Your opinions on the Bearded Axe - postpatch?

• Hi everyone.

The most noticeable change is that it got way faster. In my opinion this is bad. It’s overhead is extremely quick, and the animation is slower than the weapon’s tracers, meaning you have to block immediately after the wielder starts their windup, making feints worse. (This is the same stuff people were saying about the Claymore, both must be fixed.)

• @adamcel6:

It’s[sic] overhead is extremely quick, and the animation is slower than the weapon’s tracers

If this is true, isn’t it just a glitch which should be fixed?

• I’ve found the combo speed on the bearded axe to be very lacking. If you can block, parry or just avoid the first hit, then I’ve found that you can easily get a hit in during the combo time so you can flinch them or get them during recovery.

But yeah that thing is hella fast with lookdowns and dragging. Shitty range though and a shitty stab so that’s why I feel its sort of balanced.

• Look the thing is powerful against medium and low level players. Higher level players can easily and consistently parry the super fast release and/or remain out of range of it. It is pretty easy to beat if you have a good grasp of weapon ranges and speeds.

This make it excel (as with the Claymore) as a pub-stomp weapon, nothing more.

• Its really easy to duck underneath of it. And most people just use its LMB attack.

• @lemonater47:

Its really easy to duck underneath of it. And most people just use its LMB attack.

I’ve seen much more use of the overhead, actually.

@DokB:

I’ve found the combo speed on the bearded axe to be very lacking. If you can block, parry or just avoid the first hit, then I’ve found that you can easily get a hit in during the combo time so you can……get them during recovery.

That “Panic Parry” mechanic makes this much harder. I hope nobody gives the typical response of: “Not if you’re good enough, me and my clan can do it just fine, only the noobs have trouble with this.”

• @adamcel6:

@DokB:

I’ve found the combo speed on the bearded axe to be very lacking. If you can block, parry or just avoid the first hit, then I’ve found that you can easily get a hit in during the combo time so you can……get them during recovery.

That “Panic Parry” mechanic makes this much harder. I hope nobody gives the typical response of: “Not if you’re good enough, me and my clan can do it just fine, only the noobs have trouble with this.”

“Panic Parry” is offset by a hefty stamina cost I believe.

Now able to parry in attack recovery - costs 25 stamina and does not allow counterattacks.

• DokB is correct, Panic Parrying will own your stamina. If you notice your opponent do at least 1 panic parry after swinging and/or parrying another attack, they will be down halfway, maybe more.

I have never had trouble with the Bearded axe, it definitely is a low/mid level opponent weapon, people who haven’t developed the twitch reflexes to notice the speed of it’s overhead yet.

Pre patch, the only thing that was difficult about it was the alt overhead, it sometimes hit almost instantly, but the new .1 extra windup has fixed that.

I just stay out of range, and when I notice them combo, flinch them or force them to waste stamina.

• absolutely worthless, much like the knight in general

• I like it because it feels like the only knight weapon that isn’t garbage after the patch.

• The bearded axe is a one trick pony, super fast overheads. Once you know this, it’s easy to beat.

I’ve read a few threads where people complain about this weapon. Ask yourself, are servers full of people using this “overpowered” weapon? The answer is, No. The masses will naturally use the most powerful weapon available to them and the fact that you hardly see people using the axe is a good indication that it isn’t OP at all.

Combo’s are pretty bad, stab is awful, range is awful and the slash is ok’ish.

If you are struggling vs the bearded axe you need to look at your own ability, not the weapon balance :?

I call for a buff on the bearded axe! :-) joke.

• It’s not that the bearded axe is overpowered, it’s that the swing accelerates unrealistically fast and breaks immersion.

• @adamcel6:

The most noticeable change is that it got way faster.

The windup got nerfed from 0.425 to 0.475… making it slower.

• Those guys can hit u twice in a sec without even comboing. Yeah its broken. :(

• I agree with most people on the second page here. It’s not OP, it is a one-trick pony, but it breaks immersion by accelerating very, very fast with that overhead.

• @theuprising:

absolutely worthless, much like the knight in general

Officer, please help! I’m getting trolled!

• @frits:

Those guys can hit u twice in a sec without even comboing. Yeah its broken. :(

that’s with a combofeint