Allow Dodging with Oil Pot in Hand

• I don’t understand why this isn’t already allowed. It doesn’t make any sense for Man-at-Arms to not be able to dodge while holding an oil pot, and I don’t believe allowing dodge to be used would be imbalanced.

• If you pull out your throwing weapon then it should be like every other class that has a third slot throwing weapon. MaA would be TOO good in that aspect because he could forever just casually back dodge someone chasing him and he can just stay out of reach and throw the oil pot when ready/safe to do so.

Same reason for why he can’t dodge with throwing knives.

• It would definitely be imbalanced. Firepots especially, due to the amount of zoning power and crowd control they have. If you could have effortless defensive capabilities while having that much power, well then gee.

• @DokB:

Same reason for why he can’t dodge with throwing knives.

So much this. It would be akin to allowing Archers to kick with their bows out.

• How about we add a long cool down to your dodge after switching weapons? Or how about every time you swing/overhead/thrust? That would put you in your place.

• That’s definently a no. Projectile weapons have their Kicks, Shoves, Charges and Dodges disabled while using to create this weakness to Projectile weapons where you can’t fight back if you were caught off-guard and attacked while having these weapons.

Imagine if Archer’s could use a kick or shove with their Bows/Crossbows?

• If only the MAA could dodge while carrying the flag in CTF. That would be some broken fun.

• @Alyx:

If only the MAA could dodge while carrying the flag in CTF. That would be some broken fun.

Such a disappointment when I tried that for first time :P

• @Alyx:

If only the MAA could dodge while carrying the flag in CTF. That would be some broken fun.

Pre-dodge-nerf it’d have been broken but now, especially after they completely removed the most fun fleeing tool the MaA had (dodging off ledges), it wouldn’t seem imbalanced to be able to dodge with the flag.

I mean Vanguards can sprint-attack with it.