I'm really trying to like this game

• I really am trying my very best to enjoy this game after patch. But I can’t, as soon as I join and see 500 archers spamming arrows at me with their buffed weapons it makes me so angry. I’m trying to get used to it and adapt, but how can I adapt when I’m so restricted? The fun of playing MAA is gone, Vans and Archers dominate, while MAA’s and Knights get kicked around. When I try to get in an attack with my short 1h the bubble screws me so hard and I just bug out.

Where is the good old chiv?

• @SmoothLunchable:

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14902

Yes. Promod. But there is something telling me that the devs need to just think about the current patch. Think hard and good, and maybe play their own game for once.

• One more topic talking about players’ frustration…

• I haven’t noticed any increased frustration against archers. Maybe you should play some first person shooters to get some experience in learning how to deal with the situations you are describing.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I haven’t noticed any increased frustration against archers. Maybe you should play some first person shooters to get some experience in learning how to deal with the situations you are describing.

I play RO2/RS all of the time. But archers are annoying, there are way more playing than there ever was before.

• I don’t think there are more archers playing than is normal after a sale weekend. Usually they dwindle down after a couple of weeks.
    That said, it sure is annoying getting TK’d by the same level 12 archer shooting into my melees over and over.

• @NoVaLombardia:

I haven’t noticed any increased frustration against archers. Maybe you should play some first person shooters to get some experience in learning how to deal with the situations you are describing.

The fuck is wrong with you? How have you not “noticed”? There are multiple threads about this and you’ve commented on most of them.

• grab your claymore and go archer hunting. wait that’s a van weapon. hmm.

• @Harry:

The fuck is wrong with you? How have you not “noticed”? There are multiple threads about this and you’ve commented on most of them.

Because I’m good at avoiding stuff.

• @Ho_BoY:

I really am trying my very best to enjoy this game after patch. But I can’t, as soon as I join and see 500 archers spamming arrows at me with their buffed weapons it makes me so angry. I’m trying to get used to it and adapt, but how can I adapt when I’m so restricted? The fun of playing MAA is gone, Vans and Archers dominate, while MAA’s and Knights get kicked around. When I try to get in an attack with my short 1h the bubble screws me so hard and I just bug out.

Where is the good old chiv?

I unfortunately agree. A lot of the fun has been taken out of the game, for a lot of reasons, archers included.

In my experience it seems like this patch is pushing players away. My friend who got me into Chivalry in the first place, who harassed me for an entire month about it because he was enjoying it so much, just quit the game altogether. In his words there used to be options when you were fighting someone. Now it’s been reduced to making your opponent run out of stamina, or feinting to end the perpetual back and forth of attacks and parries. Either that or just use a vanguard with a pole or claymore, or go archer.

And while it’s good to see players banding together and working on pro-mod, those are all players who have been pushed away from the game, who are playing less frequently or not at all. Maybe the numbers say otherwise and just as many people are playing, but it can’t be healthy for Chivalry to have a community of players that’s been split, even if other new players are coming in to replace those who’ve left.

I can’t see TB wanting this fractioning of their player base. New players are nice, but they will just as quickly leave when another game grabs their attention. The players who have been around for hundreds and hundreds of hours of gameplay are the ones who will sustain the community in the long term. Chivalry used to be a game that encouraged that. By dumbing down the game, they’ve only ensured that the long-term fans are more likely to leave, and that new players will show up in the short term only to leave shortly after, either due to the fact that they were never very invested in the game in the first place or because they realize the game doesn’t have enough depth to warrant putting hundreds of hours of play time in.

• Well I can believe there are more Archers and especially after a sale weekend. I know I personally chose it after buying so I could get a stand off look at the game play.

That being said I switched to VG as per the in game weapon stats it offered the best reach / speed and damage. ( IE Training wheel class… ) That all aside…

I personally am quite confused by the developers direction with regards to the latest patch. as per the quote below.
    viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6559

Really?

The game is at such a state of perfection currently that they should spend their time on something like this?

