Insalely high ping on 95% of servers

• Ever since the first steam sale when the game was like, 8 bucks, the servers have gone to absolute crap.
    I’ve had this game since about December 2012, and it was never like this.
    Even when I am the only one using my internet (Live alone in apartment, my own internet), nothing download at all, the game is just insanely lagging on most servers. Around 95% of the servers will have at least 200+ ping. Most of those that do not are all of the gametypes besides TO and TD. TO and TD, my two favourite gametypes, and almost always unplayable. I have to find servers that have low ping, the very few that do. When I do, it’s obvious that I’m not the only one with this issue because they are always flooded and all of the other servers that have high ping are completely empty.

Also live close to the official servers, yet they’re the most laggy. Most of the unlaggy servers are hosted by clans and stuff, but I hate playing with clannies because most of them just abuse OP weapons/techniques and usually are too stupid to put autobalance on their servers.

Any way to fix this, or do I just have to stop playing one of my favourite games? You’d think with all of the steam sales they’d be prepared for the influx of players, but holy god did they ever fail. Quit working on stuff like customizing and fix the netcode please. This is literally the only game I have ever played in my lifetime where I have had lag issues.

• I don’t think it’s related to chivalry :/

Have you tried updating your network card drivers? Might help

• I’m having this.
    After the updates most of the nearby (in my country) servers are with 200+ ping. Which renders the game unplayable. And one of my friends, who got the same internet provider as me, as well is having this problem. I don’t think it is related to our internet, since GVT (company’s name) is the best internet provider in my country (and downspeed and upspeed are the same nonetheless). Perhaps the update changed some settings I’m not aware of?

• @Frostgore:

I’m having this.
    After the updates most of the nearby (in my country) servers are with 200+ ping. Which renders the game unplayable. And one of my friends, who got the same internet provider as me, as well is having this problem. I don’t think it is related to our internet, since GVT (company’s name) is the best internet provider in my country (and downspeed and upspeed are the same nonetheless). Perhaps the update changed some settings I’m not aware of?

If you changed absolutely nothing, and the server’s became laggy, that’s the game’s fault. Like I said though, it’s literally the only game I’ve ever played in my existence where my internet is an issue at all. It’s just the game’s fault, that’s really it. They keep having steam sales over and over. They’re increasing the playerbase while working hard on updates, but they obviously can’t handle it. The servers that don’t lag are hosted externally, the clan ones. It’s the officials that are laggy, so it’s pretty obvious that it’s TB’s fault.

• Could be your ISPs fault.

What country do you live in.

And that goes for frostgore too. You might be from the same place and something might be happening there.

Ping wise its almost never the games fault. And its usually never your fault either.

• I’m from Brazil. And so is my friend.

• When the update happened I think your Server browser settings were reverted to default, so you may being seeing servers from other countries.

Make sure you have your filters set up correctly.

If they are and you are still having issues then get the IP address of a couple of servers you are sure are local and goto DOS prompt and type:

tracert<ip address="">
    example
    tracert 203.34.1.34

Copy and paste the results here.</ip>

• The ‘‘tracert’’ command is showing to be invalid to me.
    Therefore I cound’t get any results, but I schreenshotted the servers’ list showing the unusal high ping.
    Direct link: http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1893/yzbq.jpg

All of those that were high-lighted are from Brazil and, before the update, I had 50- ping on everyone of those.

• Well for starters, use the server filter and limit it to <200ms.

Also, just because it happened around the same time as the patch doesn’t mean it was the patch. It could just be shear unluckiness.
    Is your internet throttled at all?

What O/S are you using, tracert should work. Your doing in a DOS prompt yeah, not in the search bar?

• Ok. I got a little confused there, I was trying to use that command on the Chivalrys console commands, thats why it didnt work. Im at work at the moment, as soon as I get home Ill try the command again. And, the only playable servers are those two from the top (on the screenshot), one is from Argentina and the other is always empty. There is no other good server. And about the internet. It isnt throttled at all, not a single bit. If anything, I receive more than what I pay for, like getting 16ish mb spikes out of my 15mb limit.

Edit
    Another possibility would be the servershosting devices (or whatever its called) being relocated to places where my internet struggles more to reach. Which is really weird, for pretty much all of the servers did that. Also, is there a way to see that?

On another note, I performed several tests on SpeedTest.com to see my Downspeed and Upspeed as well as the Ping on several brazillian hosting parties, and none of them showed bad results, always 60- ping and 15mb+ of downspeed and 1mp of upspeed.

EDIT:

Here are the tracert thingy results: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/9960/wzg4.jpg
    And one test on an american server: http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/58/ngz8.jpg
    I’d figure you can work the text out, but if you want I could translate it.

• I’m having the same problem, Frostgore. Same country, internet, high-ping servers, and God knows what more. Its not just a coincidence.

• @praetorian:

I’m having the same problem, Frostgore. Same country, internet, high-ping servers, and God knows what more. Its not just a coincidence.

Sad thing is I live in Canada, where Torn Banner are from (Live about 45 minutes from Toronto, moving there in August), live close to them, yet such crap connections on their game only.

• Well if you look at your tracert, Hop 7 is for a telesp.net.br which is owned by Telefonica, a hosting company.

The problem lays with them. You can try contact them and see if you resolve it with them.

If the problem persists then send a message to TB asking them to reconsider their hosting company for Brazilian servers and show them evidence of the reason and Telefonica not attempting to fix it (if they don’t) translate it to English.

• The brazilian servers are solely hosted by me (onesizefitsall on this forum, [S.S.S.]Coldfire on Steam) and I am not subsidized by TBS or affiliated with them in any form. I do it from my own pocket, and both mine servers as BloodCulture which is also from brazil are having high ping for you. GVT must be having some issues lately, but nothing that I can change or help with.

• GVT must be having some issues lately, but nothing that I can change or help with.

So there weren’t any changes related to the servers’ hosting?
    It sure looks like GVT’s got some issues then (since there are more people with the same problem), but what bugs me is that every test I performed on Brazillians servers on speedtest.com showed no bad results. Do you have any possible solution for this? Or how I could inquire my internet provider to solve this issue? (I find it hard to believe the company could do something about it, tbh).

EDIT: And it’s solved.
    It seems GVT fixed the problem, everyone I know no longer have problems.

Smileyface.