Competetive Weapons

• Which weapons would you consider competetive and why?

And which weapons are completely dominated by others?

• Any weapon you’re good with tbh. Some ppl say the longsword is a lot worse now after the patch, but I still like it.

Some favorites in the competitive scene are…(in no particular order)

1. Spear
    2. Brandistock
    3. Greatsword
    4. Longsword
    5. Messer
    6. Halberd
    7. Broadsword
    8. Heavy Crossbow
    9. Warbow
    10. Pole axe
    11. Sword of War
    12. Pole Hammer (I’m seeing this one a lot more now)
    I’m probably missing some. And honestly almost every weapon is used in the competitive scene by at least someone, simply because of preference.

• All knight 2h are complete shit post patch in competitive play, take broadsword instead or any 1h on knight really

because combo feint to parry the old way is gone now it pretty much eliminated 2handers from the top play metagame, atleast for knight

• @CRUSHED:

because combo feint to parry the old way is gone now it pretty much eliminated 2handers from the top play metagame, atleast for knight

excellent insight, dwight.

• Expanding on that list, I’ll include the most used maa weapons (as far as I’ve seen).

(no order)
    1. Broadsword
    2. Morning Star
    3. Dane Axe
    4. Norse Sword
    5. Holy Water Sprinkler

People kinda use all of them, but those stand out to me.

• @DanTheDiggityCrook:

Expanding on that list, I’ll include the most used maa weapons (as far as I’ve seen).

(no order)
    1. Broadsword
    2. Morning Star
    3. Dane Axe
    4. Norse Sword
    5. Holy Water Sprinkler

People kinda use all of them, but those stand out to me.

I’d replace HWS with Qstaff personally. But yeah, broadsword is by far the most popular I’d say.

As far as Vg weapons, they’re all used but brandi and greatsword are the most prevalent. I’d expect so see more polehammers as well. You tend to see a lot of Vg’s atm because of how strong they are.

As far as Knight weapons, you see almost everything. SoW and Longsword are still seen, but you’re starting to see more poleaxes, mauls, and messers.

• It seems to be difficult to find the sweet spot where both the Maul and Grand Mace are equally used and balanced.

• @Dr.Nick:

It seems to be difficult to find the sweet spot where both the Maul and Grand Mace are equally used and balanced.

They are balanced weapons and I am a loyal maul main. Idk man :(

• Mace FTW

• Hallo Fatties!

I got a question. I play vanguard with claymore most of the time. But I don’t see claymore in the list. Is the greatsword really better than the claymore?
    Thanks

• They are separate weapons for somewhat altered playstyles so it’s hard to say. The Greatsword packs more power behind it, with greater reach, but with lesser speed than the claymore. While it’s very damaging and can hit from a good reach, often giving you a reach advantage if you know your spacing, you are easier to punish from a missed strike than you would be with the claymore.