Please fix…..

• Please fix the hit detection. Whatever was done as an attempt at fixing face hugging has screwed up the hit detection. Countless times I have stabbed and swung through many a players specially from behind after I have managed to out flank, get behind them only to have my hit go right through the player model doing no damage. Then they manage to just spin around and stun me frozen and kill me. This also has an effect on the parry or the lack of the parrys blocking as now more hits are getting through…

This leads to my next please fix…
    FIX the STUNN. It happens way too often. You cannot parry, fight, duck or even move your feet. This is beyond retarded. Seriously this is almost a bad idea in execution as Toe2Toe was in AOC. Not sure who’s bright idea it was to increase the stun or freeze time, but it is ridiculousness because it is effecting more than how the game is played and it happens so randomly as sometimes a single hit can render your frozen and dead.

Finally… The alt swing fix… again horrible in execution. Instead of simply copying or mirroring the swing animations and timings there was a bug that increased the swing speed a slight bit. The solution? Was to add a delay at the beginning of the swing… this messes up all timings including the ability to parry on the fly in real time. Many swings get cued up and fire at will instead of real time as sold.

Frustrated and becoming disenchanted…

• Use the Alt-swing timing to your advantage. Due to it being a little slower than the other swings it can cause people to parry too early and allow your alt-swing to hit ;)

The hit-detection is fine for me, what is your packet loss like?

• I agree that the stun is a problem, a big problem right now.

• How can they mirror the alt-swing animations when the fact that the weapon being wielded in ONE hand is naturally asymmetrical?

• I think he means mirroring all the positions and angles etc perfectly for each attack (so if it starts 201 degrees on left swings, it also starts 201 degrees on right swings, as opposed to a bit less like what it does now, which screws with the time to impacts), rather than suddenly becoming left handed mid swing :P

• @Retsnom:

Countless times I have stabbed and swung through many a players specially from behind after I have managed to out flank, get behind them only to have my hit go right through the player model doing no damage.

I’ve been running into this issue a lot myself lately, since the new patch.

I’ll flank someone from behind, and throw out 3 attacks while im ass-hugging them, and I just deal zero damage to them, after it is clear that my weapon is going straight through them.

• I dont know about your other problems but the being stunned is easily fixed by watching your stamina. I was getting stunned all the time in the beginning of the patch but now my opponent gets stunned instead of me.

Also you can duck when you’re stunned, but this works only like 20% of the time because most opponents do overheads and stabs.

I know its not much help but take a couple of minutes to see what moves drains stamina the most.

• This is seriously annoying me, I got on an MAA first time playing an MAA after the patch and I literally need to be kissing my enemy now to actually get a hit on him and even then I’ll hit a opponent and it’ll go right through them, I swear it’s that stupid bubble because if you use the poleaxe it’ll also happen.

• Take a video of this happening.

• Part of the problem is that with the parry and the swing timings being all fd up it takes very little to run out of stam now. But I have been hit stunned as well and cannot move. So stam management which is always important is much harder to do because half the time the stam/health bars dont even show up . This also has added to the game not being smooth and swings just doing their own thing when ever they want.

@Martin:

I think he means mirroring all the positions and angles etc perfectly for each attack (so if it starts 201 degrees on left swings, it also starts 201 degrees on right swings, as opposed to a bit less like what it does now, which screws with the time to impacts), rather than suddenly becoming left handed mid swing :P

This is also correct as well as the timing of the animations from button press to execution. Currently that is not happening.

• I warned you all about the bubble.

• stupid solution to a non problem. If face hugging was such a problem then it was your damn fault for letting them get that close. Now, who knows the accurate range. This has really effected my pole arms. STUPID STUPID STUPID. If I wasn’t the leader of a very large clan, I would be done with this game. This has got to be the second dumbest “Fix” to ever break their game. The first being the EPIC Toe 2 Toe system in AOC which killed the very thriving game that it was.

• I wonder if the facehug bubble is giving random moments of invulnerability to people.

I doubt its the bubble, but I wonder if something is.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Retsnom:

Countless times I have stabbed and swung through many a players specially from behind after I have managed to out flank, get behind them only to have my hit go right through the player model doing no damage.

I’ve been running into this issue a lot myself lately, since the new patch.

I’ll flank someone from behind, and throw out 3 attacks while im ass-hugging them, and I just deal zero damage to them, after it is clear that my weapon is going straight through them.

Oh, good to know my piss poor aim isn’t the only reason I can’t land half my hits with my broadsword.

• I’ve noticed it happen a couple of times in my play time since the patch, but not sure how to recreate it. It has been both from front / behind positions and different weapons.

I’m a bit on the fence about the stun. I personally like it as I can manage my stamina quite well and actually can force drain an opponent to get the free hit. I was trying it out in duels last night and I can do it consistently.

It is a bit much though… in Team Objective maps when you wind through a few opponents it can drain you very quick.

• Oh yeah, the ghost swings. Today a Maa swung his morningstar at me and it did nothing. It wen’t through parry and through my body dealing zero damage multiple times.

Also I noticed something else, don’t know, maybe it’s releated to the ghost swings.
    Sometime when I block I can hear the clashing sound (succesful block) but the opponents weapons goes right through and deals damage.

• @sorry_lad:

Sometime when I block I can hear the clashing sound (succesful block) but the opponents weapons goes right through and deals damage.

Had this happen to me last night actually… was really weird. I was the one inflicting the pain, so no idea what it looks like!

• I think what bugs me the most is parrying multiple enemies with one parry counter attack animation, even people who swing at my back during it.

• Well for me it is really painful as I mostly play halberd (since 2005) I know it is not the best weapon, I am just a loyalist. Anyway, being as aggressive as my play style is, this “bubble” is making me miss and swing through probably as high as 40% of the swings. This bug seems to really effect the pole arms and longer weapons. Thus with all the swings doing no damage to the enemy, swings stuttering or stacking in really weird timings ( I use a lot of ALt swings ), many very late after I press the buttons, I am quickly out of stamina. As also the parry timings seem to be as fucked up as the swings so yeah I hear the successful parry sound, only to be followed up by the impact sound of someone spamming through my parry. With over 1000+ hours, I know how to parry but it just doesnt matter. Last night I had a guy with a fork get 3 strikes in a row go though all of my parries, BOOM DEAD and sadly this is happening more and more.

• @Retsnom:

Well for me it is really painful as I mostly play halberd (since 2005)

You, ReMixx and my self :)