Content Update 1 Patch 3 Beta 1 is now live on the beta

• @lemonater47:

@Digu21:

I can’t even see the customization? It didn’t patch nor anything when I selected to opt into beta? Da fack, Help anyone?

Lol.

You don’t opt into the beta anymore. Is a seperate game in your steam library. Show your uninstalled games and you can find it.

I pretty much figured it out, so damn silly of me =) Now it just can’t get into the beta because Net Framework keeps on restarting my damn computer…

I’ll probably figure that out too, but if anyone solved this it would be great to know how!

• Global Moderator

@Digu21:

@lemonater47:

@Digu21:

I can’t even see the customization? It didn’t patch nor anything when I selected to opt into beta? Da fack, Help anyone?

Lol.

You don’t opt into the beta anymore. Is a seperate game in your steam library. Show your uninstalled games and you can find it.

I pretty much figured it out, so damn silly of me =) Now it just can’t get into the beta because Net Framework keeps on restarting my damn computer…

I’ll probably figure that out too, but if anyone solved this it would be great to know how!

Just push cancel when it asks. It will then launch the game.

• @Wonderglue:

**Some may say the helmets don’t affect anything. But yes, they do. I hate people who buy them just to showoff to other people.

No offense but seriously? Why would this bother you? All of your arguments are null and void with this statement right here. My suggestion is to grow up. No mature adult should be bothered by someone wanting to show off something they own.

• I’d prefer see new helmets/armor pieces comes like with the Emblem contest ! That is way more constructive and engage the comunity more than a a cash shop.
    imo.

• Norse sword is appearing as a dagger in weapons selection screen for Knight as well, and falchion model not appearing.

Also I just played a game on Stoneshill and someone got autobalanced but it didn’t appear properly on the scoreboard. Their model changed from Agatha to Mason and their name appeared red on screen but they were still listed as Agatha on the scoreboard.

I have no problem with cheap micro transactions for helmets BTW.

• @Sidewinder:

@Wonderglue:

**Some may say the helmets don’t affect anything. But yes, they do. I hate people who buy them just to showoff to other people.

No offense but seriously? Why would this bother you? All of your arguments are null and void with this statement right here. My suggestion is to grow up. No mature adult should be bothered by someone wanting to show off something they own.

Because i dislike people who brag about cosmetic items. It’s annoying. Way more annoying than me bitching here on the forums. And TB didn’t even include any free helmets for people who don’t want to spend their money. I wouldn’t even have a single problem if they included a few free helmets for every class (ranked, every 10 level a new helmet) and one or two that must be payed for each class.
    This isn’t out of option however, who knows what’s going to happen in the future. But i have little faith for free cosmetic items after this. Seems like every better looking helmet from now on is going to have to be payed. And there is going to be a swarm of those weird looking over the top helmets for purchase.

And on the matter of TF2 that some people, including me, compared to. At least you can get every single TF2 for free, or you can buy them if you don’t want to spend time farming/trading.

Why not make a similar system here? Helmets are ranked, you can unlock them by simply playing the game and being an certain rank (10,20,30,40,50), or you can just purchase them and have them from the start?
    That way, you can get all the items for free, unlocking them fair and square with no money whatsoever. Or just buy it and support TB. I would gladly spend some money then knowing that no items are limited, and everyone can get them for free. It’s just a matter of principle.

And i admit i was a bit harsh and rash on my previous post. It’s just that i was enraged hearing this. One of my favorite games having one of the systems i hate the most.

• Where’s the beta forum?

There’s a whole bunch of bugs like the Mace not doing any damage and Flinch still disables dodge.

• I’d rather there be cosmetic DLC than Torn Banner abandoning the game altogether because it isn’t making any more money.

@Wonderglue:

I miss the good old times when everything came for free. All the bonus content was free. And extra items were unlockables.

Except there were no unlockables back in the good old times (which is a good thing).

@Wonderglue:

Expansions were worth paying too back in the day.

Except expansions are FAR worse for multiplayer games than cosmetic items. With expansions you split up the community and now you have to pay if you want to play with everyone else.

• Global Moderator

We need that beta forum.

Half the maps have tons of errors.

• I’ve re-enabled the beta forum, not sure why it wasn’t bought back yet.

• add to card 0.99$

zombg chivalrys ruined

As for customization, I really like this. I’m a bit concerned on how colorful some of the designs can be, but I’ll have to reserve full judgement until I see how it affects team play.

Currently, every time I play the beta, steam tries to install .net framework, despite me already having it. If I get around this by using the batch file, I can’t play multiplayer. This should be the number 1 priority on the fix list. While customization has caused a plethora of other visual bugs (such as peasants with helmets and singleplayer tutorial npcs with black clothing), a bug that affects even getting into the game is the first thing that should be fixed.

