Are the fire arrows disabled for players?

• Hi everyone. I’m asking myself this question for quite a time now.
    When playing against bots, I often see them using fire arrows.
    Some say you can use then with the shortbow and only the shortbow. But you can’t choose them as an ammotype there. And the bots use it with any bow.

So… is there a secret how to get them?
    Or have they been locked for players because of balancing issues?

• Or have they been locked for players because of balancing issues?

Yes.

• They were the most OP thing ever.

At the moment they have no impac damage at all. Even then they wasted people. You could constantly be on fire.

• They should bring fire arrows back, archers need a buff.

• @lemonater47:

They were the most OP thing ever.

At the moment they have no impac damage at all. Even then they wasted people. You could constantly be on fire.

Were they?
    I often asked myself: Can you use them to burn objective stuff? That’d be pretty OP I think.

I think you could make firearrowssome kind of extra weapon… So Archers have one or two firearrows and they can use them by pressing 3. 1 selects the bodkin/broadhead again.
    You think this’d be a good idea?

• @Peter:

@lemonater47:

Were they?
    I often asked myself: Can you use them to burn objective stuff? That’d be pretty OP I think.

I think you could make firearrowssome kind of extra weapon… So Archers have one or two firearrows and they can use them by pressing 3. 1 selects the bodkin/broadhead again.

Maybe, just maybe you could have the ability to light two or three arrows on fire. Push 3 to jam or wrap some oil soaked fabric around the arrow. Then lights it on fire. And make it so you hae to push 3 when the bow is drawn for the guy to do that.

Make the arrow speed and impact damage a lot less. Overall It will deal more damage than a normal arrow itself. It could be useful when using a bodkin against an archer or using a broadhead against a knight or vanguard.

But you can only use 3 of them and your ammo count is reduced by 20%. It would add two more options to the archer thing and they already have the most.

• @lemonater47:

@Peter:

@lemonater47:

Were they?

Maybe, just maybe you could have the ability to light two or three arrows on fire. Push 3 to jam or wrap some oil soaked fabric around the arrow. Then lights it on fire. And make it so you hae to push 3 when the bow is drawn for the guy to do that.

Make the arrow speed and impact damage a lot less. Overall It will deal more damage than a normal arrow itself. It could be useful when using a bodkin against an archer or using a broadhead against a knight or vanguard.

But you can only use 3 of them and your ammo count is reduced by 20%. It would add two more options to the archer thing and they already have the most.

Nice idea. But I guess it’ll require scripting and stuff for that lighting it on fire stuff.
    But I really love that idea. Maybe we should make a thread in the ideas and suggestions category?

• They should tweak them a bit before giving them to players. They seem to penetrate every shield without a problem.

• It should be possible to unlock the Fire Arrows through SDK on your own modification of the game though, just add it to the Weapon UI.

• the last thing archers need is more utility. let’s work on balancing them before we give them something else to be a complete and total nuisance with.

• @gregcau:

They should bring fire arrows back, archers need a buff.

LOL So true, my friend. I love your cynicism. Yes, Fire Arrows were removed because TBS guy were incompetent to balance them. But they will fix them… One day… Maybe… Or not.