Archers have been buffed more than we think.

• @Goden:

Go without shield? I hit you and you die.

Use a shield? I kick it and hit you in the face while you’re stunned and you die. I’ll even feint to get you to use your shield and then kick it if I have to.

gg.

Theory duelling? Okay then, if it’s 50/50 I live or die then I’ll just go without the shield and take my chances with a projectile flinch.

Jokes aside, Jav is far from OP dude. Hasn’t been in ages.

• Still a peice of shit class though and always will be.I mean come on no limits on thier numbers,great agility and speed, lethal long range weapons to take off half your HP and then a whole selection of fucked up weapons like dagger and sabre?

Hell no its not right at all not one bit! You cannot have agility,ranged and melee at the same time on one class.Something has to give somewhere for the sake of balance.Very few Archers are trained in melee such is the requirement of some of the weapons like longbow and thier training times.Most archers where a free kill for a knight unless there were a group to pin him down and slide a dagger in the gaps of his armor.

Yet in chivalry the very same archers will walk right up and stab the shit out of you given half a chance.I said before that archers were balanced a few months ago and the only thing that needed fixed was thier ability to block with small weapons.If TBS simply put a 100% stam cost on a small weapon block like dagger there would be none of this whine.Archers would run for the hills when a vanguard got close just like it should of been!

• Haha I just made like 6 people rage quit and just got votekicked.

Chivalry: Archer Warfare.

• The only shield which offers decent protection from ranged weapons is the tower shield and only one class gets it and it’s not very useful as it blocks your vision and is slow.

Hmm, If I see a lot of archers on the enemy team, I go MAA with a the heater shield and rip it up. Sure they can try and shoot at my feet, most archers miss and hit my shield. As I’m also zig-zagging and all that, as if I didn’t have a shield…

Also being a competent shield user shield kicks rarely land on me.

So yeah, it is quite doable.

• I’m pretty good at hunting and killing archers, but sometimes I just want to play the game, and that can’t really happen with one team being 3/4ths archers or whatever. It’s pretty irritating. The sheer number of crossbow users (almost all new players) is staggering. TO maps often devolve into retarded archer spam fests. And LTS? More like LAS.

• @dudeface:

I’m pretty good at hunting and killing archers, but sometimes I just want to play the game, and that can’t really happen with one team being 3/4ths archers or whatever. It’s pretty irritating. The sheer number of crossbow users (almost all new players) is staggering. TO maps often devolve into retarded archer spam fests. And LTS? More like LAS.

Mass archers is a pretty good strategy like on Dark Forest first stage. Giant shooting gallery for Agatha archers who can take pot shots till their hearts content and only through a bit of grief and gore can Mason’s break through and get those annoying archers. That’s probably one of the only maps I might consider using a shield on.

• For Christ’s sake guys I said in the OP that this is NOT about balance.
    The problem is that they’re UNSATISFYING AS ENEMIES.
    They’re lame when they shoot at you, they’re impotent when you swing at them. Killing them doesn’t grant the same satisfaction as a fight well fought against the other classes.
    With the increased amount of archers (presumably due to a buff) there’s now a large number of boring enemies, and fewer good fights to be had.

Oh, and they keep teamattacking when they shoot into a melee. I hate that shit.

• archer class is for babys

• Archers, ruining the fun since 1300 BC

• Anyway you supposed to have a special class for those handicapped people from Modern Warfare and BF games. Especially in meele focused game. :D

• daggers are too fast and should be slower

• @Mef:

Archers, ruining the fun since 1300 BC

Well, according to Wikipedia, the earliest bow fragments ever found were dated to 8000 BC. Arrow heads go back much further (up to 64,000 years).

I bet if we could translate every historical document, they would mostly say stuff like “Dangit TBS nerf archers plz”

• It would be nice if other classes could use their ranged weapons when dueling archers. It’s frustrating to not have any way to hit them until you make it into melee range.

