MAAs,MAAs Everywhere.

• MAAs are way too powerful in 1v1 situations.
    oh no he didnt
    I went on a FFA duel server today,as Knight(my main,along with vanguard),there were 6 MAAs,2 VGs and only one knight(me).
    Now,the numbers alone didn’t surprise me,so i went on to duel,i finished that map with a score of 8/5 which is pretty sad for my standards.
    Most of the fights i was trying to catch-up to backdoge-attack MAAs until i run out of stamina,and i until i get dazzed and ultimately killed.(now these weren’t some very skilled MAAs,around rank 35).
    So when i got sick of this,i started the new map with a MAA+broadsword spec.Finished the map with 13/1 and loads of people crying how i exploit broadsword (the same people that were beating me a map ago).
    Note: I put in probably around 10 hours of gameplay in MAA out of my 700.So it’s not like i play with this class on a regular basis,been playing it a lot more since the patch,though.
    So when the map finished and everybody started fisting each other,I covered in blood of my foes and hearing desperate cries of OPness,taught to myself,for the first time,since i bought this game: “Man,i seriously wish this class didn’t exist”,so i just ALT + F4. (what a twist)

• MAAs are supposed to be powerful in 1V1 situations.

MAAs in a clusterfuck suck dicks.

And not very skilled MAAs at rank 35? You have only 10 hours playing the class.

Skill is measured by their actual skill not their rank.

With an MAA and swords you always have to look a bit to the left of all their attacks (provided they don’t do an alt LMB). Then you counter attack them with lookdowns and stabs.

Also swing and miss combo. You almost always get a hit and usually you interrupt their attack. That’s if they are far away. As they will rush in and windup only to get hit by your attack.

MAAs are 1v1 champs by design. You just have to keep your distance, don’t let them combo and bait them into getting hit. Hard to do but you can really up your chances against the man at arms. Even skilled ones will fall for a trick or two at least once.

Edit: fixed my iPhones refused to speak English.

• @lemonater47:

~Very valid points~

+1

OP is just whining because he’s been beaten a few times by the sound of things.

• @wyrda78:

@lemonater47:

~Very valid points~

+1

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying because part of his point is that he used the class to kick ass himself.

I disagree that the class is OP, but I agree that the class isn’t as high skilled as some people make out.

• @Dr:

@wyrda78:

@lemonater47:

~Very valid points~

+1

I don’t think that’s what he’s saying because part of his point is that he used the class to kick ass himself.

I disagree that the class is OP, but I agree that the class isn’t as high skilled as some people make out.

MAA has no in between.

You can’t be just average with it.

You either suck at it or you good at it.

Once an MAA gets an advantage it can very quickly kill a target. If a man at arms catches you without you knowing your screwed. You prett much have to hope they screw up.

And its really hard to duck a 1H weapons for some reasons. Harder to duck than fists or a two hander.

• People will often have issues with classes reliant on speed in online games. Netcode is never perfect and relies on built in client corrections to make it seem visibly smooth in times when it should be warping. The more speed based MAAs are, the more cries of bullcrap will exist, especially in a melee oriented game where twitch and reliable hit detection are critical.

MMOs have burst DPS, Dota has combos, StarCraft has micro, FPSes have headshots, and Chivalry has twitch. Overwhelming your enemy’s ability to do anything in an online game by acting quicker than he can handle (or receive updates for) has always been a staple of Player vs Player combat. Heck, Mortal Kombat had notorious issues on Xbox Live with certain characters having uncounterable attacks and an infinite combo because of response time delay.

• @lemonater47:

MAAs are supposed to be powerful in 1V1 situations.

With an MAA and swords you always have to look a bit to the left of all their attacks (provided they don’t do an alt LMB). Then you counter attack them with lookdowns and stabs.

Also swing and miss combo. You almost always get a hit and usually you interrupt their attack. That’s if they are far away. As they will rush in and windup only to get hit by your attack.

MAAs are 1v1 champs by design. You just have to keep your distance, don’t let them combo and bait them into getting hit. Hard to do but you can really up your chances against the man at arms. Even skilled ones will fall for a trick or two at least once.

I’ve said this in another thread, but the game is built around 1vs1s, so no class should be “made for 1vs1.” MaAs do not suck in big fights any more than any other. Every class sucks in big fights. When was the last time you were playing knight or vanguard and actually went with a big group of your random team mates and stayed close to all of them the whole game? You don’t, because you get TK’d and you can’t do your job well. So everyone who’s skilled tends to avoid team mates to a certain degree and try to divide and conquer and 1vs1 their way to victory. That’s how you play Chivalry. There is no excuse for how good MaAs are right now, there is no beating them outside waiting for them to make a mistake or playing archer or also playing MaA. Even if you come at them with multiple team mates, team mates are always nothing but a liability and the fact that they require multiple resources just to be on even grounds with is by definition OP. I’ve been saying this for months now, and now MaAs are even more OP.

