feedback forum.

Customization!

A spiffy flag!

Remote console! (Remote server administration, currently with support for BigBrotherBot since that’s just the only thing we wrote a plugin for. Should be easy for other remote admin tools to add support for the game)

This is the parser plugin for BigBrotherBot:
    http://pastebin.ca/2418586

We’ll get this to the devs and hopefully get it integrated at some point. To use it, install BigBrotherBot (per the documentation on their site), then copy that to a file called “chiv.py” in BigBrotherBot\b3\parsers, alongside the other parsers. When you set up B3, set the “game” to “chiv”.

To set the rcon port the game uses, add this to PCServer-UDKGame.ini:

[AOC.AOCRCon]
    RConPort=27960

SDK integrated! (Still no Workshop / autodownloading, but that’s coming)

SDK fixes! (LogAlways andWarnAlways macros to allow logging for modders; got rid of four .ini files that weren’t modder-friendly; dehardcoded a few references to class’AOCPawn’ that made it harder to extend some classes. EDIT: use LogAlwaysInternal and WarnAlwaysInternal (in Object.uc) rather than the macros for now, the macros are goofed)

Server browser fixes! (Tabs works better, favorites work better, browser now uses the Steamworks library optimally and is less likely to make your router cry, etc)

Other things I’ve forgotten! (Woo!)

Known issues

• Shield customization is broken; you can see your own customization, but other players can’t. :(

• FFA/Duel customization preview character is all bloody for some reason

• after an autobalance, BigBrotherBot mistakenly thinks players are still on the other team and issues them team damage warnings (and kicks)

• Global Moderator

Customisation.

Must download now.

• WOO!

• With modding now being put into the live versions, will we see a fix for the server side ini’s replicating to clients properly in the coming betas? This way, you can effectively mod servers stats wise without anyone having to download anything.

• Developer

That wouldn’t be a “fix” so much as a brand new feature. Also, as of this patch, the NewWeapon, FamilyInfo, DamageType, and WeaponAttachment .ini files have been removed altogether anyways.

• DLC Helmets. I’m okay with this. They look good too!

• The chivalry beta won’t even launch for me, i get stuck at steam trying to install .NET 4.5, it restarts my pc, i try to launch it again, repeats the process. I tried to download it from the microsoft site too, still does the same thing.

• @MetalDevil19:

The chivalry beta won’t even launch for me, i get stuck at steam trying to install .NET 4.5, it restarts my pc, i try to launch it again, repeats the process. I tried to download it from the microsoft site too, still does the same thing.

It installed quite some time so make sure you’re patient with .NET. ;)

The Beta itself…AWESOME! So many different ways of customizing my character! New helmets that look (mostly, I mean Fagatha Vanguard’s helmet, srsly? :P ) absolutely fantastic.

Can’t wait for it to go live. :)

• Customization = Nice. But WHY are Vanguard faces the same for Mason and Agatha whereas the other ones are all different ? That’s unfair. (Charged helmets are awful, by the way…)

• Bug #1: I’m finding it difficult to customize someone’s clothes when he constantly bathes them in blood.

[image:xrvxm7c6]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798701755578/3B00E27190C966BCFA0DF3921B6AC257CE545566/[/image:xrvxm7c6]

• Just messed around with the customization a bit and it looks amazing. I never would have expected so many possibilities, thanks for that.
    There is only 1 drawback:
    Trim-colour is a great idea to give your avatar that unique look, but on the mason archer and knight it is just way too much. Too much surface depends on trim-colour on these 2. Try out green or pink and you will see how awkward and no more mason-like it looks. Could be a huge athmosphere killer if it stays that way imo. It would also be problematic to distinguish firend from foe in fast-paced action.

• I’d like to test the customization, but every time the .net 4.5 framework tries to install (I already have it outside of Chivalry), nothing happens and then it tries to restart my computer. I’ve let it restart twice to see if it would work, to no avail. Such a tease, I want to try this so bad!

edit: finally worked
    [image:18aqf59d]http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798702437951/BBD5285B5BE8AF38BC42F0CE12D522F86E2ACBA1/[/image:18aqf59d]
    I have found my man at arms set up.

• ERMERGERD! YESS!

• @Falkner:

Too much surface depends on trim-colour. Try out green or pink and you will see how awkward and no more mason-like it looks. Could be a huge athmosphere killer if it stays that way imo.

Indeed. Those big colorded masses moving on the battlefield are just crap. Or the colors are too shiny. And sometimes, it’s hard to tell the difference between Agatha and Mason.

EDIT - No comment… -_-"

!

• on citadel, you can fall through the floor. also, the locks are broken… you can’t hit them.

some customizatinos seem to work, most are not.

• @clayton-bigsby:

on citadel, you can fall through the floor. also, the locks are broken… you can’t hit them.

some customizatinos seem to work, most are not.

Foly just messaged me about this one. This is confirmed happening.

• Holy shit, all of my money. :o

• @Falkner:

Just messed around with the customization a bit and it looks amazing. I never would have expected so many possibilities, thanks for that.
    There is only 1 drawback:
    Trim-colour is a great idea to give your avatar that unique look, but on the mason archer and knight it is just way too much. Too much surface depends on trim-colour on these 2. Try out green or pink and you will see how awkward and no more mason-like it looks. Could be a huge athmosphere killer if it stays that way imo. It would also be problematic to distinguish firend from foe in fast-paced action.

I haven’t had a problem so far distinguishing friend from foe.

• More bugs. Whenever you change your loadout in spawn area (so you instantly switch weapons without having to die and respawn) your clothes turn black and your helmet and shield revert to default, like this:
    [image:2s99cqal]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798702733865/CBB81F15422C74CD3F5990D5998E19F4817E90D9/[/image:2s99cqal]
    This lasts until you change class.

Some floor panels are missing on citadel:
    [image:2s99cqal]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798702736162/B28175AD2F342CFBB611C6FAF7A4C8DA80E63E9E/[/image:2s99cqal]

[image:2s99cqal]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798702737357/B6B5661027D7B0F2B196137E94FE535BFF5E93E6/[/image:2s99cqal]

This bridge on citadel is fake. You fall right through it. And then die a horrible fiery death.
    [image:2s99cqal]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/882986798702738696/D177F1C15C6BCE9868A746656BA34E4E6BBC4DAE/[/image:2s99cqal]

Agreed with this completely. Some “trims” are not very trimmy, and cover most of the clothing, so both mason and agatha can end up looking mostly yellow if they want. Not good.

• Global Moderator

That bridge has trolled me so many times.