Knight Class

• I don’t really see any point any longer to use any other weapon besides the maul now. With the way that the parries changed to where you can parry in recovery but not combo feint to parry… most if not all fights now seem to be 1 swing - parry battles. Yeah the other guy can feint… but it’s pretty easy for me to read now, i think most long time duelists may agree with me there…

So what does that mean? Well… basically just throw overhands and parry when they attack… you’ll drain their stamina faster and the maul can 1 shot anything, and i have not missed that many headshots to be honest especially with that 2 second stun. I think in that time i can miss a swing, run forward and drag an overhead before they can parry lmao. I think in my entire post patch maul usage i’ve probably landed about 80% headshots.

To me, there’s no other weapon than the maul for knights now… as far as primary goes. Then if you need the speed, pull out the broadsword or w/e. Plus, you can kill a vanguard while they’re charge attacking :)

TL:DR: No reason to use anything other than maul for knight class. I’m basically saying the patch ruined every other weapon for me just based on this information.

• I didn’t mind the fact that all classes can be one hit by a maul to the head now but the stam drain is just too much.

Yeah maul wins purely because of stam drain, especially on shield users.

• I use the messer and long sword still. I never used the messer much before hand. Long sword is still alright.

Just the sword of war. That’s the problem.

And I suck shit with the maul but that’s just me.

• @clayton-bigsby:

I don’t really see any point any longer to use any other weapon besides the maul now. With the way that the parries changed to where you can parry in recovery but not combo feint to parry… most if not all fights now seem to be 1 swing - parry battles. Yeah the other guy can feint… but it’s pretty easy for me to read now, i think most long time duelists may agree with me there…

So what does that mean? Well… basically just throw overhands and parry when they attack… you’ll drain their stamina faster and the maul can 1 shot anything, and i have not missed that many headshots to be honest especially with that 2 second stun. I think in that time i can miss a swing, run forward and drag an overhead before they can parry lmao. I think in my entire post patch maul usage i’ve probably landed about 80% headshots.

To me, there’s no other weapon than the maul for knights now… as far as primary goes. Then if you need the speed, pull out the broadsword or w/e. Plus, you can kill a vanguard while they’re charge attacking :)

TL:DR: No reason to use anything other than maul for knight class. I’m basically saying the patch ruined every other weapon for me just based on this information.

I feel almost exactly the same as you. In good hands the maul is more powerful than any other knight weapon, besides that the broadsword can also do a lot of work.
    Personally that doesnt stop me from playing other weapons but the maul is now my number one pick in TO. It´s crazy good! :)

• @lemonater47:

Just the sword of war. That’s the problem.

Yeah, the SoW went from being the best killing machine into a complete trash. It´s not worth using atm, it doesn´t have speed, dmg or reach…

• Maybe keep the mauls damage and make it where:

2 overheads= Stamina Drained
    3 swings= Stamina Drained
    4 stabs= Stamina Drained

I don’t know, maybe this might work.

In reality, two overheads would most likely be enough to drain a human with a maul but then again this game is non-realistic in many aspects. :?

• Protip: Don’t parry the Maul more than once. You can’t afford it. Oh and keep your head out of reach of it.

Haven’t being playing much Knight since new patch but I’ve certainly been surprised when on the receiving end of the Maul now.

Meh, I like it now surprisingly. It’s no longer a joke weapon.

• Been surprised once or twice by it but I didn’t find the Maul to be a threatening weapon.

Well, I guess to be honest, I don’t find Knights to be a threatening class now.

• Uhh… dunno what game you guys are playing but the Longsword and Sword of War are pretty much the same thing now. Which was intended. If you like the swords so much, play a Vanguard. Greatsword is the longsword pre-patch. Claymore is a retarded Sword of War.

• Pretty sure TB wanted some defining factors to each weapon that made them different from the others. I don’t think they ever intended nor wanted Sword of War and Longsword to be respectively the same weapon.

Not that I’m saying they are. Sword of War will always be for stabs while Longsword will always be for overheads.

• i don’t use the sow or longsword because of the damage nerfs, speed is okay, but i’d def take a maul over the longsword because they’re not THAT much slower to make a difference to my playstyle, and the SoW just doesn’t do the damage that it used to any more.

