Charge attacks

• Can you make them less teleporty: The character movement speed during a charge windup is 455-456 then when it hits release the movement speed randomly goes up to ~1545 for 0.2 seconds, before slowing down substantially in release. It looks ridiculous and results in a very unexpected range to people who haven’t observed it.

In addition it looks like charge attacks actually go backwards slightly after that random speed increase.

Edit: It is also inconsistent
    PqHU0xNZqhU

• Isn’t this basically just the desync problems applied to the charge animation?

• hahaha a lot with the charge attacks also have to do with the terrain you’re doing the charge attack over. Like if you do it off a ledge, you can fly out like 20 feet… and then if you do it up some stairs… lolll

• yeah, add in latency, reach, stun, stamina drain, huge damage, and bad depth perception in wide-angle view…

they want them able to take out Archers, i get it. can’t throw javs at a running Vanguard, that’s for sure.

• @Deadpan:

they want them able to take out Archers, i get it. can’t throw javs at a running Vanguard, that’s for sure.

Yeah, but an xbow can shoot you mid charge and completely nullify any damage that they would receive :/
    I think that’s to do with the dead after throwing projectile issue. Same thing with charge attacks IMO.

• well that too, but throwing a Javelin at a running target at close range, unless they run in a straight line at you, almost always misses. and then your dead, unless they miss their charge. because the charge happens a lot faster than your recovery time.

so, no throwing javelins at running Vanguards, not at chargeble range, which is a lot farther than you’d think. note that all their weapons, even one handed, insta-kill Archers when they charge.

also, if you block with buckler, with many of their weapons that stuns you long enough for them to kill you anyway.

• Your speed still goes to ridiculous levels in the latest patch when you are above ground level during release.

• charge is easy sauce to parry but I dont like how poorly timed charges dont get interrupted soon enough, the stun is also redic too because even if you parry the charge, the person charging gets to attack you, fast weapons are to short to reach him and you have seemingly a longer stun time then the charger when you parry making you wait for him to attack again and parry yet again, if you parry his charge it should be your turn to attack

sword charges can be over reaching at times, its like look a guy is charge attacking with the sword everyone stop what your doing and get ready to be parry stunned, allies and enemies

i have no problems with the speed, consistency would make it to easy to land, if it was easy to land it would need to be nerfed, i like it being such a challenge to land

• @BandOfTheHawk:

charge is easy sauce to parry but I dont like how poorly timed charges dont get interrupted soon enough, the stun is also redic too because even if you parry the charge, the person charging gets to attack you, fast weapons are to short to reach him and you have seemingly a longer stun time then the charger when you parry making you wait for him to attack again and parry yet again, if you parry his charge it should be your turn to attack

I disagree. The charge is the vanguard’s special move. It’s really easy to parry, so I don’t see why you would want to change this unless you wanted to make it even more of a bad idea to use.

• does it really have to have the crazy superman fly through the air inconsistency so you never know exactly how far it can reach, plus the knockback of like 5 feet, plus stamina drain of 50% from parrying it? Plus, you have initiative after the hit because you can basically combo another attack afterward, not combo but it’s fast enough to hit you again and at least cause another parry before you can throw an attack… so you’re forced to parry again in most cases. i think it’s a little overboard. I realize it’s effective now, but good lord.

• @NabsterHax:

@BandOfTheHawk:

charge is easy sauce to parry but I dont like how poorly timed charges dont get interrupted soon enough, the stun is also redic too because even if you parry the charge, the person charging gets to attack you, fast weapons are to short to reach him and you have seemingly a longer stun time then the charger when you parry making you wait for him to attack again and parry yet again, if you parry his charge it should be your turn to attack

I disagree. The charge is the vanguard’s special move. It’s really easy to parry, so I don’t see why you would want to change this unless you wanted to make it even more of a bad idea to use.

True, charge doesn’t need a nerf, but if you parry charge the charger shouldn’t get a free attack. You should be rewarded for parrying the charge. The 50% stamina drain like clayton mentioned is pretty nasty. Then they get to attack again and drain your stamina even more. I don’t know if this is the best way to go but i think they should give charge more damage and reward the person who parries charge by letting them get the next attack maybe idk.

lol maybe say if your running at the charger and parry him it negates some of the stun, that makes it harder to land your parry and makes sense since you have momentum going towards him, probably a pain in the butt to code who knows

• i think the balance is because the vanguard also expends a lot of stamina to do the attack, but not sure how much drain is there if it gets parried, i’d have to check.

• The bit that annoys me most is the very tail end of the attack. You move as far to the right as you can, try to block the swing but it hasn’t reached you yet, the swing has lost all of it’s momentum and the sword is slowing to a crawl in the last few inches of the animation… tap leg falls off

• lol u think charge attacks are bad normally wait till u figure out the bug that lets you go 3 times as far. u never know who knows it or not or whether there gonna fall short of u or fly right though you.

• @dotamachine:

lol u think charge attacks are bad normally wait till u figure out the bug that lets you go 3 times as far. u never know who knows it or not or whether there gonna fall short of u or fly right though you.

Exactly, this inconsistency is very annoying.

• yeah, if i block a charge with my mandatory buckler, i then almost always have to block a second attack, and this takes away half my stamina, which means i’m almost dead.

• @Deadpan:

yeah, if i block a charge with my mandatory buckler, i then almost always have to block a second attack, and this takes away half my stamina, which means i’m almost dead.

greater than half at that point, the first block would be half, next one is half plus 2 handed shield drain.

• Yes, please fix the charge attack. If I was a new player and observed it done, I’d probably believe it to be some sort of glitch.

The stamina issue when using the buckler against a charge is really annoying as well. The stun in general is pretty annoying too.