A silly suggestion, wanted to hear thoughts

• Hey everyone reading.

Last night I was enjoying a few late night matches with one of my good friends, and we got to talking about the old days of charging about, screaming and cheering. The silly things that really helped give Chivalry its allure.

I am far from the realm of coding knowledge, but I thought of something funny that maybe the developers would consider implementing. Melee combat just down right makes people want to compete, and when you compete, you want to gloat. I thought of this: what if you made enemy heads, or limbs or something, a grabbable item after killing them. Like a flag. Then make the head throwable/limb swingable, whatever. I’ve never seen anything like that in a game, but in my opinion it fits the competitive nature so well, and we already have exploding heads.

I would of course make these items a hindrance to carry, or just solely for fun. A statement to say “I just killed your buddy; now I’m coming for you.”

Thoughts/additions?

• @magilla:

Hey everyone reading.

Last night I was enjoying a few late night matches with one of my good friends, and we got to talking about the old days of charging about, screaming and cheering. The silly things that really helped give Chivalry its allure.

I am far from the realm of coding knowledge, but I thought of something funny that maybe the developers would consider implementing. Melee combat just down right makes people want to compete, and when you compete, you want to gloat. I thought of this: what if you made enemy heads, or limbs or something, a grabbable item after killing them. Like a flag. Then make the head throwable/limb swingable, whatever. I’ve never seen anything like that in a game, but in my opinion it fits the competitive nature so well, and we already have exploding heads.

I would of course make these items a hindrance to carry, or just solely for fun. A statement to say “I just killed your buddy; now I’m coming for you.”

Thoughts/additions?

There was actually at least one game that let you do this, with both heads and arms, called Rune. The expansion even had a gamemode called “headball”, which was basically basketball with a severed head.

[image:3vmokghv]http://s9.postimg.org/tq1gc3ntb/enemyhead.png[/image:3vmokghv]
    (That’s a player making a taunt action with an enemy’s head in his right hand, even though that might not be immediately obvious due to the old graphics)
    Perhaps a more general note is that it would also be nice if you could pick up the weapons of your fallen comrades or enemies. Being able to pick up heads and limbs would be a suitable extension of that.

• I had initially thought of picking up the weapons. I had to stop and consider all of the balance issues with that though, with this being such a class based game. I definitely think it would be cool, though.

• that game also looks pretty cool, actually.

• Well, you already can play a little with a severed head in chivalry, or sit consecutively on it… but yeah nothing more. Could be a nice idea.
    Just press “E” to pick up head/arm/leg in your hands and automaticly do a battlecry animation could be a start :)