Every class should have an equal chance of winning against any other class in any situation (outside archers, but that’s a whole different discussion). It should come down to skill and weapon choice/setup/strategy in some scenarios. When combo feint parry was removed, it shut down how much space knights and vanguards were able to “control” to keep MaAs pressured about getting hit traded. The game became more defensive and slow paced, which is how every good MaA always played. It’s boring and anti-fun having to sit there and stare at each other for 10 minutes waiting for the MaA to be bad and stop being defensive, only to have his entire team show up and kill you or force you to run away. You will never get in his range especially without the chase code now and his speed buffs, so there’s no point in ever trying to swing. It will only get you killed. Obviously clan battles are different.

• The game isn’t built for 1v1. Its built for TO. Torn banner said that I don’t make it up.

I play on oceanic servers so we have a smaller community. As such players all more or less know who each other is so we do to rushing off together as a team. There’s a sense of teamwork when your with a group.

And I just gave tips on how to not get obliterated by a man at arms. Things that I see no one else but me do. Works out for me.

And others are saying the the man at arms sucks really bad.

Adapt. Trial and error.

• I find MAAs better for multiple opponents, not worse… true, if you screw up you die, but if you hear the beginning of a swing to your right, there’s no need to parry, you can dodge left. You can dodge past people to suddenly put them all behind you, then spin around so they’re all in front of you, and you can see what’s coming at you. Your lightning-quick weaponry can hit people as you pass them in the armpit, and wear individuals down, running to the flank of the ground to take them on one at a time.

Of course, the real, most present reason MAA is better for that kind of situation is if you have three or four attacks coming in all at the same time, parrying is near impossible… but if you dodge, you dodge all of the attacks!

• @Jetman123:

I find MAAs better for multiple opponents, not worse… true, if you screw up you die, but if you hear the beginning of a swing to your right, there’s no need to parry, you can dodge left. You can dodge past people to suddenly put them all behind you, then spin around so they’re all in front of you, and you can see what’s coming at you. Your lightning-quick weaponry can hit people as you pass them in the armpit, and wear individuals down, running to the flank of the ground to take them on one at a time.

Of course, the real, most present reason MAA is better for that kind of situation is if you have three or four attacks coming in all at the same time, parrying is near impossible… but if you dodge, you dodge all of the attacks!

You could always do that. Never said that got worse vs multiple opponents. They are just more suited to 1v1. As attacking multiple targets usually gets them killed as they have to be close and as they attack one guy they get several weapons to the back.

• Don’t worry Shard, MaA are already heavily discussed in the council forums and will most likely see a change sooner or later. I agree that the current “press backdodge for free hit” has to go. I even complained about the exact same problem ( viewtopic.php?f=89&t=14736 ) about a week before the last patch was released. But TB wanted to release the patch, not caring for the remaining big issues :/

• maa is not op and from the last nerf the nerf council rolled out totaly ruined the class.

not being able to attack while dodging is a fucking joke, like every other nerf that happens, just slowing down this already slow buggy beta of a game.

u cant whine op when u play the fastest class against the slowest class, thats just ridicolous.

like the others said maa is fast so keep your distance, and adapt and use his speed to your advantage.

its ridicolous that the dodge and attack got nerf cause like what can u even dodge on a walking through molasis regular server anyway, like 3 times, whoopty fucking do! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

its hilarious to watch the chivalry comunity whine op op waaaa waaa waaa
    when they get beat by a fucking 3ft 6inch midget with 2 foot weapons, yet they run around as vans and knights and chop the maa and archers down in 1 hit, u guys are too much i swear.

but lets buff the zweihander right, lmao are u kidding me!

on my server we play a much more hardcore fast pace with lots of awesome mods, we have a mod for unlimited stamina also, and no 1 ever whined about the dodge attacks.

the ppl that come on these forums and whine about the most ridicolous shit is op, and bam the game sucks a whole more!

NERF NERF NERF, the council has spoken!

• Well i completely agree with Mithron’s post and Falc’s thread.
    Lemonater,you do realize that this game isn’t what the devs claim it to be IN ANY ASPECT.
    So if they say: “It’s a TO oriented game”,chances are,it’s going to be the complete oposite of that.
    Why should MAA’s have the upper hand in 1v1 ? It just doesn’t make sense.
    Have you ever heard a tale about the medieval times where : A hobo with leather armor and toothpicks bested a plate armor knight.
    You didn’t,cause nobody was stupid enough to write such nonsense.
    And the funny thing is,not only do they best knights,they best knights who are way out of their league,just cause of the mechanics they got available to themselves.
    I am sorry but that’s just poopoo kaka slapped together.
    And,i believe you misinterpreted the whole point i was making,this wasn’t a thread where i am raging that MAAs rape me,this is a thread that obviously says: This is a piss easy class,even a rookie who has 10 hours in the class can RAPE EVERYONE. (btw your tips are horrible,would love to duel you with MAA,while you try that.)
    And in reply to Warsaw:
    Honestly,at first i taught you were joking.
    Your post is the kind of post that’s the plague and cancer of this forum.
    Players who don’t know what i am talking about here,should not post on this thread.
    And if you truly perceive this patch as a : “MaA Nerf”,then i am sorry to say,but you don’t know anything about this game or it’s mechanics.