Maybe when the game is a 70.00 dollar game and not 12… I mean come on have you spent any time on the beta with the new customization feature. I played around with it for a full day and once you get past sounding like a bunch of 12 year old girls giggling about how nice their dress looks and into the game play you don’t even really notice it after a while and it becomes the same game with a smidge more colour. ( my take on it anyway )

Priority list

• fix bugs to the point of a solid foundation. ( some will say we’ve been there already )
    • Once foundation is solid - Balance ( if required )
    • And finally ( fluff stuff, customization, player stats, purchasable items etc.

I have found myself with no real vested interest in playing the game any longer, other than to kill some time and " fart around " so I while I will not uninstall the game but the desktop icons will be coming down and I’ll check back in a few months.

Hopefully by then the folks that created the game will have a better understanding / firmer grasp of what this game is supposed to be AND the means to complete their task.

Or failing all the above…… Get the player numbers to the point where they can sell it to someone who can make it into a complete game…

It’s been fun later all…
    Canadian

• I think you got confused with vanguard and MaAs. See, MaAs are super OP this patch like archers. Vanguards are better now, but they still lose to MaAs usually unless the MaA is bad and the vanguard is using a claymore.

Anyway, the game isn’t very fun for me any more either. I’ve adapted, I’ve won 1vs5s again, just not as consistently, and I’m still not enjoying it. The same 3 things are what usually give me deaths: teamwork, MaAs and archers. Except now, there’s nothing I can do about it because you can’t reach them when they back pedal because of the crappy new chase mechanic, you can’t flinch them out of their arrow drawn but they can flinch you always, you stare at MaAs until their team mates arrive and you run or die, you can’t 1vs5 as consistently without combo feint parry, it’s just not fun. At least I had hope last patch with feint to parry.

I miss when archers died if they didn’t have their secondary out fast enough.

• @Dev.:

In his words there used to be options when you were fighting someone. Now it’s been reduced to making your opponent run out of stamina, or feinting to end the perpetual back and forth of attacks and parries. Either that or just use a vanguard with a pole or claymore, or go archer.

It’s sad because this is true. Fighting a competent player in this patch is either back and forth until one of you runs out of stamina, (which happens WAY too often) and both of you run away to regain stamina, or someone feints. (or one of the 8 crossbow archers on the enemy team shoots you in the back)

I feel like I’m forced to either feint, use a stupidly fast weapon like the claymore, bearded axe or any MaA primary, or rely on my team to gangbang people, which is irritating because I always liked mouse dragging/manipulating my weapon to get around parries without feinting pre-patch, which is almost impossible now thanks to the mouse dragging nerf and the idiot proof post-patch parrying.

• @SOC:

you can’t 1vs5 as consistently without combo feint parry

You couldn’t 1vs5 consistently even with CFtP in games where it matters. Grats, you could pubstomp against complete idiots, anyone could do that, and anyone can STILL do that.

1vs2 is mostly a lost fight against anyone with a brain. The most you can do is deal as much damage as you can before you die, or somehow live long enough for a teammate to back you up.

• @NoVaLombardia:

clanclanclanclanclanclanclanclanIthinkI’msof**kinggreatbecauseI’mtheoneeveryonehatesinmy
    clanclanclantrollclanclan

FIXED

Except for, apparently, clan matchs - which don’t really matter - you absolutely could combo-feint-parry your way through 1v5 against even skilled players.

• I completly agree with what both Dev. Arno Dick and Canadian said.

I was playing this game since January, invting friends to play along with me and such. I was having a blast. Last time I played (last week), it just left me with disappointment. It just not fun anymore, and there is alot of glitches that I just can’t ignore. I decided to take a break of the game until the fun is brought back to it.

Quite frankly, I don’t care about the customization. Top priority now should be focussing on fixing the issues, like the rank glitch that make you jump 10+ ranks, swings that just go through bodies without doing anything, broken tutorial and achivements and such.

• How can a vanguard dominate if there are 500 archers spamming arrows?