• Global Moderator

@DerFürst:

add to card 0.99$

zombg chivalrys ruined

As for customization, I really like this. I’m a bit concerned on how colorful some of the designs can be, but I’ll have to reserve full judgement until I see how it affects team play.

Currently, every time I play the beta, steam tries to install .net framework, despite me already having it. If I get around this by using the batch file, I can’t play multiplayer. This should be the number 1 priority on the fix list. While customization has caused a plethora of other visual bugs (such as peasants with helmets and singleplayer tutorial npcs with black clothing), a bug that affects even getting into the game is the first thing that should be fixed.

NET framework 4.5 isn’t required for the main chivalry. So that won’t happen when they put it across.

Customisation doesn’t affect team play too much. You just have to remember that black is mason and white is agatha for the vanguards. As some people go all white or all black. We’ll get use to it. No one was complaining about teamkilling or wounding becuase of colours. And it actually makes it easier on battlegrounds as an archer with all that fog.

There’s two colours in not so sure on. The bright green and bright magenta. Those two colours are like neon.

They also have new bit names as well. Kimi the TK.

But we need a beta section again. So we can accurately document the bugs.

• Unlock the costumization at lvl10.
    unlock open helmet at lvl 20.

Unlcok peasant at lvl 30-40 and unlock all the weapon of the class TBs need to change the skin of the peasant, need to put piece of armor on the peasant knight, something which can make you understand what is the class of the peasant.

• @lemonater47:

Just push cancel when it asks. It will then launch the game.

It never asks to be restarted, it just restarts without any promt or notification. Suddenly it just wants to cancel all the processes and restart.

• @DerFürst:

add to card 0.99$

zombg chivalrys ruined.

How many times should I read that kind of bullshit ? Micro-transactions have never killed a game. It just gives some nice (but not mandatory) add-ons. Stop crying for God’s sake… =/

• Why is everyone complaining about the colors not being Teamfriendly? They are. It’s just so easy: Masons are dark, Agathians are bright. The colors are limited enough for both teams.
    The masons main colors are only some red tones and black. And agathas main colors are only white, blue and yellow (or gold)
    The other stuff that can have whatever color is so small, that it shouldn’t be disturbing at all. not even on big distances.

• @Junanagou:

@DerFürst:

add to card 0.99$

zombg chivalrys ruined.

How many times should I read that kind of bullshit ? Micro-transactions have never killed a game. It just gives some nice (but not mandatory) add-ons. Stop crying for God’s sake… =/

The joke’s on you, clown, for not understanding sarcastic humor.

• @Toll:

I don’t want to see an Army of hodge-podge Knights and MAA that look they just stole all their armour. I want to see a well forced unit.

See now, I feel the exact opposite. The lack of individuality in Chivalry is immersion breaking for me.

Medieval battlefields were not armies of clones. A knight didn’t wear a uniform, he wore his own custom made armor, and usually a surcoat or tabbard which was often intricately decorated. And he wore the coat of arms and colors of his house, or a personal emblem; sometimes the heraldry of his king or country would be worn alongside it, but a knight would never be exclusively identified as “an English Knight” or a “a French Knight”, they were knights of the house of X, or of the order of Y, or just Sir Whatshisname the guy with the pink unicorn emblem, because they could have whatever the hell emblem they wanted embroidered on their clothes and painted on their shields, because they were rich nobility and commanded respect even if their house’s coat of arms was a fluffy bunny.

And of course conscripted infantry were even less likely to wear their country’s heraldry. Obviously this was a time before mass production. Making uniforms for peasant infantry who were likely to die in their first battle wasn’t really a priority of any nation. They did generally wear the colors of their lord, of course, but it wasn’t exactly a uniform, it was pretty much just any old set of dyed peasant rags. It’d really only be the veteran soldiers well on their way to knighthood who would be sporting anything resembling the outfit of a medieval warrior as we picture it today. It wasn’t until the end of the Medieval era and the dawn of gunpowder that standardized uniforms began to appear.

Re: Trim color - we agree it’s too much and will be toning it down. The trim allows more color choices because it isn’t supposed to be that visible, but obviously for certain patterns it definitely is. FFA and duel customization will remain robust, because they’re game modes where you’re playing as an individual, and having that individual identity is always a plus even if it means some people will choose to run around in bright yellow armor.

Re: Unlocking customization/open helmet/no helmet/etc. - we never really intended rank to be more than just a number. We might create something like high rank helmet some day, but we want the customization to give you some nice options right away.

