I can't stand the patch any longer..

• Basically it seems like:

Archer and Vanguard too good.

MAA and Knight too bad.

Pre-patch i used to be really good with an MAA with throwing knives and a morningstar, or a Knight with a Maul.

Now in almost every scenario, it just seems like an all around better idea to just use a greatsword, zwie, or claymore with the vanguard.

1v2, 1v3, 1v4, 1v5 combat is horrible now. No matter how many times i used to be able to pull an epic last stand victory by myself and win a game of LTS, it just seems downright impossible now.

Playstyles seem limited now, MAA is useless, Knight is a shadow of its former self…this game does advertise diverse playstyles on its main website, does it not? It used to have this aspect pre-patch, at least vastly more so.

And then there are some of the bugs that came with the patch, to top off the sundae.

My points probably suck and aren’t very detailed or specific, but my brain is all frazzled from raging in the public servers about this stuff. I never thought i would be making one of these threads about this patch. I was always saying, “it’s not that bad, i don’t know what you are complaining about, look, i’m doing fine with MAA!” Yeah, in a duel… At first when i was beta testing it, i didnt notice some of the things i would later hate, because i thought some of the weapon changes were neat, or sort of interesting at least, and it was just a little entertaining to have a slightly different flavor of chivalry. At first. Now i’m just sorely missing the old game.

And then there is an entirely seperate problem, that is probably even worse than the entire patch combined. I, and many other people, have put 500+ hours into this game. I, and many others have bought this for friends. Yet, 8 months after release, torn banner just flips the whole game upside down. Hexen has already ragged on this point, and i highly agree with him on it. It’s just not fair to the veteran players.

Sigh…what are we gonna do, guys?

• Pro mod should be coming out soon! Hang in there man.

• :(

• I’d rather mods splitting the community to not be the only solution to this problem. :/

• @SFJake:

I’d rather mods splitting the community to not be the only solution to this problem. :/

Yeah but at this point in time after the patch was released it looks like TBS are not going to revert. No chance.

• Same, i really am cringing at the fact that the community is going to be split by a mod…argh i hope it doesn’t turn out to be so :/ Well, if nothing changes in the end, still big props to TBS, allowing modification in their game…

• I haven’t given up on TBS…yet…

• IDK about you, but one of our knights, SiN is still topping charts in scrims. I’m still doing well as a MAA. Sure, some weapon imbalances have come up for vanguards now, but I’m sure those will be fixed.

• I don’t know what game the OP is playing. But the MAA is still good. And knight with a maul is even better than before.

And I can still do a good fight with multiple targets. Duck, target asich and making them hit each other.

I suppose I’m an adaptive pub FFA player.

• Is the game really so bad that it needs to be reverted? I like what RK Dubjay says on his steam profile (yes, some of us read those >.>) “You improvise, You adapt, You overcome. Don’t whine, Don’t complain, Don’t make excuses.”….This being said, I understand offering up criticism in order to make the game better. But is whining and making a mod to essentially replace the game you play really constructive criticism? I’m not sure tbh. Time will tell. I would still like to see what this “Promod” is all about, however I’m not giving up faith in TBS.

• I’m sorry, but.

Seeing the title of this thread makes me think OP is contemplating suicide.

I can’t.

• Fortunately the recent hotfix seems to have fixed a number of the issues. I’m finding the game quite a bit more fun, although the balance is still somewhat screwed up the wazoo. No longer am I dying quite so easily as a Man At Arms.

That being said, this is a bit of a troubled time in the game’s development - after a very rocky and incomplete patch, we’ll have to suffer through several more hotfixes. Don’t give up on the game just yet. The first hotfix was very quick, the next ones should be out soon.

• @Jstorm:

Pro mod should be coming out soon! Hang in there man.

Then everyone can go knight + SOW and the game will be balanced competitively.

• @gregcau:

@Jstorm:

Pro mod should be coming out soon! Hang in there man.

Then everyone can go knight + SOW and the game will be balanced competitively.

That’s the one and only thing I’m dreading about :(

• Apparently MAAs are both awful and flavor of the patch right now if the entire forum is to be believed.

• @lazygecko:

Apparently MAAs are both awful and flavor of the patch right now if the entire forum is to be believed.

Not surprising since MAA was made even more unfun to fight.

• @lazygecko:

Apparently MAAs are both awful and flavor of the patch right now if the entire forum is to be believed.

Once again, another opinion based on duels.

• Yeah, maa is only viable in duels, and duels aren’t even what the game is supposed to be about (although i know some people who only duel…)

• This is just annoying. The patch was in beta for a month or even more and everyone was ok with it. Patch comes out and everyone is pissed. I did not like it the first day myself but I decided that I just need to adapt to new patch and it will be fine. So I did and 1vs5 is still possible now, I do not feel like my class got that much of a buff either with my set up cause gs knock back does not do anything and a knight with one handed sword can close in with a stab after blocking my attack easily. No class got nerfed that bad as people make it sound. How do I know? As I said above, I did not like the patch the first day, I did horrible. Still I picked up knight with long sword in duels that day, I don’t play knights much, and I got 8/2 score. Maa is still good, some will even argue that the class is too good in 1 on 1.
    The whole promod, I am not sure how I feel about this. How will mods like that even work? This seem like it will split the community and thats not something I would like to go down. And they speak about that mod as if it will be a relief, why? Does everyone really thinks that maa having reach of vanguard with dodge attacks and knight having speed of maa with chase mechanics is fine? I don’t think so, those things that should have been fixed. I am not saying that patch is perfect but I am tired of seeing how people complain cause sow got nerfed and killing takes just a little more effort. How about try fighting maa with vanguard gs, without feints and still win? And not complain how the most op weapon in game got nerfed.

• @Sciffer:

This is just annoying. The patch was in beta for a month

The beta patch was actually out for around a week. The entire month before TB decided to lace every beta version with terrible mechanics and changes that nobody could stand.

The amount of playtime to test the beta that was going live was nowhere near what it needed to be.