I’ll still use some other weapons from time to time, but if i want to be a destructive force, i’ll use the maul. To the one up there that said it’s not a threatening weapon… you may not have seen a good maulist yet lol.

For the 2 over, 3 slash, 4 poke stam drain guy… no, i disagree with that. If you used a maul in real life you would probably not hold it by the bottom the whole time while swinging, you’d hold it by the head, throw it up and rain it down, which severely would reduce the amount of strength needed to swing it. Plus this is a medieval knight, he’s been in training for that shit. Plus, if you drained stamina after 2 overheads which is the mauls main attack (for me at least)… you’d probably just die all the time.

Btw guys i am certainly not asking for a maul nerf, i love the maul. Just seems like the other weapons don’t give me much incentive to use them over the maul.

Someone in the duel tourney earlier said something i agree with. “Chivalry, Hit-Trade Warfare”

• Ok. Overheads vs stabs. Same hits to kill. Same combo times. It doesn’t drastically change anything. On the flipside - Greatsword is faster in terms of combos vs Longsword and Sword of War, does more damage per hit, has more range, etc. Claymore? Nuff said.

• Stabs and overheads are for different situations however. Slash is probably the least used of the three for good reason. Stabs for sneaky stabs + reach and speed. Overheads for close range, quick attacks which do more damage. They both kill in the same amount of hits respectively, but you can’t always rely on the one attack type (unless you’re using old SoW).

I guess it comes down to what the person wants to play? Knights will always be to take just a little bit more punishment versus most weapons. When it comes down to the greatswords versus the sword of war and the longsword then I suppose you’ll be losing out if you are the Knight.

Personally? Vanguards should enjoy these changes (the claymore) while they can and Knights should get use to the Maul, I dunno.

• Don’t forget about the knockback. It’s a very potent thing to use when you’re a vanguard. I’ll take the extra punishment for better movement, range, speed… Everything. That 1 extra hit isn’t worth it right now.

Edit: Oh, what the fuck is the point? There’s little to no reason to be a knight. If you’re not using the swords you have about the same range as an MaA without his speed or dodge.

• @omg87:

Don’t forget about the knockback. It’s a very potent thing to use when you’re a vanguard. I’ll take the extra punishment for better movement, range, speed… Everything. That 1 extra hit isn’t worth it right now.

Edit: Oh, what the fuck is the point? There’s little to no reason to be a knight. If you’re not using the swords you have about the same range as an MaA without his speed or dodge.

Hey, you can survive an extra hit! Maybe two!… sometimes!

• the maul is the reason to use the knight … the maul. Plus i use them when i’m getting tired of taking too much archer punishment.

• @clayton-bigsby:

the maul is the reason to use the knight … the maul. Plus i use them when i’m getting tired of taking too much archer punishment.

They should just rename the knight to “The Maul”

• Double Axe is just as fun. Also the Royal Mace is pretty awesome still.

• I only play TO. In TO the maul can be very effective because it’s a great team weapon, walking up behind someone and 1 shotting them. However, I find that if I have to fight against a maul opponent in 1v1 it’s not that difficult, because they attack so slow and it’s easy to block. Also since they are so slow, I can run around them and attack at all sorts of angles, knowing I’m safe from insta attacks. I agree though, that against a knight you makes you parry his attack consecutively, the maul will win the stamina battle.

• The maul definitly got better, but i dont think it’s OP. On pub servers i dont see that many people using it and even more than half of those who use it fail with it.

I have to admit i only use the maul when playing knight, but i allready did that pre-patch and i asure you that the buff did not make me a better player. It’s better against Knights, but they never have been too much of a threat to me anyways - i find MaA and Vanguards way more threatening 1v1.

Whenever i use a different class/setup and i face a Maul-user i can win most fights by simply keeping my distance well enough. Without doubt there are also Maul-users who beat me when i am using a Vanguard with Greatsword for example, but i am pretty sure that those players also would heave beaten me with a different weapon.

Summary: an average player doesn’t get better by simply using the maul. I think its even the opposite - he gets worse and easier to kill. But now the maul at least has some benefits over the Grand Mace.