Vanguards

• I really stoped playing the game after I tried something:
    I joined a FFA server and picked the Vanguard with a spear. Then i stood there and just scrolled up my mousewheel for 5 minutes. At the end of it I had 42 kills and 2 deaths and I actually got votekicked. So I thought: “They must do anything… It can’t be true, that this actually works.”
    So I didn’t play the game anymore. Then, after a whole lot of patches I tried it again, and it seemed to be better. Now I tried the new Beta and I loved the customization. Then I joined a Server and had a few duells against a Vanguard. Guess what happened? He scrolled his mousewheel up and up and up and I lost every single duell. Because my class MAA, which I played for 120 hours, was changed, I wasn’t good with it. So I tried the Knight and I still lost every single duell. Then I tried a Vanguard and scrolled up too. Seriously, is that so difficult to fix. I loved this game, but they patched it to death. It is so sad, that a game I loved is so screwed up now…

• That is weird, spear is not a good dueling weapon. R u sure you’ve tried everything? Feints, drags, shields?

And btw. it’s not always scrolling, I do overheads by pressing the m. wheel to give it mentally moar powaaa! :)

• @funthomass:

That is weird, spear is not a good dueling weapon. R u sure you’ve tried everything? Feints, drags, shields?

And btw. it’s not always scrolling, I do overheads by pressing the m. wheel to give it mentally moar powaaa! :)

Not really. Post patch the spear is an everything weapon if you can use it right.

• @funthomass:

That is weird, spear is not a good dueling weapon. R u sure you’ve tried everything? Feints, drags, shields?

I’ve heard this fallacy so many times. Spear is and always was great for duels. Just because you have it mentally bracketed as a ‘support’ weapon doesn’t mean it’s not an amazing duel weapon.

Most people will disagree with me but I actually think that the spear is weaker post-patch even though it’s been made initially easier to use in the hands of someone inexperienced. Pre-patch spear with no-feint window, more stamina, better movement and a stronger stab was stronger than post-patch spear with increased knockback, speed and weaker stab in my opinion. I don’t think anyone agrees with me but hey.

• @Pan:

@funthomass:

I’ve heard this fallacy so many times. Spear is and always was great for duels. Just because you have it mentally bracketed as a ‘support’ weapon doesn’t mean it’s not an amazing duel weapon.

Most people will disagree with me but I actually think that the spear is weaker post-patch even though it’s been made initially easier to use in the hands of someone inexperienced. Pre-patch spear with no-feint window, more stamina, better movement and a stronger stab was stronger than post-patch spear with increased knockback, speed and weaker stab in my opinion. I don’t think anyone agrees with me but hey.

Just use brandi if you’re a Vg. That shit’s almost OP.

• @Jstorm:

Almost? :?

I called this shit when the beta was out. http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14306

Brandi was being used competitively in EU at least, not massively so, but it was present.
    It needed 1 small buff maybe. Not 5.

Brandistock slash windup/release/recovery from .6/.6/.7 to .45/.45/.65
    Brandistock stab windup/release/recovery from .7/.4/.725 to .55/.35/.65 and damage from 60 to 65
    Brandistock overhead damage from 90 to 95
    Increased knockback
    Recovery Parry

I guess TB don’t know the meaning of subtle when it comes to balancing.

• @Pan:

@Jstorm:

Almost? :?

I called this shit when the beta was out. http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=85&t=14306

Brandi was being used competitively in EU at least, not massively so, but it was present.
    It needed 1 small buff maybe. Not 5.

Brandistock slash windup/release/recovery from .6/.6/.7 to .45/.45/.65
    Brandistock stab windup/release/recovery from .7/.4/.725 to .55/.35/.65 and damage from 60 to 65
    Brandistock overhead damage from 90 to 95
    Increased knockback
    Recovery Parry

I guess TB don’t know the meaning of subtle when it comes to balancing.

Yeah it got way overbuffed. Didn’t want to say OP because I’d think someone would object and an arguement would arise but I think everyone is in the same spot here.

• @Jstorm:

Yeah it got way overbuffed. Didn’t want to say OP because I’d think someone would object and an arguement would arise but I think everyone is in the same spot here.

Haha! So true. You have to be careful around here. One minute you’re tentatively expressing an opinion, next minute you’re 20 pages deep arguing balls knows what.

• The spears got buffed

I honestly can believe what the devs are doing. This seems so godfuckingdamn wrong in every way.
    The brandistock has got more damage, and THREE LAYERS of different attack speeds. This is insane for such reach and damage. Not to mention other weapon changes that came from the galaxys…
    I really have no fate in indie devs.

• @Mevolon18:

Because my class MAA, which I played for 120 hours, was changed, I wasn’t good with it.

Sorry but were you really better before ? The patch is not responsible for everything, you know…

• I’d like to see the day someone with 120 hours goes 42-2. I’ve seen so much bs from people who aren’t very good in these posts nowadays to try and get a point across. e.g. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15465

You don’t have to make up shit to prove a point guys. Ever heard of facts and solid arguements?

• OP’s story sounds like an astounding load of bollocks.

• did someone say the spear isn’t a good dueling weapon!? you know what really grinds my gears?

• Bradi is such an awesome weapon, but all spears kind of are. It doesn’t help that stab animations are some of the hardest to read… and put that alongside feinting, and omg :O The slashes are also good for catching enemies off guard or finishing off weak ones.

• @Event:

Bradi is such an awesome weapon

It’ll most likely be getting a nerf to it’s stab and slash windups.

• @BB:

@Event:

Bradi is such an awesome weapon

It’ll most likely be getting a nerf to it’s stab and slash windups.

I’d recommend windups of 0.625 on stab, and slash of 0.55 to 0.6