HATCHED - OH speed slowed down - no info in patchnotes

• As a MAA 1H Fast weapon user i would like to ask about the HATCHED.
    It’s overhead is slower then it was before the patch but there is no patch notes about it. The erlier OH speed was 90, now its 87 and it’s the slowest OH in fast weapons (nors, sprinkler), Hatched needs 3 hits on vanguard and 3 hits on knight to kill, it have reach of a dagger (18) while Nors and sprinkler (33/24)
    With the new buble, hit with hatched with dagger range is the hardest there is from 1H weapons, and its OH (main attack for all axes) is the slowes of them all - while it is the shortest and the smallest weapon designed to be used with OH (the idea of axe:) ) it is the slowest, and it is strange - please return the OH speed the way it was before the patch - or at least add to patch notes the changes that ware made. Now hatched is the hardest weapon to play and gives nothing in return because it was slowed down in OH and is now the slowest weapon in OH (while it should be the fastest!). Hatched now is only good for noobie swingers and nothing more. Please, recheck the changes, give info in patch notes if u change anything and if this change (slowing OH in hatched) was not intended then please revert it - i was palying hatched before it was hard (shitty range) but rewarding now its hard and it sux - because u have weapons like sprinkler which is faster, deal similar dammage (the same amout on hits to kill) and have a LOT longer reach.
    PLEASE FIX IT! Let there be 3 equal fast 1H weapons to choose from.

• @NUCLEAR:

As a MAA 1H Fast weapon user i would like to ask about the HATCHED.
    It’s overhead is slower then it was before the patch but there is no patch notes about it. The erlier OH speed was 90, now its 87 and it’s the slowest OH in fast weapons (nors, sprinkler), Hatched needs 3 hits on vanguard and 3 hits on knight to kill, it have reach of a dagger (18) while Nors and sprinkler (33/24)
    With the new buble, hit with hatched with dagger range is the hardest there is from 1H weapons, and its OH (main attack for all axes) is the slowes of them all - while it is the shortest and the smallest weapon designed to be used with OH (the idea of axe:) ) it is the slowest, and it is strange - please return the OH speed the way it was before the patch - or at least add to patch notes the changes that ware made. Now hatched is the hardest weapon to play and gives nothing in return because it was slowed down in OH and is now the slowest weapon in OH (while it should be the fastest!). Hatched now is only good for noobie swingers and nothing more. Please, recheck the changes, give info in patch notes if u change anything and if this change (slowing OH in hatched) was not intended then please revert it - i was palying hatched before it was hard (shitty range) but rewarding now its hard and it sux - because u have weapons like sprinkler which is faster, deal similar dammage (the same amout on hits to kill) and have a LOT longer reach.
    PLEASE FIX IT! Let there be 3 equal fast 1H weapons to choose from.

The in-game stats are unreliable and wrong. Not only was the in-game speed stat 87 pre-patch but the speed itself did not change at all. I have a photographic memory btw so I’m either going crazy because I haven’t used a hatchet in over 200 hours in-game or I’m right.

• It might feel different simply because the game itself feels a whole lot different now post-patch. Also, I wouldn’t put too much stock in the in-game statistics, % is a terrible way to denote those values, I mean, what is it based off of? We may never know, haha.

In any case, the only thing that specifically affected the hatchet in this patch was a slight increase to the stab windup, which is fair, given that a hatchet stab wouldn’t really do anything to anyone except maybe unarmored opponents. Besides that, the alt swings were corrected, and brought in line with the regular swings. So yes, the alt swings were slowed down, but they were faster than normal to begin with. Other than that, I sincerely doubt there have been any ghost nerfs/buffs to the hatchet.

• @SHH_:

Besides that, the alt swings were corrected, and brought in line with the regular swings. So yes, the alt swings were slowed down, but they were faster than normal to begin with.

That’s probably what he’s feeling.

• @BB:

@SHH_:

Besides that, the alt swings were corrected, and brought in line with the regular swings. So yes, the alt swings were slowed down, but they were faster than normal to begin with.

That’s probably what he’s feeling.

Yeah, looking back I bet he did the same thing shara did until he quit, unbound his normal attacks an replaced them with alt swings. That’s probably what the guy that made a thread saying the warhammer was too slow was feeling as well.

• OK I have 800H with hatched and I’m talking about the OH not about swings, or stabs, so please read with understanding! Dont answer on something i didnt ask.

THE HATCHED IS THE SLOWES OH (over head) WEAPON FROM 3 FAST WEAPONS. IT IS THE HARDEST TO PLAY (SHORT RANGE) AND IT IS THE SLOWES (NO SENSE SINCE IT IS THE SMALLEST WEAPON SHOULD BE THE FASTESTS).