Re: Microtransactions - Chivalry’s going to be a year old soon, and after that much time sales obviously begin to taper off. Torn Banner isn’t a group of scattered individuals anymore, it’s a full-on business, with an office and a list of employees which is constantly growing. We obviously want to bring more content to the game, which is why we’re doing this patch to begin with, to get much requested features like SDK, customization and rcon into the hands of the players. But every business has expenses, and if we can’t keep making money, obviously we can’t keep providing content. Simple cosmetic things like helmets are something a lot of people are willing to drop a little bit of money on, and most people aren’t all that fussed about not having for free. Cosmetics are one of the better ways to keep income flowing from Chivalry so we can keep focusing on developing it further, otherwise we’d have to focus entirely on a new project to continue to make money. If it weren’t for microtransactions, games like Killing Floor wouldn’t still be receiving updates years after release. It’s just not economically viable.

We’ve said in the past that cosmetic DLC would be something we’d consider, and now that we’re adding customization it’s really the perfect time to try it. And as we’ve said before, we’ll never sell anything that effects gameplay like map packs or weapons with statistical differences, and we’ll price things appropriately for the work that goes into them, no $5 digital hats like some games seem to get away with.

• @SlyGoat:

@Toll:

I don’t want to see an Army of hodge-podge Knights and MAA that look they just stole all their armour. I want to see a well forced unit.

See now, I feel the exact opposite. The lack of individuality in Chivalry is immersion breaking for me.

Medieval battlefields were not armies of clones. A knight didn’t wear a uniform, he wore his own custom made armor, and usually a surcoat or tabbard which was often intricately decorated. And he wore the coat of arms and colors of his house, or a personal emblem; sometimes the heraldry of his king or country would be worn alongside it, but a knight would never be exclusively identified as “an English Knight” or a “a French Knight”, they were knights of the house of X, or of the order of Y, or just Sir Whatshisname the guy with the pink unicorn emblem, because they could have whatever the hell emblem they wanted embroidered on their clothes and painted on their shields, because they were rich nobility and commanded respect even if their house’s coat of arms was a fluffy bunny.

And of course conscripted infantry were even less likely to wear their country’s heraldry. Obviously this was a time before mass production. Making uniforms for peasant infantry who were likely to die in their first battle wasn’t really a priority of any nation. They did generally wear the colors of their lord, of course, but it wasn’t exactly a uniform, it was pretty much just any old set of dyed peasant rags. It’d really only be the veteran soldiers well on their way to knighthood who would be sporting anything resembling the outfit of a medieval warrior as we picture it today. It wasn’t until the end of the Medieval era and the dawn of gunpowder that standardized uniforms began to appear.

Re: Trim color - we agree it’s too much and will be toning it down. The trim allows more color choices because it isn’t supposed to be that visible, but obviously for certain patterns it definitely is. FFA and duel customization will remain robust, because they’re game modes where you’re playing as an individual, and having that individual identity is always a plus even if it means some people will choose to run around in bright yellow armor.

Re: Unlocking customization/open helmet/no helmet/etc. - we never really intended rank to be more than just a number. We might create something like high rank helmet some day, but we want the customization to give you some nice options right away.

Re: Microtransactions - Chivalry’s going to be a year old soon, and after that much time sales obviously begin to taper off. Torn Banner isn’t a group of scattered individuals anymore, it’s a full-on business, with an office and a list of employees which is constantly growing. We obviously want to bring more content to the game, which is why we’re doing this patch to begin with, to get much requested features like SDK, customization and rcon into the hands of the players. But every business has expenses, and if we can’t keep making money, obviously we can’t keep providing content. Simple cosmetic things like helmets are something a lot of people are willing to drop a little bit of money on, and most people aren’t all that fussed about not having for free. Cosmetics are one of the better ways to keep income flowing from Chivalry so we can keep focusing on developing it further, otherwise we’d have to focus entirely on a new project to continue to make money. If it weren’t for microtransactions, games like Killing Floor wouldn’t still be receiving updates years after release. It’s just not economically viable.

We’ve said in the past that cosmetic DLC would be something we’d consider, and now that we’re adding customization it’s really the perfect time to try it. And as we’ve said before, we’ll never sell anything that effects gameplay like map packs or weapons with statistical differences, and we’ll price things appropriately for the work that goes into them, no $5 digital hats like some games seem to get away with.

Thanks for this post, it enlightened me a bit more. :)

• @SlyGoat:

Trim color - we agree it’s too much and will be toning it down. The trim allows more color choices because it isn’t supposed to be that visible, but obviously for certain patterns it definitely is.

It’s not too much. It’s not even enough.
    If you nerf the colors now, cuztomization might aswell not happen.

Don’t listen to the boring people who wants everyone to look alike.

PLEASE :-)