No example maps?

• I got to checking out the SDK, but I’m not seeing any example maps, or any folder called “ContentSDK”. I have “CookedSDK” and “CookedPC”, but alas, no example maps. I’m checking in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta/udkgame. Am I doing something stupid?

• @snoe:

I got to checking out the SDK, but I’m not seeing any example maps, or any folder called “ContentSDK”. I have “CookedSDK” and “CookedPC”, but alas, no example maps. I’m checking in steamapps/common/chivalrymedievalwarfarebeta/udkgame. Am I doing something stupid?

No, I can confirm that the recent beta patch did not include that folder. Luckily for me I had a copy of the previous beta which did include it so I have those files.

• Ah man, that’s unfortunate. I’m not sure what the file sizes are like, but if they’re reasonable would you mind hosting them / emailing me them? I’m feeling the examples would help in learning how this all works.

• Yeah they really helpful and are a good starting point for building your own level as you can open them up, edit and then save as.

However I’m not at the PC I use to edit maps right now. Also I think it’s better that someone from TB to host the files rather than myself.

• That’s understandable. Did that folder contain any more assets besides just the example levels? I’m not even able to find any static meshes besides armor and weapons. Very frustrating…

• @snoe:

That’s understandable. Did that folder contain any more assets besides just the example levels? I’m not even able to find any static meshes besides armor and weapons. Very frustrating…

No the folder only contained some very basic example maps.

You can still open the standard maps and look at how they are constructed, that helps a lot. I think they’re in CookedPC/AOC/levels or something like that.

As for the content browser, have a look at which folder you’re in on the left hand side, try going to the top most folder. Also check you haven’t got a search typed in at the top or any of the boxes ticked which would narrow the results you see.

• Uhg, I must be doing something very, very wrong. I’ve searched through the entire AOC folder, and there’s not any walls, ground textures, houses, or anything. A lot of random stuff. This is what I get when I look in levels:

Please tell me there’s something really simple and stupid I’m doing wrong!

Edit: When I opened an original map, THEN it populated with useful things. But, when I go to create a new level, half of it goes away (everything in the “levels” folder - environment stays, I think). Since you can’t resave a baked map, not exactly sure how I’m supposed to go about creating my own…

• Try clicking on the top most folder, UDKGame.

• Hi ! Yeah I have the same, lots of empty folders, you have to go to the Top folder as Dr Zob says.
    You will find everything there… ( strange )

And oh really ? so there is a way to open the officials maps ???
    Could be helpfull yeah, didn’t find it either .

• So I’ve learned a couple of things, maybe these can help other people as well.
    1. Pretty much everything good is located in the “Environments” folder.
    2. Pretty much nothing good gets loaded into the content browser on it’s own. To get the good stuff, I need to open one of the normal Chiv maps (through CookedPC->Levels), find the model I want in the content browser, and then re-open my map. That’s the only way to get things to show up in the content browser.
    3. If you’re starting a map from scratch like I did, make sure you copy all of the settings that the DirectionalLight has. Otherwise, your map will be lit quite harshly.

• So if you can’t find nothing in your Content browser or if there are less thing that u think there should be try clicking “All assets” or click on “UDKgame” (top folder) and select “Fully load” - Everything should show up then.

• Make sure you are fully loading packages. Right click in the content browser>Fully Load.

Example maps attached.

Please note, the TO one is WIP, but I felt like it might help -somebody-

• Click All Assets in the top left