• There is only 2 way to balance maa :

-revert everything to CU1
    -fix alt attacks
    -put the same speed for every side dodge (500)
    -add a 0.8 cooldown after a dodge

It is the best way, all the nerf they made from here are useless, you can still spam dodge, still almost attack while dodge, they are just some shit like nododge while flinch or no dodge after a block (not when you block, nice joke) who just reduce the skill ceiling of the class and make it a little bit more harder in .teamfight.(sprint lock out to)

The cooldown is the best, cause this didn’t restrict anything, you can still dodge forward attack, but you have to be careful, cause you can’t immediatly dodge backward after it, so this, this force people to use their brain and put the dodge more in a “last chance for avoid the attack” than a “i use it everytime”

Second option, i like it to :

-revert everything to CU1
    -fix alt attacks
    -put the same speed for every side dodge (500)
    -REMOVE THE DODGE
    -Raise the base speed by 15/20%
    -REMOVE SHIELD FOR MAA (otherwise it will be OP and the easy way to play maa)
    -higher jump

Like this maa could be a class who avoid attack by footwork, movement suchs as duck, jump, and deliver quick hit, this would make sens.

Just for information i have almost 750h as a main maa :>

• thats funny cause i have way over 2000 hours playing this game and im level 53 and run the most hardcore fast paced action modded server u can find in this panzy infested game!

and the only way i ever get beat by maa’s is due to tornbanners buggy flawed fighting mechanic and that their swings are faster then ones flinch recovery.

as i have stated before that is the cause of all your guys whining whether u want to admit it or not.

now if u could defend yourselves against their fast attacks all the stupid fucking nerfs wouldnt be neccasary, cause stuff wouldnt seem op and neither would a 3 ft 6inch midget with a 2 ft weapon,
    if u could block his 2nd attack after he flinches u.

but u cannot so here were are left with a nerfed down class and shitty buggy delay infested gameplay, all to cater to a bunch of whiners, when all yall need to look in the mirror and repeat after me
    “the problem is the flinch recovery, not my lack of skill or a 3ft 6 midget.it is the flinches recovery time that ruins the game making everything seem op”

the sooner yall wake up and fix this issue the sooner u might be looked at as a respectable company and not be the laughing stock of gaming, with all your stupid nerfs and buggy gameplay.
    yet u are blind to the main problem thats right in front of u and happens every time u enter a battle!

all you guys are is a bunch of fools using a majorly flawed system against one another, then whining about stuff that isnt even close to the root of the whole problem with this game,
    not being able to defend yourself in a fight, thus making everything seem op to any newb or pro!

• @lemonater47:

Give me a MAA, a 1h and a shield. Ill get 1 place in FFA. Ill get 1 place with every class except archer (sometimes)
    But they are INCREDIBLE powerfull in 1v1 situations. BUT. It isnt the class itself, its more the 1h weapons. Combined with dodge and gread speed the MAA has it boosts the already superior 1h to a weapon made by the gods. With the recent nerf in Knights 2h weapon (good job for that nerf no one asked for tbs) the 1h arsenal became a more lot stronger (they actually were before). Therefor people prefer 1h more now. And what works best with 1h? Exactly, MAA. The broken hit tracers, that speed, the damage makes the 1h incredible deadly. The only thing that could make people spread apart all classes would be a nerf across all 1h weapons. At least that godawful idiotic hitracer needs to be reworked.
    This patch had incredible stupid things changed, which didnt really surprise me looking at tbs.
    Longsword/Sow nerf, weird ass spear changes, claymores 1h speed buff etc.
    Honestly the only 2h weapon I prefer with knight is the messer.

• @lemonater47:

BLARGAFLARGA.

You are… so wrong on everything. Every class sucks when up against multiple opponents. When the enemy is incompetent, any class can take advantage of them. Knights with their HP and decent range, vanguards with their reach and damage, and MaA’s with their speed and dodge. Archers are kinda fucked no matter what.

• @lemonater47:

I’m using that tactic. Works quite well on MAA that are not way better than me. It needs practice and experience.

• @Dr:

It’s still anecdotal evidence. A good knight who knows how to fight a MAA still gives me a difficult time. Good thing not many have adapted yet :D

• All these changes to MAA were unnecessary. Revert MAA’s back to last version and with the fixed alt swing. Give dodge a slight cooldown and remove all these stupid restrictions on when you can use it. Because of this one change you have entirely changed the MAA class. No longer can we engage in group battles with the ability to dodge out of danger. Every hit throws us into a flinch now which renders dodge unusable. This is a team game, please give us back the ability to engage in larger battles rather than having to hover on the perimeter.