Kings never have to die thanks to this update.

• Yeah, I was in two matches a few minutes ago where the king just had to run in a large circle around his ally’s spawn and we could never reach him thanks to this new chase mechanic.

It was incredibly frustrating to try and chase him down while bumping into allies and slowing down because the new -anti-facehugging bubble causes our runs to be interrupted briefly. All the while the enemy we kill getting to the king has plenty of time to respawn.

So yep, we could never hurt him bad enough, as we could never properly run him down.

• Ever thought of going the other way around?

This happened to us on a server. Untill I suggested to go in the other way he was going and cut him off then surround him.

This is with malric right?

Pretty much the only way to survive as malric is to keep moving. That king was doing the right thing to survive.

• Untill I suggested to go in the other way he was going and cut him off then surround him.

Except in most public matches you’d be lucky to get everyone to votekick an obvious hacker, much less use any sort of tactics.

• @lemonater47:

Ever thought of going the other way around?

Bwahahaha I’m picturing the king running with ten guys in a row behind him. Seems like an easy solution to me? :lol:

• @JW:

@lemonater47:

Ever thought of going the other way around?

Bwahahaha I’m picturing the king running with ten guys in a row behind him. Seems like an easy solution to me? :lol:

In my situation the king actually got teamkilled by an archer which was pretty funny. The archer was only trying to help. Missed the 5 agathians around Malric and manages to shoot and kill malric. He was doomed anyway. Just speed up the win by 2 seconds.

But yes the king is going round with a bunch of followers.

Since it got frustrating for everyone and the 2 min music kicked in they all listened. And we cut off be king.

• @lemonater47:

In my situation the king actually got teamkilled by an archer which was pretty funny. The archer was only trying to help. Missed the 5 agathians around Malric and manages to shoot and kill malric. He was doomed anyway. Just speed up the win by 2 seconds.

It was a mercy kill. The archer could see the king suffering and decided to put him down quickly.

• @SavageBeatings:

@lemonater47:

It was a mercy kill. The archer could see the king suffering and decided to put him down quickly.

I’ve done something similar. Seeing a team mate being mugged by about 5 enemies. And I happen to kill my team mate. You take the shot as your probably gonna hit an enemy.

• Had a round where we killed the king on citadel with 10 minutes to spare just yesterday.

• @soamd:

Had a round where we killed the king on citadel with 10 minutes to spare just yesterday.

That’s what usually happens.

The average king malric doesn’t survive for more than 2 Minutes.

• @lemonater47:

@soamd:

Had a round where we killed the king on citadel with 10 minutes to spare just yesterday.

That’s what usually happens.

The average king malric doesn’t survive for more than 2 Minutes.

That depends on the number of players The more players there are, the harder it is to get to malric. Usually malric stands near the span. His archers dont even get out there, tehy shoot from the spawn. the rest are vanguard and knights surrounding him. I guess when playing with friends you are connected with by teamspeak or skype, then its still easy. but usually i end up alone there, kill 3 enemies, die and when I’m back theyre back too…

• Chase mechanic really needs to be reverted and give further speed bonuses when knights and vanguards are chasing enemies.

• I was playing 10v10 TO on Citadel the other night, the King was pretty smart and camped over the left side near the spawn holes.
    I was guarding him for that whole last bit, saved his arse about 5 times. The other team was nothing special so the King tried to be a hero a couple of times.

In the end, got to 30 seconds left and I was fighting off 2 people. As I target switched to the last person with my Maul, the King decided to be awesome and try get the kill. I ended up killing him as I couldn’t cancel my attack nor drag out of the way as I was too far into the swing. Got blamed :(

It seems much better for the King to keep moving or hide near the spawn corner.

• @SOC:

Chase mechanic really needs to be reverted and give further speed bonuses when knights and vanguards are chasing enemies.

Chase bonus was designed so people could catch up to each other when people ran away.

They have now made it so its only for that purpose.

• Malric needs all the help he can get on that map. Make him unable to be chased. And maybe give him a Maul with thrice the reach and twice the speed.

Leave Feydrid though, he’s a baby with a smart architect.

• The chase mechanic was disabled vs kings?

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

The chase mechanic was disabled vs kings?

No.

• chase bonus shouldn’t even be necessary in a team game. just enclose the baddy. if he’s running in circles, intercept him, don’t move to where he was and run where ever he moves to. go to where he will be. you could also shoot him down as Archer or use Man at Arms to outrun him.

huge chase bonus is just an incentive to be stupid and ruins tactical play. and if he really is too fast, well then he’s too fast and should be slower. rather than some magical running spell whenever you see someones back.

and i see kings die within seconds a lot. either the enemy spawn should be further, the ally spawn closer, or something of a delay for enemies at the start.

• Well, Malric is way harder to defend than Faedric… I’ve not often see him survive on a public serv… I think that’s because the Agatheen Spawn is closer to mason’s King, than in the Agatha’s king map, where Masons spawns far away.
    And alose because this is easier to get close to malric, due to the lots of hidden pathes.

• @NaTe:

I was playing 10v10 TO on Citadel the other night, the King was pretty smart and camped over the left side near the spawn holes.
    I was guarding him for that whole last bit, saved his arse about 5 times. The other team was nothing special so the King tried to be a hero a couple of times.

In the end, got to 30 seconds left and I was fighting off 2 people. As I target switched to the last person with my Maul, the King decided to be awesome and try get the kill. I ended up killing him as I couldn’t cancel my attack nor drag out of the way as I was too far into the swing. Got blamed :(

It seems much better for the King to keep moving or hide near the spawn corner.

That’s what I call: Noob King. Does happen on stoneshill pretty often. You try your best defending the king but he doesn’t care. Once we had a king, that just ran to the crushed gate and faced all the masons.
    Some called him brave. I’d rather call him an idiot.