Disk write error

• It just downloaded an update and it’s telling me there was an error while updating (disk write error).

I’m running the disk defrag. For OS (C:) it is on Pass 1: % relocated. It’s being extremely slow more than a minute for 1% and that’s just the first disk.

I’m running windows 7. I’m trying to check the hard drive for errors. I rightclick the drive with steam and go to properties. problem is there is to “tab” as such. When i click tools the options are Map network drive, disconnect network drive, open sync folder or folder options.

Do i have any hope of playing chiv tonight?

• ?

How much HDD space do you have free?

• @Toll:

?

How much HDD space do you have free?

21.7/279 GB…. i think. And i found the tools tab, i was looking in the wrong place. but it say cant check the disk while its in use.

• Yeah, if you want to do a deep scan of your primary drive you will have to download a Linux distro called Ubuntu Rescue Remix

http://ubuntu-rescue-remix.org/

Boot that via USB and you will be able to check the primary drive using all free quality tools. Google how to use it.

• -Go to your start button and in the “search programs and files field” type: CMD
    -It will show the program at the top. RIGHT-CLICK on it and select “Run as Administrator”
    -In the command window type: chkdsk c: /f /r
    -Press Y to attempt dismount of drive, press Y again to authorize it to run at computer restart.
    -Close CMD window and restart computer. Get a book.