I'm on Chivalry strike until vanguards are fixed

• Vanguards have always been too good. Now they are way too good. It’s not just that they are too fast or too strong… which they are. Vanguards are by far the glitchiest characters in the game. I will hit a vanguard as he is beginning a charge attack and he will continue to charge and attack like nothing happened. I will duck or jump over one of the ranged weapons and will get hit anyway. I ghost swing through vanguard heads constantly. They don’t get disrupted, but my maul can be disrupted in literally the last millisecond of my swing before I hit someone. That one REALLY pisses me off too and its not just against vanguards. I play knight and I like the big slow weapons. If someone is swinging a big heavy object at you poking them with a dagger at the last second is not going to stop that thing from hitting you.

• The only “bug” is the ghost swings. And they happen with all classes.

You aren’t supposed to flinch charge attacks. And they are the easier things to parry.

Jumping is pretty damn hard and ducking require finesse and you have to look down while ducking. Stabs are pretty hard to duck. Overheads are almost impossible to duck. LMBs can easily be ducked I you time it right. If you do it too early they will just look down and still get you.

The claymore is a noob mower. Its rather hard to block because of its speed. But any experienced player can do it.

And daggers blocking mauls is for balancing reasons. They can only block it twice though before they are stunned.
    Even better swap to your secondary.

• @lemonater47:

The claymore is a noob mower. Its rather hard to block because of its speed. But any experienced player can do it.

Anyone else feels that the attacks are not in sync with the animations anymore?

Might be that I have to get used to it some more, but it feels its hitting me earlier than the animation is showing, at least with the stab…

The new knockback is a great addition to the class imo, just needs to be reduced a bit on some weapons.

Other than that I think theyy are fine.

• @Towe:

@lemonater47:

Anyone else feels that the attacks are not in sync with the animations anymore?

Might be that I have to get used to it some more, but it feels its hitting me earlier than the animation is showing, at least with the stab…

The new knockback is a great addition to the class imo, just needs to be reduced a bit on some weapons.

Other than that I think theyy are fine.

Yes. Animations are GLITCHED. Fix this gaping hole of a problem, TBS.

• “I’m on strike because I get owned by vanguards!”

Weapon desyncs are a bug. They will get fixed.

Fair enough. You had two options:

Learn how to counter vanguard charge attacks (walk out of their way LOL oh btw, you can also turn around and hit them too since they are defenseless for about a second) and block a claymore

Quit the game and not try to overcome your problem.

I guess you picked the latter.

• @aerational:

Vanguards have always been too good. Now they are way too good.

Wait, what? I always thought Vanguards were the joke class. From what I’ve seen all that’s changed is that they are now ‘the joke class with the Claymore’.

@aerational:

I will hit a vanguard as he is beginning a charge attack and he will continue to charge and attack like nothing happened.

That’s supposed to happen. You’re not supposed to be able to stop a charge attack. When a Vanguard does his High-Speed Aerial Head Delivery technique you’re supposed to take a step back, say thanks, then accept his offering with your weapon.

Or like parry it.

The attack, not the head.

• Oh god another “vanguard is op” troll-thread.
    Yes the claymore is stupid now and the brandi-buff was a bit over the top but they are still far from being op. The VG was always a weak version of the knight. I bet the next thing you suggest is buffing the archer. ha

• @afiNity:

Oh god another “vanguard is op” troll-thread.
    Yes the claymore is stupid now and the brandi-buff was a bit over the top but they are still far from being op. The VG was always a weak version of the knight. I bet the next thing you suggest is buffing the archer. ha

He brandistock is fine. Its now a viable weapon if your no one for speed or like using the LMB.

The claymore is just a machine gun.

• @lemonater47:

He brandistock is fine. Its now a viable weapon if your no one for speed or like using the LMB.

….you do know that Brandi slash is faster than anything the Claymore has to offer? And that the stab is only barely slower than the Clay stab?

Brandistock overhead is fine. Slash is way too fast and stab a bit too fast.

• @Falc:

@lemonater47:

….you do know that Brandi slash is faster than anything the Claymore has to offer? And that the stab is only barely slower than the Clay stab?

Brandistock overhead is fine. Slash is way too fast and stab a bit too fast.

The spear is faster than the brandistock. Damage wise spear kills everything in the same amount of hits except for LMB swings.

• @Falc:

Slash is way too fast and stab a bit too fast.

Agreed, although not sure on the quick-stab. Whats the windup?

• @lemonater47:

The spear is faster than the brandistock.

Spear slash is also stupidly fast. Faster than a Broadsword slash.

@lemonater47:

Damage wise spear kills everything in the same amount of hits except for LMB swings.

Nope.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Falc:

Slash is way too fast and stab a bit too fast.

Agreed, although not sure on the quick-stab. Whats the windup?

I think the speed of the stab is alright, but the damage buff was too much. I mean… 1hitting MaAs is kinda op

• @nova: a ridiculous .55 on the Brandi stab windup. For comparison: SoW stab is .6, Clay is .55.

@afinity: you need headshot for that though. And getting a headshot on a MaA with the slow thrust from below is pretty hard.

• @Falc:

@nova: a ridiculous .55 on the Brandi stab windup. For comparison: SoW stab is .6, Clay is .55.

@afinity: you need headshot for that though. And getting a headshot on a MaA with the slow thrust from below is pretty hard.

Don’t know… as long as the MaA doesn’t have a shield it works pretty well. MaAs are basically just as easy to kill now as archers damage-wise. Doing headshots was a bit easier pre-patch though (probably cause of the new hit-detection).

• … and i’m just sitting here quietly complaining about the reach of 1h sword/shield stabs that always hit further than the animation implies, almost always catches me off guard :P

This thread is hilarious, “I can’t be bothered to figure out a counter to vanguards, so I quit!”
    My semi-moderate wisdom that I bestow upon you is… PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!!!

• Archers are very good against vanguards. And most archers will actually pick on a vanguard in a group of enemies. They are the best target for an archer.

• Always that flaming about vanguards… “Too much reach, too much damage, too much speed, too much whatever…”

People shut up. There’s nothing unfair against the vanguard. Yes he has pretty mean weapons. Like the claymore (I hate that desync bomber) and the brandystock. Oh and the bearded axe. Good for LMB spammers.

But there’s nothing unfair about the vanguard in my opinion. Some even say the greatsword is OP. Yeah right. Yes, it can onehit archers. And? A good archer uses his secondary to interrupt every windup. The windups of the greatsword are pretty slow.

• @lemonater47:

The only “bug” is the ghost swings. And they happen with all classes.

You aren’t supposed to flinch charge attacks. And they are the easier things to parry.

Jumping is pretty damn hard and ducking require finesse and you have to look down while ducking. Stabs are pretty hard to duck. Overheads are almost impossible to duck. LMBs can easily be ducked I you time it right. If you do it too early they will just look down and still get you.

And daggers blocking mauls is for balancing reasons. They can only block it twice though before they are stunned.
    Even better swap to your secondary.

Dont you have to hit more than before (it was never twice) to make them run out of stamina?
    I tought they nerfed the stamina drain.

• But there’s nothing unfair about the vanguard in my opinion.

Because you know…having more reach then everyone, more damage and the same speed is fair?
    Every other class has to choose whether it wants to have more range/speed/damage between its weapons, Vanguards get it all in one in almost every tier.

They dont NEED to be fixed, but if any class is up for the chopping block…its definitely vanguards.