• Archers are completely fine in my own opinion. You wonder what supports my opinion?

Well…since the last patch, most of the weapons instant kill archers (spears, polearms, double axe, maul, zwei…etc) there are also weapons who two hit archers. One feint and the prey is dead ( dragging if you’re advanced)

However, good players will never complain about archers because every class has it’s own weaknesses. Running in zig-zag really helps and if you have a positive attitude ( not to think about being shot ) it will reduce the chances of being hit by an arrow or more. Also, shields are your best buddies against archers…but anyway, not everyone enjoys shields.

• I love the archer limit servers, myself - but when you’re not in one its always hideous to fight a big horde of them scallywags. I HATE archers, but I guess thats how it should be, and its bloody great getting in there and laughing at the surprised little screaming skinny-man as he fumbles for his letter opener, prior to stopping a fast travelling double axe with his forehead.

Delicious.

• @KONGEN:

Goddamn Archers!
    But seriously, yes. It’s just WAY TOO EASY to hit with crossbow/bows, and it really breaks the gameplay.

no it’s not. especially not if you have to avoid hitting allies. if you suck at dodging arrows and you’re not carrying shield, don’t blame the Archer for your failure to deal with it.

• @Deadpan:

especially not if you have to avoid hitting allies

Heh

• alright, i’m just a new guy here, but defensively backing out of a fight isn’t easy, and face-hugging still seems more annoying anyway. and Archers, while popular, are still less popular than Vanguards, and a large part of why Archers are popular is because of so many over-powered Vanguards, which don’t use shields.

almost nobody plays MaA, because they’re weak in a mass fight with so many massive reach, massive swing width, really fast, one-hit-kill, never fatiguing, surprisingly and awkwardly hard to block, stunning when blocked, no skill required two-handed swords (and ridiculously unrealistic double headed hammers and axes) being swung around, cleaving through groups of guys after groups of guys without ever slowing down, so that makes Archer the only viable light class left.

(yes yes, of course there are highly skilled MaA players that can make it work, but those are extremely rare, and probably still better off with a different class assuming they have the same skill with those)

now, personally i’m really really tired of all the Archer restricted servers, which seems to be about two-thirds of them, while Vanguards are far more annoying because missiles are a lot easier to dodge or block than Claymores.

can we please have Vanguard restricted servers instead?

that said, the stab-spam, face-hugging is really annoying. (no more than face-hugging flail or axe knights)

• @Deadpan:

alright, i’m just a new guy here, but defensively backing out of a fight isn’t easy, and face-hugging still seems more annoying anyway. and Archers, while popular, are still less popular than Vanguards, and a large part of why Archers are popular is because of so many over-powered Vanguards, which don’t use shields.

almost nobody plays MaA, because they’re weak in a mass fight with so many massive reach, massive swing width, really fast, one-hit-kill, never fatiguing, surprisingly and awkwardly hard to block, stunning when blocked, no skill required two-handed swords being swung around, so that makes Archer the only viable light class left.

(yes yes, of course there are highly skilled MaA players that can make it work, but those are extremely rare, and probably still better off with a different class assuming they have the same skill with those)

now, personally i’m really really tired of all the Archer restricted servers, which seems to be about two-thirds of them, while Vanguards are far more annoying because missiles are a lot easier to dodge or block than Claymores.

can we please have Vanguard restricted servers instead?

that said, the stab-spam, face-hugging is really annoying.

Being a new player, you’ll get use to it and I’m sure your opinion will change once you find out how lacking the Vanguard can be and how versatile and strong the MaA is.

Give the game some time, or maybe play the game for 250+ hours and hit level 30 or something before forming such a hard lined opinion of the classes.

• well, please tell that to all the 12084375 Vanguards in every server so some of them may switch to the almost never used MaA.

also, every team consisting of mostly Archers and Man at Arms i’ve seen (very rare of course) fails, while hordes of Vanguards and Knights do just fine.