Your opinions on the claymore - postpatch?

• Hi everyone.
    I’ve changed my mind about the claymore now. I always thought: Well it’s fast but they shortened it, so it’s okay. But today I played the claymore myself and… My new opinion: IT’S OP!
    All I did was: Stab, stab, stab = enemy’s attacks interrupted and death.
    Also: They said the range was lowered. I looked into it. It’s range is almost as long as the greatsword, on paper, but actually… I fought against someone wielding the greatsword. He stabbed, I slashed. His stab didn’t connect, my slash did. So the claymores slash does have more range than the greatswords stab??? Holy crap.
    The claymore needs to get nerfed in my opinion. It should get slower or shorter. One of both. I think it should get slower and keep it’s range, cause the Vanguard is a high-range melee class.

Your opinions?

• It’s pretty clear-cut that it’s too powerful, haven’t heard much different from the community.

• All I can say is all Vanguards should enjoy it while they can before it gets inevitably nerfed. It’s bullshit solidified into steel.

• @magilla:

It’s pretty clear-cut that it’s too powerful, haven’t heard much different from the community.

Yep. First I thought: “They’re all just whiners.” but now I agree with everyone complaining about the claymore. Too fast for that reach. It’s like an maa or archer with a twohander.

• It’s the only viable tool they have against MaAs, and it sucks bad against vanguards and knights who can hit trade you and kill you in 2 hits while you take 3-4 to kill them. Sure you can 2 stab vanguards but most people won’t let you get 2 stabs in since you can’t combo stabs.

I like the old one more. It offered variety when I was bored of the greatsword and was much better against vanguards and knights. I like having something to have a slight hope against MaAs with, but it’s not the “nerf/remake” to MaAs that they need.

• It’s not as good as most of whiners say.

• I’m surprise they didn’t reduce the speed a little for this patch, cause it’s a little bit to fast, but i wouldn’t call it OP, it is strong for sure, for me it’s a far better setup than actual knight/sow and longsword, but overall it is acceptable not super OP.

In the other hand we have the brandi, who is really ridiculously strong, now it’s a noob weapon, spam the insta slash, easy block everything in recovery, fast attack, high reach, high damage, really totally unbalanced, they are really crazy or stupid for let the weapon like this (the spear in general to, but the brandi is worse)

Sure you can 2 stab vanguards but most people won’t let you get 2 stabs in since you can’t combo stabs.

Stab, unreadable overhead combo feint, stab, this work a lot even vs really good vanguard.

• @rumpelstiltskin:

It’s not as good as most of whiners say.

“I abuse the hell out of the claymore. You’re all whiners for not not liking something that I like”

• The Claymore is fine because it’s pretty poor vs knights, other vanguards can use longer weapons, and it’s one of the only vg vs maa weapons they have. The only reason people are whining is because they haven’t adapted to its speed and therefore don’t know how to parry it as well.

It was funny though, on a duel server, has some clannies ragequit because i killed them once with it.

• @Goden:

@rumpelstiltskin:

It’s not as good as most of whiners say.

“I abuse the hell out of the claymore. You’re all whiners for not not liking something that I like”

If you’re havin’ claymore problems I feel bad for you scrub,
    I got 99 problems but claymore ain’t one.
    Hit me!

• It’s annoying, overpowered and unrealistically fast. It’s actually stopped me from being able to use the morning star, since it’s actually slower than the claymore.

• The Carolean’s Prayer-

Fader var som ar i himmelen, Nerf dat claymore,
    Ditt namn tillkomme ditt rike ske din vilja.
    Ge oss brod och idag och forlat oss varan skuld och balance dat claymore.

Translation:

Father was who are in heaven, Nerf dat claymore,
    Your name Thy kingdom come thy will be done.
    Give us bread, and forgive us today our product debt and balance dat claymore.

Love incorporating Sabaton songs into my posts. But seriously, that claymore is really hard to counter. And the bearded ax is a bit fishy too, but that’s a topic for another post.

• Far too fast. Would prefer it be slower and more powerful, than fast and weak.

Vanguard weapons should be wide sweeping, very slow, hard hitting.

Knights should be slow, less wide range, good damage, very combo’able.

• In combination with the additional knockback from vanguards causing a lot of my parry counters to be out of range, even without the vanguard moving back… it’s a bit silly, yes. The stabs aren’t the issue though (besides perhaps slightly excessive dragging but I’m not even certain about that). No, it’s the nearly instant overheads with poor animation that need to be fixed.

• Why the infamous black shit did they beef it up anyway? And why so incredible brutaly strong?
    That wasnt a simple buff, hell, its an overhauling hugeass buff. Not that I have much probs with it, but you are doomed if a noob actually feints with it.
    Such a fucking huge speed buff for no reason.
    Same thing to the billhook or whatever its called. More damage. and its slash is incredible fast it isnt even in harmony with any of its other attacks. It feels incredible unnatural.
    WTF is actually wrong with TBS? Who wanted such sudden changes?

• The claymore would probably be the only weapon I would ban from competitive play. It is so blindingly fast that I can only assume that the values for the weapon were inputted incorrectly by the devs. Fun to use though.

• In duels its not that good compared to the greatsword, its windup values are like the same as the GS, its release is lightning quick though allowing you to get more shots in via combo. Its only good against the MAA and I don’t have a problem with that.

• It’s often too fast to interrupt, this means that you’ll have to wait to block an attack and then riposte immediately afterwards, or you’ve got to hope that the person swinging the claymore so wildly will miss so you take a gamble and attack at the same time he does.

It’s like fighting a dagger that also has an advantage in reach.

• The Claymore is a pub-stomping weapon pure and simple, much like the Bearded Axe. Their usefulness vs good players isn’t that good. The Bearded axe’s range and slow windup is an easily exploited weakness and the Claymore tends to do less than desirable damage and you can hit trade FTW as a knight, using the Ziew as a vanguard and drag them to death.

Pretty much any weapon as MAA will beat the Claymore, the Quarterstaff is great for that ;)

So yeah, these weapons are a bit OP in the sense that they excel at killing medium->low level players, simply because their release speed is too fast for players only learning the game to get their parry up in time, every time.

• @BobT36:

Far too fast. Would prefer it be slower and more powerful, than fast and weak.

Vanguard weapons should be wide sweeping, very slow, hard hitting.

Knights should be slow, less wide range, good damage, very combo’able.

Good criteria for both classes. Now why does the greatsword have the edge over the longsword in every way post-patch?

On topic: the claymore is retarded. It’s a 2hander with 1hander qualities + range.