So.. Uhh….. Patch DoublePlusUnGood

• Haven’t been on the forums for awhile, but I felt the need to come on and express my distaste for the new patch… It feels like so much was taken out of the game, I don’t know every change that was made, but it feels like a different game. Not a harder game, I’m doing just fine, but definitely different. Why does stamina disappear so quickly? Seriously, 90% of my finishing blows are dealt to a stunned opponent now. That’s just not fun. I used to have enough stamina to fight for a minute or two, now i get winded swinging my sword a few times. It makes the game too damn easy, if you can parry without missing attacks, the other guy will eventually run out of stamina and die. Which leads me to another point: How freaking long is the stun time now?! Two full seconds? Who decided that being too tired to swing and being stunned forever is fun?! This patch is awful. I want to have stamina, having stamina is FUN, it means you can do shit. Being tired and stunned for seconds at a time is not fun. Why should there be a period of time in which a player can do NOTHING to better his circumstances? Is it fun to haplessly watch your death unfold for two full seconds? Is it fun to slaughter someone who is entirely defenseless? I was opposed to any stun time long enough for a free hit from the start. This has simply gotten out of hand. I just really want to know who thinks it’s more fun to kill a defenseless enemy, and how did they get their grubby paws on my game?

• Do not worry my stamina hungry friend.

Help is near:
    viewtopic.php?f=51&t=14902

• @amrtin:

Is it fun to haplessly watch your death unfold for two full seconds? Is it fun to slaughter someone who is entirely defenseless?

Yes, if you’re using the maul. It’s really fun against players that know how to parry because they look up to try and block the incoming strike… so they’re looking up as my maul smashes into their face. You could hear them yelling, “NOOOOOOOO” in your head. Still makes me giggle.

But I’m more on your side. I think stamina is a bit touchy here, and it’s strange it’s such a big deal now in comparison to the last version of the game.

I’m honestly becoming less and less frustrated with the stamina situation as I play this version of the game more. I’m glad it’s something you have to be mindful of, but there are times when I am left wondering what I can do (playing against an excellent parry-er/riposte-er wielding a maul without being MaA, for example).

Honestly when the promod comes out I’ll be super happy to try it, but I might be more attached to this version at that point. It’s really all about what you’re used to, and that’s why this patch is getting like 80% of it’s flaming. I do think a good 20% of the complaining on here (like this post) is fairly justified. Especially more so when you bring actual complaints (like here, with stamina).

• That promod gives me hope…. Though it shouldn’t have come down to that. I just don’t follow the thought process behind this patch… Hell, they even took away your ability to feint after parrying. Why? Weird little things that I see no good reason for. I’m fine with the decreased feint window, but most of the patch is rubbish in my opinion. Went and made a fun game much less so. /rant

• I hate the stamina changes more than i’ve ever hated anything in my entire life. I’ve been doing some pub duels just now and so many contests come down to stamina drain, unless you cant parry. Its no fun to win anymore, let alone lose.

Why did they fuck around with the stamina system? It was simple, and it worked fine. They could have spent that precious time sorting out the weapon balance, as in… properly. Instead they piss around with a complicated ‘unique stamina drain for each weapon hur hur’ system to add more balancing issues to consider as they try to sort the game.

Genius. Im going promod. Not that I should have to, of course!

• Before hand you didn’t need to worry about stamina. It was pointless and it could have not been in the game and wouldn’t of made much of a difference.

Now you do have o worry abou stamina. Which is a good thing. It makes the game more challenging. And I like challenging.

Being an unstoppable god isn’t fun forever.

• I actually like the daze/stun from being kick/shield bashed while your shield is up, and from when you parry out of stamina (back in the days, you could parry infinitely even without stam, fights took forever lol). But I agree stamina does drain too fast now. Stamina drains too fast, yet gameplay is too slow and defensive now…

• Stamina drain is a balance issue, not a mechanic issue.

Balance will be tweaked, some of the mechanics may not.

The stun time for being out of stamina being increased was unnecessary, imo.

• Yeah, the new patch kinda ruined the game for me. :/ It was in a better state a month ago, and the combat felt like it was going in the right direction. Now, the combat to me feels weird and… “slower”.

• @SOC:

I actually like the daze/stun from being kick/shield bashed while your shield is up, and from when you parry out of stamina (back in the days, you could parry infinitely even without stam, fights took forever lol). But I agree stamina does drain too fast now. Stamina drains too fast, yet gameplay is too slow and defensive now…

IT NEEDS TWEAKING! 25% REDUCED TIMER ON STUN OR SOMETHING. AT THE MOMENT IT’S INSTA GAME OVER FOR ANYBODY GOING OUT OF STAMINA.