I’m just saing that now hatched is lot weeker then it counter parts Norse sowrd and sprinkler. Why bother with hatched if u have the same same dammage with sprinkler but a LOT MORE RANGE and a more speed OH (which is primmary attack for axes!).

I’m just saing as a player who know fast 1h weapons inside out the hatched is now unbalanced against other fast weapons and it’s unbalance is very simple - make is OH attacks the same speed as nors, or sprinkler or faster but not a lot slower this have no sens to be the slowes weapon and the shortest, the only advantage the hatched gived was its speed now there is no speed no range only dammage but its still 3 his on vanguard and knight so it counts for nothing.

Am I being understood now ?:)

For me it’s sprinkler from now on, but i would be nice to could choose some other weapons if someone wants to, not only have to use one that is the strongest :(

• @NUCLEAR:

I’m talking about the OH

You can alt-overheads.

• @BB:

You can alt-overheads.

Another brilliant post… any other world changing inputs ?

• @NUCLEAR:

@BB:

You can alt-overheads.

That’s also not how you spell Hatchet.

• @NUCLEAR:

OK I have 800H with hatched

You have 800 hours with Hachet?

• Didnt i post it ?:) YES I HAVE! From 1069 of all gameplay I plaied mainly with MAA Hatched.

• The hatchet OH is tied with the norse sword for the fastest OH. The windup is .35s. That good enough for you? If you don’t know crap about the game and rely on in-game statistics then don’t even bother replying. Also, your english is terrible. I guess it’s feasable that you are eurpoean, though. Is that correct?

• @BB:

@NUCLEAR:

@BB:

You can alt-overheads.

Yeah I wasn’t going to bring it up….

Also, the hatchet remains one of the fastest weapons in the game.

• … I see that U just don’t get it…
    I will try too put it simpler

Please check the overall speed using OH with 3 weapons. Sprinkler, Norse, Hatchet.

Hatchet is the fastest in OH from those 3 ? Nope it is not it is the slowest. (MY POINT!)
    Is the reach the highest ? Nope it is the shortest 18 (24/33) (SO THE SPEED SHOULD NOT BE THE SLOWEST!)

If it’s not true then I’m a noob and sorry for the post… hatchet is the fastest i OH from this 3 weapons and I don’t know shit…

And please compere the same weapon types with each other, all weapons have 3 similar counterparts (hatchet, sprinkler, norse) (claymore, billhook, fork) etc.

• @NUCLEAR:

… I see that U just don’t get it…
    I will try too put it simpler

Please check the overall speed using OH with 3 weapons. Sprinkler, Norse, Hatchet.

Hatchet is the fastest in OH from those 3 ? Nope it is not it is the slowest. (MY POINT!)
    Is the reach the highest ? Nope it is the shortest 18 (24/33) (SO THE SPEED SHOULD NOT BE THE SLOWEST!)

If it’s not true then I’m a noob and sorry for the post… hatchet is the fastest i OH from this 3 weapons and I don’t know shit…

And please compere the same weapon types with each other, all weapons have 3 similar counterparts (hatchet, sprinkler, norse) (claymore, billhook, fork) etc.

Actual stats

Windup/combo/release

Hatchet
    OH .35/.65/.4
    Damage 70 chop

Norse sword
    OH .35/.65/.4
    Damage 65 cut

Holy Water Sprinkler
    OH .375/.6/.35
    Damage 60 pierceblunt

AND it’s the most powerful of the three. That’s why it’s the shortest.

• Hatchet overhead wasn’t changed. It’s still the same as the Norse Sword. The real difference is the damage - the Norse Sword requires an extra hit to kill Knights and Vanguards. Hence its longer reach.

• @SlyGoat:

Hatchet overhead wasn’t changed. It’s still the same as the Norse Sword. The real difference is the damage - the Norse Sword requires an extra hit to kill Knights and Vanguards. Hence its longer reach.

Come back after you’ve played 800h of Hatchet Sly.

• @BB:

@BB:

You can alt-overheads.

Some quality balance council member reply’s right there. Ahhh BB, i wonder how long your trolling will last.

• I have 800h with x so my argument is valid.

• This community sux… the game looks the way it is now because of all U guys.
    Someone who plays a lot of 1h fast weapons would like to post his observations - because it feels that hatchet is to weak compeard to other fast weapons (ex OH) and all u get is smart ass comments with no content.

All u can do is argue all the time, criticize and CRY CRY CRY. If this forum wouldn’t be existing we could have the same great game we had at the released with bugs fixed but now… we have a balanced game and everyone is happy… only hope for this game is promod and i really hope it will be about freedom of gameplay (like at the beginning) not about delays, limitations, stunts and slower weapons.

Come on! Post some great comment enrich this discussion with ur negative feedback!